Like Tree833Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Reply

Old 04-22-2019, 10:23 AM
  #3751  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (39)
 
EbbTide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bay Area, Ca
Posts: 4,148
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

So the kt531/KT432 compatible Evo receivers are available at Kyosho America now. I am tempted to swipe one up while they last

82041 Receiver Unit KT531P 432PT MINI-Z EVO
EbbTide is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 01:15 PM
  #3752  
EMU
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
EMU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 841
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mechintosh View Post
Recently Switched my HFAY car over to the new Evo Board and Brushless 3500 KV. Under a suggestion from a fellow racer, also swapped tires. Went from Kyosho 30 Slicks in the Front and 20 Radials in the rears to PN KS-M F and Marka V1 R10 in the rear. Same settings only change was the tires, massive traction rolling on Smooth RCP. Swapped front springs on the PN AA arm setup to Yellow up from Blue. Still traction rolling. Went to the stiffest T Bar that I had, stiffer friction plate springs and thicker Grease. Ran the car with and without the Push/Pull PN center spring. Upped from the Red springs to the stock springs that came with the center shock and small improvements from where we began but the overall result is still traction rolls on fast corners. I have reduced lap times on by almost a half second but still traction rolling. Is this just a front tire issue or are there other settings that I can tweak to get rid of the traction roll?

Wheels - 2mm Front, 1.5 Rear HSV body or Audi R8, tried both.
What diameter are you running the tire? The PN tires should really be trued when installed for best performance. I typically start at 22.6mm diameter, with a bead of glue on the sidewall. I also do this with the kyosho front tire, but the newer low height 30 does not need the truing.

in general, larger height, will have more rubber, have more deflection and sidewall bite... generating more traction. Glue on the sidewall reduces sidewall bite and reduces traction roll, but only a little. I suspect that the diameter is just too high for your setup. Any rub marks inside of the body?
EMU is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 01:19 PM
  #3753  
Tech Regular
 
Mechintosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 335
Default

Originally Posted by EMU View Post
What diameter are you running the tire? The PN tires should really be trued when installed for best performance. I typically start at 22.6mm diameter, with a bead of glue on the sidewall. I also do this with the kyosho front tire, but the newer low height 30 does not need the truing.

in general, larger height, will have more rubber, have more deflection and sidewall bite... generating more traction. Glue on the sidewall reduces sidewall bite and reduces traction roll, but only a little. I suspect that the diameter is just too high for your setup. Any rub marks inside of the body?
No rubbing in the body. As far as truing, only turned down to remove the centerline.
Mechintosh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 01:38 PM
  #3754  
EMU
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
EMU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 841
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mechintosh View Post
No rubbing in the body. As far as truing, only turned down to remove the centerline.
do you have a caliper to measure diameter?

try a little glue on the sidewall, see if it helps. Apply with a toothpick or small screwdriver.
EMU is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 01:57 PM
  #3755  
Tech Regular
 
Mechintosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 335
Default

Originally Posted by EMU View Post
do you have a caliper to measure diameter?

try a little glue on the sidewall, see if it helps. Apply with a toothpick or small screwdriver.
Yes, digital calipers. Will measure and try the CA trick.

Thanks!
EMU likes this.
Mechintosh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 02:50 PM
  #3756  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 67
Default

Arch2b posted this on mini-zracer
Futaba radio and receiver combo
The website says it will be available in June. Seems like a good price for around $270. The receivers alone would cost $130.
MTseo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 03:08 PM
  #3757  
Tech Master
iTrader: (50)
 
Bmr4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,511
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MTseo View Post
Arch2b posted this on mini-zracer
Futaba radio and receiver combo
The website says it will be available in June. Seems like a good price for around $270. The receivers alone would cost $130.
So does that radio not work with all in one units like the FHSS in my MR03?
Bmr4life is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 03:16 PM
  #3758  
EMU
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
EMU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 841
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

No, it will work only with the EVO RX... The Kyosho FHSS RWD/FWD/AWD electronics work only with the KT-531P or KT-432PT radios.
EMU is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 03:27 PM
  #3759  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (39)
 
EbbTide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bay Area, Ca
Posts: 4,148
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MTseo View Post
Arch2b posted this on mini-zracer
Futaba radio and receiver combo
The website says it will be available in June. Seems like a good price for around $270. The receivers alone would cost $130.
that is actually pretty nice. If the bundle comes to the states at a similar price I could see me getting that if the Sanwa option takes too long.
EbbTide is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:11 PM
  #3760  
LJH
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 647
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I finally got to run my GT3 (991) body today. I went with 0 off set front wheels and have the chassis set up as wide. What a sweet driving body and it looks great as well.

Cheers,
Jim.
EMU and Traveler2 like this.
LJH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:28 AM
  #3761  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (39)
 
EbbTide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bay Area, Ca
Posts: 4,148
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by EbbTide View Post
So the kt531/KT432 compatible Evo receivers are available at Kyosho America now. I am tempted to swipe one up while they last

82041 Receiver Unit KT531P 432PT MINI-Z EVO
Back in stock Must've been a glitch on the page when I saw them OOS.

Last edited by EbbTide; 04-24-2019 at 08:12 AM.
EbbTide is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:13 AM
  #3762  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (39)
 
EbbTide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bay Area, Ca
Posts: 4,148
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Oh man the KT432pt transmitter is in stock now. Why couldn't pay day be on a wednesday?

Syncro Touch KT-432PT Transmit
EbbTide is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:16 AM
  #3763  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 7,459
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by EbbTide View Post
Back in stock Must've been a glitch on the page when I saw them OOS.
I saw the same thing yesterday. With Kyosho who knows why it showed out of stock.
Billy Kelly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:24 AM
  #3764  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (39)
 
EbbTide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bay Area, Ca
Posts: 4,148
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post

I saw the same thing yesterday. With Kyosho who knows why it showed out of stock.
If they get the Evo back in stock in the 5600kv variant while the remote is in stock I will be broke before the weekend starts lol
EMU likes this.
EbbTide is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:00 AM
  #3765  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 7,459
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by EbbTide View Post
If they get the Evo back in stock in the 5600kv variant while the remote is in stock I will be broke before the weekend starts lol
If they had said that the 531p receiver was going to be available this month last month, it would have saved me bunch of money.

If thet were better organized, wed all have been running Evos since January
EMU and EbbTide like this.
Billy Kelly is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service