Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
new 1/24 chassis on the market >

new 1/24 chassis on the market

new 1/24 chassis on the market

Old 07-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just finished reading the other post on decline of 1/10 scale racing. Seems like the same thing is beginning to happen to 1/24 scale racing. Don't get me wrong, the new chassis is great and exciting. There will likely be many more new ones coming. However, when that happens, you won't be able to compete unless you have the latest and greatest.
Mini-z are perfect now because with just a few simple changes, you can be competitive. All cars have about the same capability. Is all about the driving skills and not the equipment. Is fun because you are not spending a good portion of your paycheck on it.
The proposed IMSRA rules make sense in that it opens up the class for competition. The only change I would like to see is that all bodies be made from styrene in keeping with the mini-z and X-mods character. More importantly, with the heavier bodies, CG is raised higher for everyone. It puts a handling restriction on all cars. That way, starter cars will still be able to compete effectively with high performance cars. It won't discourage new racers from participating because they don't have the latest performance chassis. Races will still be predominantly based on driving skills rather than equipment.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:11 AM
Tech Initiate

You got the right point. However I take it from a different perspective.
I believe this scale has a better potential than the others. First of all you'll never be able to (even if you want to) spend hundreds for motor, hundreds for chasis, hundreds for tyres every season or fuel or batteries etc. Just check the link below for a good review. Although it is spanish you can check the cost for a racing miniz and a racing chasis. Ironically racing with a pro car is lower than mass produced.

http://www.minizz.com/article737.html

Another thing is; with a non ABS body this cost gets lower even more. So if we can have cars which are affordable for everyone and LCG for everyone why wouldn't people opt for this way?

since there is no chance to break any plastics (cause it hasn't any ) ; its operating and maintanence cost is also lower.

I agree with you when talking about price and performance should be easily achievable for everyone and this is equals to paychecks for many scales. Many of us spending may be thousands for our 1/8, 1/10 and etc. However I'dd like to underline that this is not valid for this scale

Happy racing
Old 07-27-2007, 06:54 AM
Tech Adept

http://www.pnracing.us/2007rules-final2.6.htm
Just check this link, sinister is now legal in pn worlds.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Does anyone have a picture of this chassis with a Kyosho body mounted? I would like to see how the body mounts.

thanks.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:32 AM
Tech Adept

These are fotos taken from the 2007 Nuernberg Toyfair. The bodies are custom painted for sinister. On the pictures, body posts are from antenna pipe, but the production cars are shipped with alu. body posts.
Attached Thumbnails new 1/24 chassis on the market-sinister1.jpg   new 1/24 chassis on the market-sinister2.jpg   new 1/24 chassis on the market-sinister3.jpg  
Old 08-08-2007, 05:43 AM
Tech Adept

Some news about the car
http://www.redrc.net/page/2/
Old 10-12-2007, 01:53 AM

I've ordered my "sinister" couple of days ago and can't wait it to arrive tgr is 10 min. away from me but they have very strict quality concerns so I have to wait I prepared my airtronics 75mHz micro receiver to fit in "sinister". It's fantastic to use standart electronics with your sinister. I will post pictures as soon as it arrives.

Asil
Old 10-14-2007, 10:35 AM

here's a picture of sinister (taken from atomicmods)
Attached Thumbnails new 1/24 chassis on the market-13540.jpg  
Old 10-26-2007, 08:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i was curious if anyone knows if the losi micro 1/36th brushless system would fit in a platform such as this. i see a few other companies getting into these sweet 1/24th on road and brushless lipo would be stupid fun. If it indeed would fit, would it handle the power?
Old 11-02-2007, 11:47 AM

TGR sinister has it's first podium in pn worlds. 3rd place with half full batteries... congratulations to TGR and their team driver..

Asil