Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree7772Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I’ll be picking up a mr03 rwd car and hope to make some laps. Thanks.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 01-19-2021, 08:43 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjordan44847
I’ll be picking up a mr03 rwd car and hope to make some laps. Thanks.
the stock tires are not good. Especially on the smooth side of RCP track. Nothing will make a bigger improvement then a tire change.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 01-19-2021, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
the stock tires are not good. Especially on the smooth side of RCP track. Nothing will make a bigger improvement then a tire change.

what tires do I need
AlvBo likes this.
Old 01-19-2021, 10:41 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Whats good for taking tire scuffs off the scale bodies? Normally I use motor spray or brake clean on my lexan off-road bodies but doubt it is safe on these hard bodies.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 01-19-2021, 10:48 AM
Tech Prophet

what tires do I need
Start simple with Kyosho radials. I use mostly 30 rated. Lower the number the softer the tire, also quicker to wear. When I first started I used 40s.

Front and rears are different width. Needs sets for each. They do not come as a front/rear sets.

One more thing. This gets missed almost daily in a couple Facebook groups. They come in training mode. Cuts power to 50 percent. It’s a simple thing in the book to get out of training mode.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 01-19-2021, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
Start simple with Kyosho radials. I use mostly 30 rated. Lower the number the softer the tire, also quicker to wear. When I first started I used 40s.

Front and rears are different width. Needs sets for each. They do not come as a front/rear sets.

One more thing. This gets missed almost daily in a couple Facebook groups. They come in training mode. Cuts power to 50 percent. It’s a simple thing in the book to get out of training mode.

awesome I’ll look into getting those As well. Training mode might be helpful to get started till I can run clean laps?
AlvBo likes this.
Old 01-19-2021, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

I assume the 11mm are rear and 8.5 are fronts. So when you buy a set of 4 it’s actually 2 sets or fronts or rears correct.
EMU and AlvBo like this.
Old 01-19-2021, 11:58 AM
Tech Prophet

awesome I’ll look into getting those As well. Training mode might be helpful to get started till I can run clean laps?
I ran in training mode for a week before I realized it was there. Can’t hurt to try it. It’s easy to switch from it.

I’ll post a picture of the tires sets I use after work. I’m not sure of the actual size in mm
AlvBo likes this.
Old 01-20-2021, 08:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New To Mini-Z

Hey all,

new to forum, hope your all well?

I am new to Mini-Z's, and want to buy my first.

I live in the UK, so if spares are available, what do I need. A change of tyres etc.

I'm only planning on using them on laminate floor in house and on smooth tarmac outside, if this effects the choice on tyres, what should I look for.

Cheers in advance
AlvBo likes this.
Old 01-23-2021, 10:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Tires Choice

Bought a RTR min-z, planning to run in the garage for now. What kind of tires are good for concrete/asphalt? Any other suggestions? Spring? T-bar?
AlvBo likes this.
Old 01-24-2021, 11:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Anyone help? Practice tires for hardwood floors?

I got my mini-z and tried driving it in the house. The stock tires are HORRIBBLE. It just spins and slides. I there a good tire to get for practice, that will last a while, that's good for hardwood floors? Down the line I can get racing tires but right now I want to practice and learn the car's throttle/steering. I just don't want to buy a racing tire and it wears down super quick.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 01-24-2021, 12:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by TRX_1
I got my mini-z and tried driving it in the house. The stock tires are HORRIBBLE. It just spins and slides. I there a good tire to get for practice, that will last a while, that's good for hardwood floors? Down the line I can get racing tires but right now I want to practice and learn the car's throttle/steering. I just don't want to buy a racing tire and it wears down super quick.
Try Kyosho radials. There’s no tire design for floors. But they might help. The stocks are not good on most surfaces.
elk and AlvBo like this.
Old 01-24-2021, 12:27 PM
Tech Adept

Probably just as helpful as tire selection when it comes to driving on floors, a good wet mop, or a wipe-down with a wet towel. Sticky tires attract a thin layer of dust, rendering them useless. Use masking tape to clean dirty tires.
elk and AlvBo like this.
Old 01-24-2021, 07:43 PM
elk
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The above two posts are the best advice for this situation. A clean surface really does help the Mini Z perform, while radials will allow the tires to deal with slight variations in surface better than slicks. The stock tires are pretty awful, but their performance increases slightly when the top surface (and mold release agents) get scuffed with an abrasive.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 01-25-2021, 05:30 AM
LJH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRX_1
I drove on hardwood floors for a couple of months before getting my RCP track. Cleanliness is the most important thing. I used a swifter before each session and as long as it was pretty warm I got half-decent traction but once it started getting cold all bets were off. As Billy said Kyosho 20 rears and 30 fronts or PN soft rears and medium fronts will work fine and don't worry about wear on none prepared floors, it is not an issue.

To be honest, I would get a track sooner rather than later, it makes a world of difference and is so much more enjoyable.

Cheers,
Jim

EMU, elk, Billy Kelly and 3 others like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.