Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree7772Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2022, 10:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hobbytown here has no limit to what you can have? Bring what you bring kind of a thing? Kenon Hobby? Don't you have to email him? Or can you just order online? Thanks. No Rules.....
AlvBo likes this.

Last edited by beadlock327; 08-03-2022 at 10:00 AM. Reason: add something
Old 08-03-2022, 01:37 PM
Tech Initiate

So this question is about the Atomic AMZ, not a mini z but I thought maybe you guys could help. I am unable to get this car to corner the same left and right. Mine always spins to the left on hard cornering. I tried all different preload setups, swapping tires, adjusting droop screws. No matter what I do it always spins to the left. The car is weight balanced, diffs are super smooth, loose in back, ever so slightly tighter in the front. I'm super frustrated now😡🤬
AlvBo likes this.
Old 08-03-2022, 02:19 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Not sure if they have fixed the flaw, but the bulkheads are a bit off. Camber is not the same on both sides. Cross corner, one side will have negative camber, opposite positive. I remedied this by using different camber arms and a camber gauge to set the camber. It still has issues of different arm length changing the roll center and camber gain, but it drove a lot better after that change.

Check your camber, and see if that is the issue. If they remolded the bulkheads, then it may be something different... but odds are that they are the same molds.
Old 08-03-2022, 09:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have a kit from last year, the problem was still there, I think I made it a little worse with the wide CVD kit. I got the link kit too, messed with it a bit, but ultimately put drift tires on it, didn't have the time (or patience) to get it consistent on RCP track.
jtthebiggafigga and AlvBo like this.
Old 08-04-2022, 09:48 AM
Tech Initiate

You guys are right. Rf and lr have negative camber. Lf and rr have 0 camber. Thanks!!
AlvBo likes this.
Old 08-04-2022, 09:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Even with the camber problems my AMZ drove great when I got everything freed and moving smoothly. For the Mini96 track the hyper steering helps a lot.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 08-07-2022, 03:26 PM
Tech Adept

The new MR-03 rwd ESC can only handle brushed motors to what turn? Or can you use brushless motors? If not, what ESC are you guys using? Thanks for the info.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 08-09-2022, 01:51 PM
Tech Initiate

For the current mr-03 (i.e: white antenna with mini-z fhss protocol), you can use the kyosho xspeed v (MZW301) or PN 70t safely. There are stories of people using the PN 50t, but I think it can draw more amp than the main board can handle.

Since mr-03's electronics are all integrated, you can consider replacing the board with an evo board (brushless and brushed, with better fet), old asf board (can handle a bit more amp). Changing the esc to something non-mini-z would be quite involved as it would involve a servo controller and fitting everything in the chassis. At that point, you might as well go with non kyosho cars such as GL and Atomic.

I have both brushed mr-03 and brushless mr-03evo. They are fun in their own ways.

Originally Posted by beadlock327
The new MR-03 rwd ESC can only handle brushed motors to what turn? Or can you use brushless motors? If not, what ESC are you guys using? Thanks for the info.
EMU and AlvBo like this.
Old 08-09-2022, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you very much. That's just what I needed.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 08-09-2022, 10:30 PM
Tech Addict

Just some other info for coverting the MR03 to open electronics. The short answer is it's doable, but there will be modification done to the chassis depends on your choice of esc. I used a dasmikro's brushless speedo, because this ESC is wider than the original boards with MR03, I had to cut a slot on each side of the chassis, right behind the second "Hook" for battery clip, then I had to grind them down flat and basically jam the esc between the chassis and top plate.

As for the servo, both dismakro and Pn sell servo boards that will allow you to covert the servo motor and pot's wires into 3 wires that u can directly plug into a rx normally used with this scale.

The most messy part is to wiring the entire front chassis right, because now u will have to deal with cables form ESC, servo and rx. In my case, I choose to put the receiver on top of the chassis and passing cables from the slot in where the ICS port used to locate. This coversion isn't really fun due to the amount of soldering and cable management. Also, now there are aftermarket rxs made for Miniz Evo that covers bascially all the mainstream radios on the market. I really don't think doing this kind of coversion is worthwile anymore, too much work and chassis cannot be reused if you want to undone this conversion. Plus, using a open chassis from Gl or Atm makes more scene if u need to have more powerful electronics. The lipo battery alone will make acceleration a lot faster.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 08-11-2022, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Differences between different MR03 sets

I am looking at the different MR03 sets on the A Main site. There is the MR03 RWD set, the MR03S2 set, and an MR03 RS ready set. Can someone direct me to where I can find the exact differences between the ready sets?
Thanks.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 08-11-2022, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Default I found it

Originally Posted by NutDriver
I am looking at the different MR03 sets on the A Main site. There is the MR03 RWD set, the MR03S2 set, and an MR03 RS ready set. Can someone direct me to where I can find the exact differences between the ready sets?
Thanks.
I found this: kyosho.com/mini-z-info/model-comparison/
AlvBo likes this.
Old 08-11-2022, 06:51 AM
Tech Addict

I found this: kyosho.com/mini-z-info/model-comparison/
Just go for the RWD set, the electronics on RWD set have been greatly improved. Sports and sports 2 are old.
NutDriver and AlvBo like this.
Old 08-11-2022, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by zxcvb1t
Just go for the RWD set, the electronics on RWD set have been greatly improved. Sports and sports 2 are old.
​​​​​​I am wanting to know more for tech inspection reasons than anything else. I am looking at a "box stock" class and need to know the differences.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 08-11-2022, 09:01 AM
Tech Prophet

​​​​​​I am wanting to know more for tech inspection reasons than anything else. I am looking at a "box stock" class and need to know the differences.
If remember right the only noticeable difference is the antenna color.

With “box stock” tires are usually the only thing that can be changed
AlvBo likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.