Kyosho Mini-Z Series >

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Like Tree1741Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Old 10-24-2020, 11:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cody01 View Post
I can't remember the groups but it was mainly people comparing them to Wl toys pricing. I don't see WL toys as even close. I own one of their drift cars and it is nothing like a Mini Z for driving or detail. The less popular bodies or cheaper licensing ones are cheaper but I don't mind paying for the ones I want. Right now finding stuff in stock is an issue more than anything.
That makes sense. I could see that.

Kenon hobby is where most of us buy from. Depends what looking for as to whatís available. I do suggest not rushing into too much upgrades. Itís way too easy to drop more then the cost a car on upgrades.
Old 10-27-2020, 09:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

a local track is building a Mini-Z course indoor and I thought about picking 1 up for something to do, this winter. I was going to just get the MR03 Corvette RTR. Is that really all I need to have some fun with these things. I know they can be modded and I'd maybe do that eventually. But just want to get 1 and have some fun on the track w/o getting too serious.
Old 10-27-2020, 10:00 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by AJH387 View Post
a local track is building a Mini-Z course indoor and I thought about picking 1 up for something to do, this winter. I was going to just get the MR03 Corvette RTR. Is that really all I need to have some fun with these things. I know they can be modded and I'd maybe do that eventually. But just want to get 1 and have some fun on the track w/o getting too serious.
Tires, tires, tires. Nothing with have a bigger effect then tires.

I would suggest not upgrading until they decide on what the class structure will be.
usual classes are.
Box stock
Stock
Super stock
OpenGT

Most use Mro3 MM(mid motor). Wide range of bodies to choose from. There’s also a rear motor. I actually really liked RM. I raced both when I ran brushed. There’s also a wide and narrow chassis setups. These come with the cars.

MiniZ can be an information overload. There’s just too many possibilities with them to describe. I’ve chosen to try to keep as simple as possible. Even with my brushless that I currently race.
AJH387, superfly05 and titanmaru like this.
Old 10-27-2020, 12:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
Tires, tires, tires. Nothing with have a bigger effect then tires.

I would suggest not upgrading until they decide on what the class structure will be.
usual classes are.
Box stock
Stock
Super stock
OpenGT

Most use Mro3 MM(mid motor). Wide range of bodies to choose from. There’s also a rear motor. I actually really liked RM. I raced both when I ran brushed. There’s also a wide and narrow chassis setups. These come with the cars.

MiniZ can be an information overload. There’s just too many possibilities with them to describe. I’ve chosen to try to keep as simple as possible. Even with my brushless that I currently race.
OK great. That is enough to get me started at least. Thank you.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

I was actually able to score a new Mini-Z ZL1 Camaro (my fav car in real life) along with a pack of kyosho batteries+charger. So that gets me going. Once I see what guys are doing for tires on the surface (which I am not sure what the surface is yet) then I can stock up and try whatever people are running. I also do not know about classes yet because he is not sure what the turn-outs will be.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 10-30-2020, 08:09 AM
Tech Adept

Okay guys I'm really trying to figure out mini z tire compounds. Kyosho tires are self-explanatory my problem is the PN tires, PN has KS-M rear radials, KS-M type-F rear radials, KS rear radials, KS type-F rear radials, RCP type-X rear, RCP slick, RCP radial and RCP PARADA rear tires. That's JUST for the rear! I have read through a lot of this and the GLR threads and EMU references med and soft PN tires what compounds?
Old 10-30-2020, 10:14 AM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ae4ever View Post
Okay guys I'm really trying to figure out mini z tire compounds. Kyosho tires are self-explanatory my problem is the PN tires, PN has KS-M rear radials, KS-M type-F rear radials, KS rear radials, KS type-F rear radials, RCP type-X rear, RCP slick, RCP radial and RCP PARADA rear tires. That's JUST for the rear! I have read through a lot of this and the GLR threads and EMU references med and soft PN tires what compounds?
the current type is the KS and KS-M. These are quite similar, with KS-M providing slightly more initial response.

the PN rubber doesn't quite follow the durometer ratings most are used to, but lists the stiffness of the rubber. In general, the firmer the rubber, the more initial response the will be, so a firm will be more responsive than a medium or soft front tire. I find the medium front to be fairly linear in feel, where soft is more progressive, and offers more slip angle, and firm has a lot of initial steering but doesn't use much slip angle at all before it overloads.

For the rear patterns, f-type allows more rotation with the same compound compared to the standard. It is better suited for low drag brake, with drivers wo do not want much push brake to induce rotation. For higher drag brake setups, or push brake the standard radial is the better option.

parada is an older model, and has a different compound entirely.
ae4ever likes this.
Old 11-01-2020, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 164 (100%+)

just picked up an mr-03 evo. looking for a direction on where i can get a compatible body.

Last edited by jpcopeland1; 11-01-2020 at 09:36 PM.
Old 11-04-2020, 06:12 AM
EMU
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 View Post
just picked up an mr-03 evo. looking for a direction on where i can get a compatible body.
Depending on location, Kenon Hobby, Banzai Hobby, ebay...

kyosho compatibility chart, will have wheelbase and width for the newest bodies
Body Specifications ? MINI-Z Info

older bodies
Mini-Z
Old 11-09-2020, 06:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Dual center shock

Do I need a damper system to install the PN dual center shock on my rm Porsche. Just doesnít look like itís going to mount up right visually

thanks
Old 11-09-2020, 06:51 AM
EMU
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dc6287 View Post
Do I need a damper system to install the PN dual center shock on my rm Porsche. Just doesnít look like itís going to mount up right visually

thanks
the PN dual center shock is designed to mount to the adapter plate from their MM damper plate system. This plate provides multiple holes to mount the chassis side of the shock. I would think a workaround could be done for RM configuration, but it isn't plug and play like it is on MM.
Old 11-09-2020, 07:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Got to run my car a bit. These things are pretty fun. I was impressed with the stock performance. Can't wait to get it on the track
dc6287 and Billy Kelly like this.
Old 11-10-2020, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Which remote

Good afternoon,

I am looking for a top of the line remote that works with both MR03 standard and Evo. Is there a list of remotes that will work with both models? I know I would need to purchase a matching receiver for my Evo.
Old 11-10-2020, 12:38 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by DustinR View Post
Good afternoon,

I am looking for a top of the line remote that works with both MR03 standard and Evo. Is there a list of remotes that will work with both models? I know I would need to purchase a matching receiver for my Evo.
Thereís only one controller from Kyosho that works with both the brushed RTR and the Evo. Iím drawing a blank on the controller number at the moment
Old 11-10-2020, 12:48 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Kt-432pt is the only option radio for the FHSS cars. There is an EVO RX for it.
Billy Kelly likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.