Like Tree827Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Old 03-27-2019, 09:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
Well did the wide front conversion after work. Which puts me full day ahead, so itís just install receiver and try and figure out the new controller.

I did finally get another 12c owner to post a video showing his doing the same thing. Itís odd that I canít remember it doing this before. I know itís been few months since switching to the RM.
so the lifting problem on the front solved with wide front conversion?
Old 03-27-2019, 10:09 PM
EMU
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The press down test should not be done behind the axle. This is not indicative of how the load is applied on the track.

The load should be applied above the side body clip to have a more realistic load test.

with a shorter motormount, and t-plate moved rearward you will notice more front lift as load is applied behind the axle. However this does not translate to how it reacts on track. Using an longer RM t-plate in the forward most holes with the MM2 mount will reduce this effect. This can be useful for very low traction conditions to increase traction but can be less stable under high traction due to more deflection.
Old 03-28-2019, 02:18 AM
EMU
Tech Fanatic

Unfortunate news...

Menus ? Links - SANWA??MINI-Z EVO?????????????????????? - ?? RC ?????????
Old 03-28-2019, 03:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b.wihardja View Post
so the lifting problem on the front solved with wide front conversion?
No itís still lifts. But itís looks to be normal. Another owner posted a video of his doing the same thing.

EMU.

I wasnt trying a test. I just happened to push on the body and noticed it. I donít remember see the the brushed do it.
Old 03-28-2019, 03:35 AM
Tech Champion

Boy do they look stupid now. Put another big strike against Kyosho. One would think that before you announce something, they would have some idea if it would work. Thereís going to be some very disappointed owners.

How did you get it to translate? I tried the link but it in Japanese
Old 03-28-2019, 03:40 AM
Tech Rookie

I keep mine strictly RC related. Ignore the rest. Unfortunately itís become the most effective way to keep track of whatís going on.

I think Iím getting clearer picture of what itís doing. Fingers crossed, once go wide front this will solve it. For some odd reason Kyosho has the 5600kv Evo in 94mm narrow form out the box.
Yes that body is supposed to be wide in the front.
Old 03-28-2019, 03:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Does anyone know where I can download the latest Kyosho IC tag lap counter software? Kyosho site only lists the manual. Is there a different software I can use?
Old 03-28-2019, 03:48 AM
EMU
Tech Fanatic

Boy do they look stupid now. Put another big strike against Kyosho. One would think that before you announce something, they would have some idea if it would work. Thereís going to be some very disappointed owners.

How did you get it to translate? I tried the link but it in Japanese
I am disappointed about the situation, however, Sanwa is developing the receiver itself not Kyosho. I believe that the Kyosho proprietary interface is what is causing the issues. However, it is possible that there is more bandwidth in this interface than a single wire connection (from standard 3 pin, where two are for power).

I have my computer auto translate Japanese to English on the Kyosho site.
Old 03-28-2019, 04:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by xkylar View Post
Does anyone know where I can download the latest Kyosho IC tag lap counter software? Kyosho site only lists the manual. Is there a different software I can use?
ZRound list the kyosho ic tags as being compatible. I have used the software for ezlap but not for the ic tags.
xkylar likes this.
Old 03-28-2019, 04:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by EMU View Post
I am disappointed about the situation, however, Sanwa is developing the receiver itself not Kyosho. I believe that the Kyosho proprietary interface is what is causing the issues. However, it is possible that there is more bandwidth in this interface than a single wire connection (from standard 3 pin, where two are for power).

I have my computer auto translate Japanese to English on the Kyosho site.
While that may be true. It wasnít Sanwa that announced the Evo. It was Kyosho. And being that now, 3 months after the release they are just learning this is not acceptable. This will cost them as there have been a number waiting on the Sanwa receiver before buying.
Old 03-28-2019, 05:11 AM
EMU
Tech Fanatic

While that may be true. It wasnít Sanwa that announced the Evo. It was Kyosho. And being that now, 3 months after the release they are just learning this is not acceptable. This will cost them as there have been a number waiting on the Sanwa receiver before buying.
it is sanwa that is developing their own receiver. Kyosho has no part in the development of it other than providing the interface protocol information. Sanwa must have just completed the initial prototype, and it is not satisfactory. I don't mind waiting if the end product is without fault. Perhaps kyosho should have waited 6 months before releasing any information about the evo, but for a user like me, I would prefer to know the what's in the pipeline even if it is a wait until it is available.

There was little information about the mr03 release 10 years ago until about a month before release. This lack of information cost me thousands of dollars and months of development in a product. The sooner we know about a product, the sooner we can compensate for what it will bring to the market. In the case of the evo, the VE cars were low supply leading up to it, so it did not really effect their stock or value changing. The RWD is in a different bracket as it is a-m entry level product and much of the parts are compatible.

I have been waiting on the sanwa receiver, and still am. This means that I will just work with what I have and move more towards aftermarket platforms. I have no intentions in getting an EX-6, although my other ASF cars would appreciate it, they won't make full use of the protocol since they do not support MHS.

on the positive side, the kt-432pt and kt-531p EVO receiver is released.
Red RC News link

Last edited by EMU; 03-28-2019 at 05:24 AM.
Old 03-28-2019, 05:29 AM
Tech Champion

Emu

it is sanwa that is developing their own receiver. Kyosho has no part in the development of it other than providing the interface protocol information. Sanwa must have just completed the initial prototype, and it is not satisfactory. I don't mind waiting if the end product is without fault. Perhaps kyosho should have waited 6 months before releasing any information about the evo, but for a user like me, I would prefer to know the what's in the pipeline even if it is a wait until it is available.

I get that Sanwa is doing their own development. But Sanwa didn’t announce it.

In my limited time on the racing side of the hobby. I’ve come to see how some things are viewed differently. For the basher, non race side. We’d read of so many rumors of this and that. And then it would end up as nothing. That pipeline was just an empty shaft once reached the end. A promise from Castle creations that still 5 years later has been released. . Unlike the race side which loves hearing of prototype testing. Brand x is testing this and this. Because it seem to have better track record of eventually coming out.
Old 03-28-2019, 05:45 AM
EMU
Tech Fanatic

Racers are always looking at an edge, and because small companies do development products based on the bigger companies cars. Mini-Z had 10-20+ small companies making products for Mini-Z at one point or another. If racers see potential for a product to improve performance, they will put the money down quick. Bashers, not always, but generally tend to be lower return on investment unless it is a very popular basher truck.

Kyosho announced the planned receivers at the Hobby Show, but there was no Sanwa prototype on the table, which meant that I knew it would be later than the others for release. Looking at the information posted on FB, they state that the center chassis will be changed, I wonder if Sanwa could not meet the dimensional constraints given them by Kyosho as all of the other receivers have and this is the issue that they are facing now. Just speculation of course, but I personally would not care whether the receiver would fit inside of the chassis as I intend to use a PN chassis for the build since I already have one with a clone brushless board installed that is not permitted for stock class racing (under the PN rules), and that is the class which would benefit most from the evo electronics..
Billy Kelly and art4242 like this.

Last edited by EMU; 03-28-2019 at 06:32 AM.
Old 03-28-2019, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

well that is a shame. I guess I'll be using the bone stock radios for a while longer or permanently lol. I just can't stomach forking out the money for a new radio when all my receivers are sanwa.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-28-2019, 07:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

I noticed Kyosho released a new buggy to go along with the FWD and RWD models all using the FHSS protocol. Does anyone know if/when an AWD model will be released?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service