Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
Kyosho Mini-Z Series >

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Like Tree7768Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Old 07-09-2020, 12:43 PM
Tech Adept

They normally have 3 shipping options, and the cheapest one is usually less than $5 for parts smaller than a body, and still got here in about 10 days. That option seems to have gone away with COVID.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:19 PM
Tech Addict

In regards to the diff, md005 is the factory option. However, ball diffs from GL racing and Atomic should also be compatible with your ma03. I used my AMZ's ball diff in my 030 EVO with no problem.

The other option will be the IW04's gear diff since IW04 shares a lot of parts with MA010. I have no experience with IW04 though, so I have no idea if the diff is smooth out of the box.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-10-2020, 09:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by zxcvb1t
In regards to the diff, md005 is the factory option. However, ball diffs from GL racing and Atomic should also be compatible with your ma03. I used my AMZ's ball diff in my 030 EVO with no problem.

The other option will be the IW04's gear diff since IW04 shares a lot of parts with MA010. I have no experience with IW04 though, so I have no idea if the diff is smooth out of the box.
That was a huge help! Thank you!! I originally checked Atomic but forgot all about trying GL Racing.

The beautifully sexy Atomic diffs (I love the red one) are out of stock, but GL Racing has their FRP Ball Diff Kit in stock. It's only $20, so the price is right. Also, they have an amazing set of instructions that illustrate how to assemble and adjust it. Perfect!! Although I'm lusting after the Atomics, I'll get the GL. A bird in the hand and all that.

Thanks again!

Best regards,
Jeff

AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-10-2020, 10:26 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SquadPainter
That was a huge help! Thank you!! I originally checked Atomic but forgot all about trying GL Racing.

The beautifully sexy Atomic diffs (I love the red one) are out of stock, but GL Racing has their FRP Ball Diff Kit in stock. It's only $20, so the price is right. Also, they have an amazing set of instructions that illustrate how to assemble and adjust it. Perfect!! Although I'm lusting after the Atomics, I'll get the GL. A bird in the hand and all that.

Thanks again!

Best regards,
Jeff
Sorry but I can’t let that slide pass, I’m just poking a little fun here.

Cold shower. Get out of house. Put the little RC cars down for a few minutes.

I get this hobby can become a “passion”. But take it easy.

Just poking a little fun
zxcvb1t and AlvBo like this.
Old 07-10-2020, 01:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
Sorry but I can’t let that slide pass, I’m just poking a little fun here.

Cold shower. Get out of house. Put the little RC cars down for a few minutes.

I get this hobby can become a “passion”. But take it easy.

Just poking a little fun
Ha ha!

C'mon now. Cars are sexy! And by the transitive property, parts can be too.

Have you seen the Atomic diffs? They put the others to shame. They are the Scarlett Johanssons of differentials.

Best,
Jeff

AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-10-2020, 01:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Ha ha!

C'mon now. Cars are sexy! And by the transitive property, parts can be too.

Have you seen the Atomic diffs? They put the others to shame. They are the Scarlett Johanssons of differentials.

I stopped here over a year ago

Small and really annoying to work on
eR1c and AlvBo like this.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly;15662964
[i
I stopped here over a year ago [/i]

Small and really annoying to work on
I just finished an AMZ and BZEVO 2017 those ball diffs are a PITA to build. Atomic supplies an m2 plastic hex nut that is near impossible to get started when assembling the diff. Why Atomic doesn't supply m2 locknuts instead of the crummy plastic hex nut is beyond me.
I am questioning Atomics QC. On my BZ evo 2017 one of the front cvd axle shafts is off center so much so at 1/4 throttle the car shakes like it's running on bad gas. It seems the pocket for the dvd is off center since when I measure all the other features everything else is on center. I have a new set of caves on a slow boat from MM
AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Memnuts
I just finished an AMZ and BZEVO 2017 those ball diffs are a PITA to build. Atomic supplies an m2 plastic hex nut that is near impossible to get started when assembling the diff. Why Atomic doesn't supply m2 locknuts instead of the crummy plastic hex nut is beyond me.
I am questioning Atomics QC. On my BZ evo 2017 one of the front cvd axle shafts is off center so much so at 1/4 throttle the car shakes like it's running on bad gas. It seems the pocket for the dvd is off center since when I measure all the other features everything else is on center. I have a new set of caves on a slow boat from MM
Goodness! Well... I hope that I have better luck with my forthcoming build.

The car arrived today. I still can't believe that they are selling a MA-3 chassis Readyset for only $129.

AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-13-2020, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Goodness! Well... I hope that I have better luck with my forthcoming build.

The car arrived today. I still can't believe that they are selling a MA-3 chassis Readyset for only $129.
Who is?
AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-13-2020, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cody01
Who is?
Kyosho America has the Renault Megane and Prius on sale for $130.

This is the ball diff that I have in mine:

http://www.broadtech.hk/eagleshop/sh...x?id=MA20VE-12

They also have a solid rear axle and a front one way if you're into that sort of thing.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-13-2020, 06:55 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
Kyosho America has the Renault Megane and Prius on sale for $130.

This is the ball diff that I have in mine:

BROAD TECH ONLINE SHOP

They also have a solid rear axle and a front one way if you're into that sort of thing.
I’m guessing they are trying to clear out the FWD. Unfortunately, it never caught on. I tried to get others in the group interested. They all liked it. But never got past that point.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-13-2020, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
I’m guessing they are trying to clear out the FWD. Unfortunately, it never caught on. I tried to get others in the group interested. They all liked it. But never got past that point.
Here too. I eventually made mine AWD and enjoy it a lot more than I did before.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-13-2020, 07:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
Here too. I eventually made mine AWD and enjoy it a lot more than I did before.
Best thing I did was to try other bodies. My one big annoyance with the FWD was how East they either got stuck on the rails or flipped on contact with the rails. Now with a Audi body it’s a completely different car.

I’m hoping to get up to Tracks over summer. I saw they started to have Sunday practice open.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-14-2020, 04:46 AM
Tech Addict

ma03 is more like an after thought from kyosho. Never understand why they dont release ma030s but opt for making a ma03f. Probably they want to revive the dead hot hatch back class.

With that said, converting a fwd into ma030 will give you a very stable chassis... i had my 030evo with r8 2012 on it and it was a joy to drive... Despite having a 8500kv motor, it is still usable once the epa is turnned down.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-14-2020, 05:18 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by zxcvb1t
ma03 is more like an after thought from kyosho. Never understand why they dont release ma030s but opt for making a ma03f. Probably they want to revive the dead hot hatch back class.

With that said, converting a fwd into ma030 will give you a very stable chassis... i had my 030evo with r8 2012 on it and it was a joy to drive... Despite having a 8500kv motor, it is still usable once the epa is turnned down.
I’ve got an AWD. Never like it. And at the time we didn’t have a class for AWD. We technically do now. But there are no MiniZ running in our openGT class. It’s all GL. I was trying to get there with my Evo. But that got put on hold when everything shutdown. See what happens in the fall. And since the next MiniZ group is almost 3 hours away. There’s little chance of racing there. I have a small chance to get there for practice. But I’m expecting when they start their Saturday racing back up will be about the same time my job returns to working Saturdays
AlvBo likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.