Kyosho Mini-Z Series >

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Like Tree1836Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Old 01-02-2022, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chjosi View Post
Does anyone know which 98mm Kyosho/Autoscale body is the lightest? Lowest center of gravity?
Not sure about lightest, but there are a few that are better than others for racing like the McLaren 12C, Audi R8, etc. If you want to shave off some weight and lower the center of gravity, you can replace the windows with lexan ones.
EMU likes this.
Old 01-02-2022, 04:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

All of my cars have the 12C body. I was looking for the lightest stock body for a spec class.
Old 01-02-2022, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chjosi View Post
All of my cars have the 12C body. I was looking for the lightest stock body for a spec class.
I'd stick with that body. You might find some that are lighter, but they probably won't offer the same wheel offsets and/or handle as well as the 12C does.
EMU and chjosi like this.
Old 01-02-2022, 05:50 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Out of the currently available bodies, Mclaren F1 LM would probably be lightest, especially with lexan window. It is a very sensitive body, and can only use 0mm offsets... as Kremzeek said, the 12C or R8 would probably be the best option for race bodies regardless of power.

Even in stock class racing, you want the stability offered by wider offsets and the protection that the extra gap from body to chassis that the width provides.
chjosi likes this.
Old 01-14-2022, 08:50 AM
Tech Rookie

I know this probably has been asked already but I couldn’t find it at all. My problem is that when I take a turn at any kind of speed my cars back end skips through the corner even when I am lifting off the throttle. This started happening last night at my lhs race night it was fine for most of tHe night then it started happening towards the end of the night. I am driving an Audi R8 with the king pin flip stock front and rear springs and I had the .6 t plate and changed back to the stock T plate.
Old 01-14-2022, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

A disc damper will fix the skipping problem.
Old Yesterday, 06:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Kremzeek View Post
A disc damper will fix the skipping problem.
thanks I also took apart my front steering rack and found a knuckle was broken in half that might have been some of the issue too. Iíll definitely get a disc damper too.