Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/18 Sprints Update

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 04:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default 1/18 Sprints Update

Well the RC18T Sprint Car bodies and wings came in from Mcallister Racing. It's taking some cutting and altering to get the 6" 1/10th wing to fit but it's getting there. After this 1st one the rest will be easier. I have 2 Sprint Car bodies and 2 Modifieds coming for the MiniT. I bought 2 yesterday and have 2 more coming Tuesday.
Well I started working one one Sprint Car. I didn't get it finished yet but here's a few pics of the Mamba RC18T. The wing isn't attached. I was just looking it over and I've figured a way to eliminate that space in front of the wing. This one is a learning experience. The next will be easier and will be the way I do the rest and will have pictures for the "How To" section on my site.

Old 09-10-2006, 11:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

OK so nobody's onto Sprint Cars. OH Well!! I just won't bother posting anymore about them in this forum.

Old 09-10-2006, 11:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Actually I wish that there was a better sprint body than the McAllister body. I have one and it sits on a shelf collecting dust because I hate the fit. I found that the lexan near the rear body mount locations was so thin that every time that I try and mount it, it tears a little bit more. And lord help me if I roll in a turn. And the headers don't lime up very well(I notice that you only have the right side mounted). Did you have a problem with the fit?

I linke McAllister bodies. I just think that McAllister needs to carve a new mold to pull from.

Your car does look really good though.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Keep them coming.I have a sprinter and a late model that I am building right now!
Old 09-10-2006, 12:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

I had to do a lot of "little bit at a time" trimming for the rear body posts, but I'm pretty sure they'll be fine. As for the exhaust that right side fit fine. I trimmed it right on the line they had underneath it. I made sure I lefe enough meat on top to attached it with servo tape. I also used a piece where it sits on that "shelf" on the bottom of the body. I have one more of these 18T Sprints to do and I shoud be recieiving 4 bodies for the miniT in the next couple days. I've got 2 Sprints and 2 Modifieds coming. I figure my son and I will have my backyard finished by next Sunday if we get 3-4 good afternoons after his work.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:07 PM
Tech Adept

The car is cool and all, but the Wing looks twice as big as it should be.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Lousy weather for pictires. Maybe tomorrow. I'm going to work on making the wing smaller on the Red and White car. Pretty sure I know what I need to do so I don't ruin the one that's on there now. I went and picked up the 4 new MiniT bodies(2 Sprint Cars and 2 dirt Modifieds) at UPS this morning.

Old 09-15-2006, 06:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

MiniT Sprint Car. I'm doing the next Sprint with Black on the bottom (at least).
Old 09-17-2006, 07:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

The other MiniT Sprint Car I got this week. There'll be more. Now I've got to do the 2 MiniT modifieds I got.

The 1/18ths waiting for my son and I to finish the track in the back yard. It rained tha last couple days and he's in New Hampshire for the NASCAR race today.

OOPS, Gotta remember to put the antenna up in the #8 Car
Old 09-17-2006, 06:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

The MiniT EDM
Old 09-17-2006, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

Good looking cars. We race 4wd Mini Late Models and Mini T Modifieds here at Checkered Flag Raceway in Kansas. Check out our photo galleries at www.cfrkc.com
Old 09-19-2006, 05:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you. Finally got around to shortening the side panel on the wing of the 1st sprint car.

Before