Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree7772Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2020, 07:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Also IF anyone knows where i can buy that PN racing pro lower front end, Let me know cause i have all the other parts except that.
P/N-MR3052
AlvBo likes this.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:26 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Jts1688;15619578]
Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
After 2 years. I still struggle with the wheelbase thing. I just can’t get it straight. I use the McLaren 12c on the 5600. Corvette on the 4100.

I never ran brushless on the standard mini96 layout. I really can’t imagine how people do. I only ran the stock motor on that layout.

here’s my 4100 on my current home track. I’m running 80 percent on throttle

Well Thats awesome! when can i come over hahaha.
As for the track i figured id just gear down and lessen the speed just to get a feel for racing more and thn build up from there.
Have you played around with any of the new AWD stuff?
There’s no way to reduce speed by gearing. With the Evos it’s by reducing the throttle on the controller. My 5600 runs at around 65-70 percent here. Not run it on this layout yet.

I ran a brushed AWD for awhile. Wasn’t bad. Just wasn’t for me. If I go AWD there’s a couple others I’d consider.

I do also run a brushed FWD. I’d hoped to get a few others in my race group interested. But haven’t. They have tried it. And like it. But not interested enuff to buy one.

I’m not sure the rtrs can run a 31T motor. I know some run 50t. But I’ll let others confirm this.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:38 AM
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE=Billy Kelly;15619592]
Originally Posted by Jts1688
There’s no way to reduce speed by gearing. With the Evos it’s by reducing the throttle on the controller. My 5600 runs at around 65-70 percent here. Not run it on this layout yet.

I ran a brushed AWD for awhile. Wasn’t bad. Just wasn’t for me. If I go AWD there’s a couple others I’d consider.

I do also run a brushed FWD. I’d hoped to get a few others in my race group interested. But haven’t. They have tried it. And like it. But not interested enuff to buy one.

I’m not sure the rtrs can run a 31T motor. I know some run 50t. But I’ll let others confirm this.
What would make it not able to run the motor? just wondering...
AlvBo likes this.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:07 AM
Tech Prophet

[QUOTE=Jts1688;15619601]
What would make it not able to run the motor? just wondering...
The RTR board’s have a motor limit. I know 70t and 50t work. Or I’ve read that. As 70t is the standard upgrade and limit for most stock class
AlvBo likes this.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:04 AM
Tech Addict

The v speed motor shown on the package is a 50t motor, so i guess it should be compatible with the recent rtr sets (sports sports 2 and rwd).But the pn 50t maybe another story, otherwise Pn will.not stated there is a gear limit for sports series using 70t on their webt...
AlvBo likes this.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:25 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=Billy Kelly;15619592]
Originally Posted by Jts1688
There’s no way to reduce speed by gearing.

You can reduce your top speed by going with shorter gears (smaller pinion), but I find the biggest effect of gear adjustments is the torque and acceleration curve. Taller gears (larger pinion) will give you a higher top speed, but also take some of the edge off the acceleration. I often find smaller pinions to be too snappy, and I more frequently break the rear end loose and spin. A larger pinion allows me to get on the throttle sooner in a turn without upsetting the car. In some ways, the gearing that will make the car go faster (higher top speed) makes it feel slower.

If you've ever driven a manual transmission, a small pinion is like hitting the redline every time before you shift. A larger pinion is like driving around at 1500 RPM, with shift points more like an automatic trans.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

So like many of us I'm itching to race so I got a mini-z MO3 MM Audi R8 ready set. I followed the quick set guide and the remote continually blinks but the LED on the car stays lit. Car drives as it should but very slow. I was wondering if I should get the upgraded motor The kyosho one Will it make a decent difference in the speed? I also wanted to get the radial tire set was wondering do I just order the narrow fronts and the wide rears is that basically it or are there different sizes other than those thanks guys
AlvBo likes this.
Old 04-04-2020, 04:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Sounds like you are in training mode.

Hold full throttle before you turn on the remote, hold the throttle for a second or two and release the throttle and the light sound turn a solid green. You only have to do this once and the transmitter will remember this setting. You can go back to training mode by holding full brake before turning on the transmitter.
AlvBo likes this.

Last edited by aaron joy; 04-04-2020 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-04-2020, 04:11 PM
kwt
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by fat500
So like many of us I'm itching to race so I got a mini-z MO3 MM Audi R8 ready set. I followed the quick set guide and the remote continually blinks but the LED on the car stays lit. Car drives as it should but very slow. I was wondering if I should get the upgraded motor The kyosho one Will it make a decent difference in the speed? I also wanted to get the radial tire set was wondering do I just order the narrow fronts and the wide rears is that basically it or are there different sizes other than those thanks guys
It sounds like you are in training mode. Take it out of training mode and it will be much faster.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 04-04-2020, 04:12 PM
kwt
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Southern Cross
I recent purchased the MR-03 Sauber-Mercedes C9 RWD Readyset along with a Mclaren F1 GTR body. I immediately dove into the Mini-Z world and realized how clueless I was. I would like to be able to run the F1 body and I am having trouble finding out what I need to buy and do in order to switch from 102mm wheelbase to a 98mm wheelbase. I don’t even know if that is possible…will I have to just buy a new chassis or readyset? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Been a long time fan of minis and these appear to be on another level!
You will need a MM or MM2 motor pod and a normal diff (Not LM).
AlvBo likes this.
Old 04-04-2020, 05:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fat500
I think you will be pleasantly surprised once its out of training mode. If you were to upgrade the motor, you should check with the club youre racing at for options. If making your own rules and wanted more oomph, i'd try the mzw301.
As for tires, yes narrow front, wide rear. You actually tune the car with durometer selection. Very soft or soft rears and medium fronts for instance.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 04-05-2020, 03:41 AM
Tech Prophet

[QUOTE=superfly05;15619720]

You can reduce your top speed by going with shorter gears (smaller pinion), but I find the biggest effect of gear adjustments is the torque and acceleration curve. Taller gears (larger pinion) will give you a higher top speed, but also take some of the edge off the acceleration. I often find smaller pinions to be too snappy, and I more frequently break the rear end loose and spin. A larger pinion allows me to get on the throttle sooner in a turn without upsetting the car. In some ways, the gearing that will make the car go faster (higher top speed) makes it feel slower.

If you've ever driven a manual transmission, a small pinion is like hitting the redline every time before you shift. A larger pinion is like driving around at 1500 RPM, with shift points more like an automatic trans.
I never ran the Evos on the standard sized Mini96. My brushed I ran the 6,7,8 pinion. The 8 never felt right.

He was mentioning run a 31T or the Evo.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 04-05-2020, 04:19 AM
Tech Addict

Has anyone had experience with miniz f1? I vaguely remember that during the pervious discussion there seemed to be problems with the old miniz F1 chassis. Are these problems make miniz f1 triky to deal with? Also, will the current GLF's tire fit on these old miniz F1?

I've been interested in micro scale F1 for a while but is not in the rush to make a purchase. The GLF is a nice platform but the body lacks the realistic appeal the miniz series had.

At last, If I am not mistaken, is there a new minz f1 in the works. I hope after everything gets better, we can have more info about it....
AlvBo likes this.
Old 04-05-2020, 04:59 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by zxcvb1t
Has anyone had experience with miniz f1? I vaguely remember that during the pervious discussion there seemed to be problems with the old miniz F1 chassis. Are these problems make miniz f1 triky to deal with? Also, will the current GLF's tire fit on these old miniz F1?

I've been interested in micro scale F1 for a while but is not in the rush to make a purchase. The GLF is a nice platform but the body lacks the realistic appeal the miniz series had.

At last, If I am not mistaken, is there a new minz f1 in the works. I hope after everything gets better, we can have more info about it....
I’ve not heard anything about Kyosho doing a new F1. There are some options for the GL.

AlvBo likes this.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:40 AM
Tech Addict

Looks pretty good, kinda remind me of the old tamiya f103 with endurance body on. Maybe I need to save up to get one in the future...

I guess my memory is kinda fuzzy because i remebered in one of the team miniz's video, the development leader said the miniz f1 revival is in the work...
AlvBo likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.