Search
Like Tree7769Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 07:42 AM
LJH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I got a note from Meredith at Tiny-RC, all is good and parts on their way.

I have done some reading on finishing Mini-Z bodies and it seems like simple Krylon for plastic works well? What have you guys used to glue in the lenses etc? I am thinking odorless CA so they do not fog or I have canopy glue that I use on the scale planes for gluing canopies on, it is slightly flexible and perfectly clear.

Cheers,
Jim
AlvBo likes this.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:01 AM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Glad that you got that sorted, Merideth really is great!!!

As for glue, I think you should try the canopy stuff. Maybe you can use some of the tree material the lenses come on to see how they react and how strong the bond is. I have used some thin odorless CA in the past, and while the lens doesn't fog, they are more prone to cracking in my experience. At this point, I don't care whether my lenses fog, I either paint them over with nail polish, or use monokote and cover them. I would rather be sure that they stay on well, and don't crack easily than not fog.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:17 AM
LJH
Tech Master

Being my first white body I am sure I will spend to much time on it and then cry as is gets scratched up.

The canopy glue works pretty well on a number of surfaces (Foam, Monokote type coverings, composites), I have yet to loose a canopy on my 100MPH+ war birds.

How are you using Monokote?

Cheers,
Jim
AlvBo likes this.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:26 AM
EMU
Tech Master

You can see the mosler headlights, and the f40 I covered the air inlets and rear window (had to cut away material for shock clearance). I use monokote when I don't have a painted body, and to separate it from other white bodies. I also use it for aero purposes like on the f40. It looks much better than packing tape. F40 headlights are nail polished...

AlvBo likes this.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:53 AM
LJH
Tech Master

That is a great idea....light, smooth and easy.....Nice.

Cheers,
Jim
AlvBo likes this.
Old 11-21-2018, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry for the newbish question, but I completely forgot if my radio can bind this series or not.

I have the Kyosho Perfex EX 5UR I bought 4-5 yrs ago. Does this radio bind with the MA-020S (WRX STI) and MA-020VE (AE86)?

TIA!
AlvBo likes this.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

It appears my old radio works with the MA-020VE

MINI-Z AWD MA-020VE Chassis Se
AlvBo likes this.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

And MA-020S is not compatible with the KT-18 and EX-5UR ASF transmitters (No.82011). *facepalm*

MINI-Z AWD MA-020SSUBARU IMPRE

Crap!
AlvBo likes this.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just finished practice rounds with the McLaren long tail. Now averaging 6.15-6.27 on a 15 lap run. I’m now very suprised. Based off conversation with the race group, I really expected bushings to effect the car more. It’s out running the FWD and on pace with the Jomurema. And only 4-5 seconds my main RWD.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:19 PM
EMU
Tech Master

When brand new, the bushings can hold their own for a few runs... but once they start to wear a little, things start getting sloppy quickly, and the car slows and does weird things.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:33 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by EMU
When brand new, the bushings can hold their own for a few runs... but once they start to wear a little, things start getting sloppy quickly, and the car slows and does weird things.
Ok. I was going to switch to the bearings, but think I’m gonna see how long the bushings can go for.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Need some help if possible.

So I just picked up this mini z buggy on eBay. Was hoping some of you experts could help me with a couple questions. I have no clue what chassis model it is? Also it doesn't come with a radio, so what are my options for a radio that will work with it? Is there anyway I can use my futaba 4px? Thanks in advance from this mini z noob!
AlvBo likes this.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

My FWD car showed up and it won't recenter. As soon as you turn it on, it shoots off to one side and won't move. If I manually center it, it might turn a little but then gets stuck on one side. Did the usual stuff like reset the remote, rebind, etc. Anyone else ever run into this? I'm guessing its the pot. Not sure if I should tear it down or just call Kyosho on Monday.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:41 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
My FWD car showed up and it won't recenter. As soon as you turn it on, it shoots off to one side and won't move. If I manually center it, it might turn a little but then gets stuck on one side. Did the usual stuff like reset the remote, rebind, etc. Anyone else ever run into this? I'm guessing its the pot. Not sure if I should tear it down or just call Kyosho on Monday.
Sounds like the pot, or the servo motor is wired backwards. If its new, just deal with warranty.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 11-22-2018, 05:04 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
I’ve had 3 FWD so far. 4th still in its box. I’m a little unclear as to what you are having. The steering isn’t centering? I had trouble getting my first one to center. Trimmed it so far that turning was a problem. Turned great one way, but opposite was horrible. I made the mistake of taking it apart. I found the page in book for centering steering, and been good since
AlvBo likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.