Like Tree1109Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Old 07-17-2019, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ty89m View Post
Not missing anything by using FHSS vs MHS with EVO?

Which EVO RX would I need with the KO TX?

Thanks!
According to Kyosho, MHS will benefit you if you are a very smooth driver. The FHSS is beneficial for someone who tends to have more sudden movements and well NOT smooth driving lol. So there are benefits to both, the FHSS being easier to drive but the MHS being more direct and responsive.

kt532/432 rx

Ko propo RX
Old 07-17-2019, 07:58 AM
Tech Adept

big issue will probably be what it feels like when you are driving.
Some like the Futaba better and some like Spectrum. Some like Ko Propo...
So you should actually go to your local hobby shop and hold tehm and see what you like before you decide what to do
Old 07-17-2019, 08:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NoBrainer View Post
big issue will probably be what it feels like when you are driving.
Some like the Futaba better and some like Spectrum. Some like Ko Propo...
So you should actually go to your local hobby shop and hold tehm and see what you like before you decide what to do
After two weekends with the new radio, I like it. Don’t like that’s its stuck being only for 2 cars. But It is what it is. I still use the RTR KT-431 for my stock car. Takes a few laps to readjust to the difference.

I’ve also got one of the Jomurema on the Futaba controller. Unfortunately don’t have the skill to drive that car well enuff to judge the controller
Old 07-17-2019, 03:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Ty89m View Post
Not missing anything by using FHSS vs MHS with EVO?

Which EVO RX would I need with the KO TX?

Thanks!
you run the receiver for the ex6 and switch the radio to mhs.
Red antenna receiver.

KO fhss is not kyosho mini z fhss. Totally different and no issues with latency/signal. We are just lucky that Ko decided to add MHS to their 10th scale radios

Tim
Old 07-17-2019, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Since the subject has popped up on this thread has anyone come across any info as to which KO branded 10th scale FHSS receiver is this FHSS Das Mikro equivalent to when it comes to response time?…short of coming across written info I suppose it would take someone with knowledge of processors (chips) to compare the Das Mikro with any matching KO Rx’s…(if they used the same or cloned chip that is )

I’m also equally curious where the EVO MHS response time/latency ranks compared to the Das Mikro FHSS or evn KO's own 10th scale FHSS rx's…. with all the excitement about non kyosho chassis using modular electronics if EVO’s Rx’s are now significantly more responsive than the modular rx's like Das Mikro then that would technically undercut some of the perceived other advantages of those chassis vs Mini-Z/PN based ones...anyway if anyone knows or can share any comparisons based on experience.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mugler View Post
Since the subject has popped up on this thread has anyone come across any info as to which KO branded 10th scale FHSS receiver is this FHSS Das Mikro equivalent to when it comes to response time?…short of coming across written info I suppose it would take someone with knowledge of processors (chips) to compare the Das Mikro with any matching KO Rx’s…(if they used the same or cloned chip that is )

I’m also equally curious where the EVO MHS response time/latency ranks compared to the Das Mikro FHSS or evn KO's own 10th scale FHSS rx's…. with all the excitement about non kyosho chassis using modular electronics if EVO’s Rx’s are now significantly more responsive than the modular rx's like Das Mikro then that would technically undercut some of the perceived other advantages of those chassis vs Mini-Z/PN based ones...anyway if anyone knows or can share any comparisons based on experience.
I have used all of the KO dasmikro equipment, mini z and 10th scale and it's all good. I currently have KO 413 receivers in my 10th scale cars, I have a couple of the dasmikro 10th scale clones (DSK-126)that I've used without fail. As for mini-z receivers, they offer fhss with and without a gyro, and ASF. I stay away from ASF personally but have a few that my nephew has used with his Ex-6r.

As far as response goes, the EVO is hand down my most responsive car. Not because of the frequency modulation, just due to how it handles things now. I have driven with 3 different radio/receiver combinations and all of them were good.

I'll run down some of the 28th scale cars that I use, without any issues and what receiver they have.

All controlled by a KO EX-II radio.

MR03 EVO, MHS, kyosho 82040 receiver
Xpower MRX 2, Swave speedo, FHSS DSK-113 dasmikro
MR03 Xpower, PN chassis, PN speedo, FHSS DSK-113
GLR, FHSS DSK-114 dasmikro
JRP, MHS DSK-119 dasmikro
MR03 PN car, MHS, DSK-119 dasmikro

Besides the antenna being different, you would be hard pressed to see a difference in the tiki tiki and the DSK-118 or the VE pro board and DSK-119. The boards report identical in the bluetooth software as well as ICS with a PC.

Never had a electronics issue and I'm close enough to a dasmikro dealer if something happens. Good luck and I hope at least some of my ranting helped.

-Tim
mugler, EbbTide and Kremzeek like this.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Thank Tim a lot of great info in that post including my main point of focus which your experience confirms EVO to be faster in response compared to modular electronics.
EMU likes this.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:28 PM
EMU
Tech Fanatic

I don't know if I got a bad dasmikro VE pro clone board, but it is noticeably my slowest brushless board. Its not very noticeable with 5500kv motors, but easily noticed with 3500kv ones. I have 2 of the boards, one is in the 90mm MC3 chassis which is gear limited to 12/51, and not competitive due to the gearing with a 3500kv motor. The other is in a PN chassis, and has slow acceleration even when the board is programmed for maximum power and higher punch compared to even the gen 1 VE boards which I have. My sample size is relatively low, but for$10-15 more, you could get a kyosho VE board which comes with servo motor and pot, so it makes more sense to use the kyosho for a full parts build.
TPDazzle likes this.
Old 07-20-2019, 02:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by EMU View Post
I don't know if I got a bad dasmikro VE pro clone board, but it is noticeably my slowest brushless board. Its not very noticeable with 5500kv motors, but easily noticed with 3500kv ones. I have 2 of the boards, one is in the 90mm MC3 chassis which is gear limited to 12/51, and not competitive due to the gearing with a 3500kv motor. The other is in a PN chassis, and has slow acceleration even when the board is programmed for maximum power and higher punch compared to even the gen 1 VE boards which I have. My sample size is relatively low, but for$10-15 more, you could get a kyosho VE board which comes with servo motor and pot, so it makes more sense to use the kyosho for a full parts build.
I have 2 DasMikro brushed ASF boards, and they both work well but both have a lot of servo noise when the cars are sitting still. They both seem to drive well with good speed once they are moving, however. I did have to spend extra money on servo motors and a lot of time with finicky soldering that is completely unnecessary on the Kyosho boards. I think I will just get the kyosho boards for future builds.

Does anyone know a way to use the EX-6r for 1/10 scale? When I contacted KOpropo they listed about $250 in parts I would need. I am restoring aTamiya Falcon, so I do not need a high performance response, I'd rather not buy a new radio if someone makes a reciever that will work in a 1/10 scale application.
Old 07-20-2019, 05:09 AM
Tech Champion

Wasn’t planned but new layout

Stock, Super stock and open. The Evo 12000 is a handful
EbbTide likes this.
Old 07-20-2019, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

And this is why we cant have nice things =/
Billy Kelly and art4242 like this.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:12 AM
LJH
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just finishing up my C9. I try to stay away from dark colors but the white of the decals helps a lot with visibility on the RCP. Not a lot of room to lower the back on the C9, I cut the body clip “rails” a bit but this is about as low as I can go with the current spur gear installed. Looking forward to turning some hot laps with it.

Cheers,
Jim

EbbTide and Kremzeek like this.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TPDazzle View Post
I have 2 DasMikro brushed ASF boards, and they both work well but both have a lot of servo noise when the cars are sitting still. They both seem to drive well with good speed once they are moving, however. I did have to spend extra money on servo motors and a lot of time with finicky soldering that is completely unnecessary on the Kyosho boards. I think I will just get the kyosho boards for future builds.

Does anyone know a way to use the EX-6r for 1/10 scale? When I contacted KOpropo they listed about $250 in parts I would need. I am restoring aTamiya Falcon, so I do not need a high performance response, I'd rather not buy a new radio if someone makes a reciever that will work in a 1/10 scale application.
My buddy uses the ex-rr for his mini z and 1/10 scale doesnt have to swap any components. So maybe it would be best to spend the extra money on that radio instead of the ex6r if you need it for 1/10 as well
Old 07-20-2019, 12:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by TPDazzle View Post

I think you should be able to use either of the below micro ASF receivers, just wire the provided micro servo plugs to a normal size female servo receptacle, and plug in standard servos/ESC.

LoCo RC Mini-Z ASF 2.4ghz 3 Channel RX Unit (Version 2)
https://www.banggood.com/DasMikro-2_...r_warehouse=CN
Old 07-20-2019, 12:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by art4242 View Post
I think you should be able to use either of the below micro ASF receivers, just wire the provided micro servo plugs to a normal size female servo receptacle, and plug in standard servos/ESC.

LoCo RC Mini-Z ASF 2.4ghz 3 Channel RX Unit (Version 2)
https://www.banggood.com/DasMikro-2_...r_warehouse=CN
I believe there’s a range issue if tried for 1/10. They weren’t designed for long range. I could be wrong.

I’m also trying to make controller decisions.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service