Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
OFFICIAL DURATRAX VENDETTA THREAD... >

OFFICIAL DURATRAX VENDETTA THREAD...

Like Tree21Likes

OFFICIAL DURATRAX VENDETTA THREAD...

Old 07-19-2006, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Default OFFICIAL DURATRAX VENDETTA THREAD...

just wanted to get one stared,, since it seems that the only one out there is in one18th.com,,,

i just purchased one and so far i like it,, havent taken it to the track yet,, but i plan on doing so thursday (tomorrow),, i would like to talk aboput set ups and any upgrades other have done..
Old 07-19-2006, 04:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Default It's a cool buggy

Hi Jae:

I know someone who has one and watched him drive it at Socal a few times. It's very stable and jumped well. The front hub screw came lose right away, so watch out. That 's the only tip I have.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JasonD7
Hi Jae:

I know someone who has one and watched him drive it at Socal a few times. It's very stable and jumped well. The front hub screw came lose right away, so watch out. That 's the only tip I have.
thanks,, im very familiar with duratrax and their hubs... had the same problem with my micro street force..
Old 07-20-2006, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

The buggy is very nice and we have been racing them since their introduction. The balls on the knuckles have a tendency to sheer off---easy fix= drill hole through with 1/16" bit. Install a 2 X 10mm screw to give the ball a steel core.
Drive shafts are a bit too long & tend to break at the end of the outdrive. You can cut a bit off the out drive to prevent this. Another way is to cut the drive shaft, cut a rc18t dogbone in half and splice together with the Vendetta u-joint using a piece of aluminum tubing. Make them about 1.5 mm shorter than original.
Plenty of cool new stuff out for the buggy, including ball diffs!
Old 07-24-2006, 07:14 PM
Tech Addict

Default Why Vendetta not RC18

The Vendetta seams like a real appealing package but the more I read about it here and on www.one18th.com the more questions I have.

It seams like there are a number of problems (parts which break easily, oversize electronics) right out of the box.

Are the Asscociated RC18t and RC18b more reliable cars.
If one was to buy the non-rtr version and then add their own micro electronics would they have a more durable product at a slightly higher price?
Old 07-25-2006, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

I still prefer the Vendetta. There are only two trouble spots, both easy to fix.
The stock servo is a full size standard with the ears cut off. Very robust for a mini buggy. I removed all the electronics in mine, most do the same with the 18t & b. More options available for servo in Vendetta.
Pro's and cons with both. The asc does end up more durable, but the Vendetta handles better & is not fragile.(once the two trouble spots are dealt with).
Old 07-25-2006, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

well i had mine out at the track on thursday for its maiden voyage.. everything was stock except for the half8th wheels.. the track is a 10th scale indoortrack the current condition was hardpacked and somewhat dry almost bluish.... i wasnt so sure about the detta the first time around.. my confidence in the product wasnt all that high,, i knew from reports and testimonials that the buggy was good car but i needed to see for myself..

there was one huge double in the middle of the track that the buggy just couldnt clear.. and having not break anythin my confidence rose..

enter the ib1400--- lastnight i took it to the track again.. frshly peaked ib1400 and half8th wheels,, the buggy ran across the back straight like a scared mouse.. (well not that fast.. my rc18t with 8kv mamba is faser) and took the large double with no problems.. im sure if i were using crime fighter tires and if the track was a lil moist.. i could overshoot the landing,,, but as conditions presented themself i landed it with high marks..

one guy on the driver stand saw the buggy and asked which car was it and he was amazed at how SMOOTH the car was.. it is very smooth.. lastnight the only thing that broke so far was a front shock mount on the tower.. done by someone else..lol.. so far that was the first thing to break and i have all hop ups ready for others that might break aswell..

cant wait to get the vr3 motor.. then i will call it quits as far as making it any faster.. by the way.. i love the esc on the thing,, seems to be very smooth.. might add heavier diff oil in the front though.. and i might not even change the shock oil.. the thing as is soaks up all the bad stuff on the track,,
Old 07-25-2006, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

did some more driving today.. for some reason i like driving this thing over my mod truck,,, it is just that smooth.. almost too funny
Old 08-16-2006, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

well cant let this thread die that easy.. anyone have any mods or things they have done to improve thier buggy..
Old 08-17-2006, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Juz Sharing some pictures of our backyard off-track. Our track is not big, but better than nothing. After our weekend on-road club racing (RAMS RC Club, 1/8th, 1/10th, and 1/5th scale on-road, also motorcycle racing), we do night racing, therefore the pictures were a little dark, also the pictures were taken using my camera phone without flash. We race Vendattas only.

Last edited by VR2L_DUDE; 08-01-2008 at 04:29 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Tech Initiate

how is the esc' in the vendetta??pros-cons,like- dont like

Allan
Old 08-17-2006, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AllanC
how is the esc' in the vendetta??pros-cons,like- dont like

Allan
After myself and 2 other friends have replaced the Vendetta's motor to the Duratrax VR3 motor, the ESC have quit on us. The Futaba ESC5000 cannot handle the high current demands of the VR3 motor. At first, I've installed a Mamba 25 with a 2054 brushless motor, but that was too powerful for our tiny off-road track, so i've replaced the ESC again to LRP Quantum A.I. Micro Reverse with no motor limit and the Duratrax VR3 motor. For our track, this
Old 08-17-2006, 04:26 PM
Tech Initiate

the vendetta esc is coming with my m18 im getting so I was wonder would it be good enough with the hpi stock motor or should i upgrade to a novak spy or even an LRP Quantum micro 2?
Old 08-17-2006, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by VR2L_DUDE
After myself and 2 other friends have replaced the Vendetta's motor to the Duratrax VR3 motor, the ESC have quit on us. The Futaba ESC5000 cannot handle the high current demands of the VR3 motor. At first, I've installed a Mamba 25 with a 2054 brushless motor, but that was too powerful for our tiny off-road track, so i've replaced the ESC again to LRP Quantum A.I. Micro Reverse with no motor limit and the Duratrax VR3 motor. For our track, this
have you changed the timing on your vr3 motor.. if you havent.. man you are in for a big treat.. also change to deans plugs..

im currently running a mamba 8000 and the thing is great fun.. i love it.. but i run on a 10th scale track. current layout is..
Attached Thumbnails OFFICIAL DURATRAX VENDETTA THREAD...-081506-track.jpg  
Old 08-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AllanC
the vendetta esc is coming with my m18 im getting so I was wonder would it be good enough with the hpi stock motor or should i upgrade to a novak spy or even an LRP Quantum micro 2?
According to the ESC5000 spec. It should be able to handle the stock HPI motor. The ESC5000 is rated at 50A motor. If you don't want to go to the hustle of asking the "What If" question and money is no object, then choose the LRP Quantum micro 2 with no motor limit and no setup... and water proof too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.