Like Tree1369Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Old 10-10-2019, 06:36 AM
Tech Regular

For 1/10 touring cars. Lipo does not need a lot of maintenance if not aiming for the top finish. Otherwise, charging beyond 5c and cycle the pack is pretty common. I was pretty happy with a pack with 4.1 milliohm of resistance for each cell. Then the top driver showed me a pack with 1. 8 miliohm in TOTAL. Combined with his superior driving and experience, he was a second faster than me in TQRC 's usgt class.

But for me doing all this just don't worth it.... not only it requires an I charger but doing such things really hurt battery. Myself is already charging a 6000mah pack at 20A which is not so comfortable when pitting next to the battery. Also I have seen more than a dozen severly puffed lrp, R1 wurksand orca packs there , these packs cost more than 80bucks when new. More importantly, it is not safe. The driver mentioned above almost burned his car down during the practice session.

I highly doubt micro cars will have these needs for high amp charging and discharging though. The connector wires are already thin and I don't think pushing above 1c charge rate is possible. after all a 20 awg cable cannot handle 10A ,right?
Old 10-10-2019, 06:50 AM
LJH
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yahoo......I am a big fan of Rally and especially the old Group B days and have been keeping an eye on the rally bodies that Kyosho offered but most are listed at stupidly high prices. Last night I found a clean Lanica Delta Autoscale listed on eBay and I made an offer that was accepted, to be honest I was a bit surprised. It is coming via the slow boat from Japan but stoked to run some hot laps with a rally body.......now if Kyosho would make a Audi Sport Quattro I would be in heaven or I would settle for any of the current WRC cars.

Cheers,
Jim
EMU likes this.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

Seems like kyosho will reissue the 2008 Sabaru WRC car this month.Hopefully Kyosho can do more reissue. Still waiting for a new asc 458 or la Ferrari that do not demand over 150 bucks.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LJH View Post
now if Kyosho would make a Audi Sport Quattro I would be in heavenJim
My all time favorite rally car growing up in the 80s.
LJH likes this.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:22 AM
Tech Adept

Would you say the new SP version due out in December is worth holding off for over the current EVO?

https://rc.kyosho.com/en/rccar/miniz...evo/32792.html
Old 10-10-2019, 08:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by EvilR2.0 View Post
Would you say the new SP version due out in December is worth holding off for over the current EVO?
I would say no, because most of the SP parts (nickel plated hex screws, oil shock and new upper caster arms) are or will be available separately. Unless you prefer the red or blue colored ball diff over black...
LJH likes this.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Traveler2 View Post
I would say no, because most of the SP parts (nickel plated hex screws, oil shock and new upper caster arms) are or will be available separately. Unless you prefer the red or blue colored ball diff over black...
Yeah when I read into it didnít seem all that! Especially when some of the kit Iíd change out!
Old 10-10-2019, 09:04 AM
Tech Adept

Am I right in thinking when running the PN motor mount you have to drill and tap the stock Kyosho motor to fit as they donít have screw holes for mounting?
Old 10-10-2019, 09:32 AM
Tech Adept

Am I right in thinking when running the PN motor mount you have to drill and tap the stock Kyosho motor to fit as they donít have screw holes for mounting?
Correctomundo!
Old 10-10-2019, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Traveler2 View Post
Correctomundo!
Thats a shame as I didnít really want to go to that length!

Are there other options out there that work for the Kyosho brushless motor?
Old 10-10-2019, 10:09 AM
Tech Adept

Thats a shame as I didnít really want to go to that length!

Are there other options out there that work for the Kyosho brushless motor?
Some of the Kyosho Route 246 mounts support motors without screw holes. X-Power makes some too! I've had pretty good results with the stock Kyosho plastic mounts.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by zxcvb1t View Post
Seems like kyosho will reissue the 2008 Sabaru WRC car this month.Hopefully Kyosho can do more reissue. Still waiting for a new asc 458 or la Ferrari that do not demand over 150 bucks.
Unfortunately Kyosho did not renew the Ferrai license, so you are probably out of luck unless something changes . . . No more Ferraris
I really wanted to try the 458 as a race body. One of my main cars is the 599, but I will have to find a replacement if it gets too beat up.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TPDazzle View Post
Unfortunately Kyosho did not renew the Ferrai license, so you are probably out of luck unless something changes . . . No more Ferraris
I really wanted to try the 458 as a race body. One of my main cars is the 599, but I will have to find a replacement if it gets too beat up.
I thought I’d read that awhile back. But couldn’t be sure.

I could think of some other bodies I’d be actually interested in. More towards the American market. I wouldn’t want it to be a limited release, they’d get bought up and resold at higher price
Old 10-10-2019, 10:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post

I thought Iíd read that awhile back. But couldnít be sure.

I could think of some other bodies Iíd be actually interested in. More towards the American market. I wouldnít want it to be a limited release, theyíd get bought up and resold at higher price
It is always a tough thing. Everyone always wants more selection, but it seems the license expense and the limited US market prevent it. Personally I'd love to see the newer Nissans, Mercedes or Aston Martin GT cars, but I am really only partial to autoscales in full race livery. Id really love the Ford GT or the Le Mans winning Toyota, but I think their proportions and bodywork would be problematic to fitting over a mini z chassis. When you look back at all the autoscales produced it is easy to forget that they were never all available at the same time. I do believe, however, that they used to release more.
Old 10-11-2019, 04:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TPDazzle View Post
It is always a tough thing. Everyone always wants more selection, but it seems the license expense and the limited US market prevent it. Personally I'd love to see the newer Nissans, Mercedes or Aston Martin GT cars, but I am really only partial to autoscales in full race livery. Id really love the Ford GT or the Le Mans winning Toyota, but I think their proportions and bodywork would be problematic to fitting over a mini z chassis. When you look back at all the autoscales produced it is easy to forget that they were never all available at the same time. I do believe, however, that they used to release more.
When I stepped into MiniZ. I made a rule for myself. No collecting bodies. I’d seen pictures of some cool, but yet slightly insane body collections. One of the guys my group has more then 500. Most have, and never will, come out of the display case. Another has lost count, he figures he’s bought close to 100 in last year. At least he usually starts with white bodies and paints them.

I would break my rule if they did a lineup of 60’s American muscle cars. Along the lines of 1/10 VTA. Camaro, Mustang, Chargers/Challengers. I’ve seen the pictures and old video from the 60’s when they raced in England.

I know that outside the States, they would probably have limited appeal.
zxcvb1t likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service