Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
Kyosho Mini-Z Series >

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Like Tree1825Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Old 11-04-2021, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Go into the ICS software and make sure this is at 128.

Old 11-06-2021, 02:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

My software does not appear to have this option. I am using I.C.S Manager for MR-03EVO downloaded straight from Kyosho's page (201812)?
Old 11-06-2021, 05:10 PM
Tech Master

There are two newer versions available. Latest is v1.5 from 3/23/2020

http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...anagerV1_5.exe
Old 11-06-2021, 06:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Kremzeek, this was dead on and I got it running straight. Thank you so much for your help!!
Kremzeek likes this.
Old 11-06-2021, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Glad to hear!
Old 11-10-2021, 08:02 AM
hec
Tech Rookie

Morning all, I have searched every way I know how and I cant seem to find the info.

I have one of the Dasmikro ASF boards and I have been trying to get the ICS connected to have a look at the settings. The issue is I can't seem to find the right version of kyosho manager to read the board. I currently have ASFManager115 and that one will not work. I also have the EVO 1_5 version that does connect to my EVO chassis so I know the KO adapter is working. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-10-2021, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

for ASF, in addition to the desktop app, there is an android app (which will run on a Kindle Fire) via bluetooth. Of course, you need the bluetooth adapter, but this combination has worked for me with dasmikro ASF boards. I will try to double check with the windows app and see if I remember the peculiarities.
Old 11-10-2021, 01:06 PM
hec
Tech Rookie

Thank you Superfly05, I was able to get it connected after and tinkering around. It would seem as though my bind button on the board is a bit temperamental. The KO ASF Manager Ver1.15 works fine.

I also installed the MiniZ ICS settings 1.2 app and that works as well. I guess I should have tinkered a bit more before I posted the question.

Thanks
Old 11-10-2021, 01:54 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hec View Post
Thank you Superfly05, I was able to get it connected after and tinkering around. It would seem as though my bind button on the board is a bit temperamental. The KO ASF Manager Ver1.15 works fine.

I also installed the MiniZ ICS settings 1.2 app and that works as well. I guess I should have tinkered a bit more before I posted the question.

Thanks
glad that you got it working. Honestly, it's better to post the question and have the resolution archived here for other users who may have the same question at another time.
Old 11-10-2021, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

I have found all versions and flavors of ICS software to be temperamental at best. The dance one must do to install the correct Ko Propo drivers, get the COM port assigned properly, have the correct cable/adapter for your particular Mini Z, whether or not you need to hold down the pairing button, is a lot. Even then, you might do everything the same and have it work one time and not another. I always manage to get it working, but usually not before 2-3 restarts.
Old 11-25-2021, 04:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default MHS receiver

Does anyone make stand alone MHS receiver? I know dasmikro make asf but not mhs. Thereís evo receiver that works on asf/mhs. Has anyone moded evo receiver to work as stand alone receiver?
trying to figure out my radio situation. I picked up ex6 but just now realized that if I run anything other than kyosho Iíd be stuck running asf receivers. I have few mr02 cars that I would like to keep as well as mr03. I am also looking to build GL car. From what I understand asf frequency is very outdated. I do own Sanwa m12 that I use with 1/10. I was trying to avoid converting everything to stand alone esc and receiver but it I canít get mhs receivers I guess it doesnít make much sense to keep ex6 radio.
Old 11-26-2021, 03:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by brooklynrc View Post
Does anyone make stand alone MHS receiver? I know dasmikro make asf but not mhs. Thereís evo receiver that works on asf/mhs. Has anyone moded evo receiver to work as stand alone receiver?
trying to figure out my radio situation. I picked up ex6 but just now realized that if I run anything other than kyosho Iíd be stuck running asf receivers. I have few mr02 cars that I would like to keep as well as mr03. I am also looking to build GL car. From what I understand asf frequency is very outdated. I do own Sanwa m12 that I use with 1/10. I was trying to avoid converting everything to stand alone esc and receiver but it I canít get mhs receivers I guess it doesnít make much sense to keep ex6 radio.

https://excelrc.com/products/dasmikr...f-mz-505-clone
That's a VE Pro ASF/MHS clone.

And, as you noted, you can get ASF/MHS receivers for EVOs. ASF may be old, but dasmikro ASF receivers are solid, work well. In my opinion, you'd have to be a really good driver driving on the edge before you'd notice the difference between ASF and something newer.
Old 11-26-2021, 06:53 AM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

There are no stand alone MHS receivers that I know of. ASF is dated, and works ok, but compared to the current systems, is not as stable. There are small hits on the band at times, which is why I moved away from it and only use my Sanwa now. The ASF deficiencies are more prevalent on larger circuits, especially near the end of a long straight (where there is usually a small steering hit on lift of throttle).

EVO receivers use a proprietary connector and communication standard between the RX and main board. There are no mods currently which allow them to be used on standard ESC/Servo setups.
superfly05 likes this.
Old 11-26-2021, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm just getting into Mini Z (ordered an Evo SP, rx, some tires, etc) and am working on a track layout for the basement. I know nothing when it comes to an enjoyable to drive layout but came up with this. Looks like 4, Large L tracks would cover most of the track needed with a few extras but would like some advice on what is actually fun to drive on. Appreciate any feedback you have.

Old 11-26-2021, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Looks like a good mix of fast and technical. I'd drive it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.