Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
Official AE RC18 Thread! >

Official AE RC18 Thread!

Like Tree1Likes

Official AE RC18 Thread!

Old 02-24-2007, 12:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Tru3Racing
Anyone wanna guide me to setup my 18t for dirttracks? I am having troubles getting it controlable on my track.

Dirt oval maybe?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
dirt track set up.pdf (126.4 KB, 244 views)
Old 02-24-2007, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Arno
What's up my fellow RC18ers
I just installed my Tekin Bruhsless 6.8 onto my RC18r and at high speeds it makes this wierd grinding noise, the mesh between my pinion and spur are fine, I changed all the gears in both diffs and my spur and my pinion and its still doin it. HELP!!!

i get that aswell.......wat kinda battery u running?

im running 8000kv C4 with mamba 25 and 11.1v 1800mah lipo...that your hearing is the motor spinning like crazy...i suggest u take your motor right off throttlethe pinion off aswell and run it at full throttle and ull see that it vibrates......either the shaft is bent or theres somthing happening with the air inside the can thats causing it to make funning noises like that....

it could even be your diffs slipping at high speeds.....but im pretty sure its the motor thing....

and ive realised it only happens with 6800kv and up..maybe because there are more poles in the motor? my 5400kv never used to do it..
Old 02-24-2007, 09:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Default for sale

i have a rc18t for sale its a chassie and a 300 motor and the stock tires and a set of street tires and a stock batterys im askin $75 for it
Old 02-28-2007, 10:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default DP Drag Link question

I'm trying to get the DP drag link installed but the link keeps rubbing so hard underneath and against the upper brace that the servo will not operate.

I tried attaching it to the bottom holes of the horn and idler and it hits the shaft.

Is anyone else having this issue?
Old 02-28-2007, 10:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by danthrc
I'm trying to get the DP drag link installed but the link keeps rubbing so hard underneath and against the upper brace that the servo will not operate.

I tried attaching it to the bottom holes of the horn and idler and it hits the shaft.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I had the same thing happen to me all you have to do is shave VERY LITTLE off the drag link at a time and it should fit snug!!
Old 02-28-2007, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

I will have to do that, but I figured out the reason why it is rubbing.

I upgraded the servo to the HS65 which is a tad ("tad) larger than the stock servo that comes on the 18R. That tad taller is causing it to rub.

I think I may take a little off of the top brace where the link rubs, so I wont have to alter the actual dp link.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

I use the hitech 56 and it fits perfectly, needless to say its worth it, direct is a good thing...
Old 02-28-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Addict

Well I have to admit some stupidity here. Although my drag link was rubbing a little. The main problem was that I had my king pin screws to tight and it was binding the steering blocks. It appeared that the drag link was the culpret but it was not.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:28 PM
Tech Adept

So is it ready to go did you get it running? I live in Dallas Texas and im looking to take a rode trip to race somewhere in a few months could you give me some info on where you race?
Old 03-01-2007, 07:59 AM
Tech Addict

Got it running now! yeeaahh!

In my signature there is a link to my website. Click on either outdoor micro, or indoor micro. There is a map to both tracks. We race on oposite weekends, so every Saturday we are racing 18th.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi all,

So the bug got to me and i go myself an 18t. Its rather fun!

Just curious what people are finding with shocks i was using intergy shocks and my rear left split right at the top on a very gentle roll (no previous hard hits) i was very suprised, i wouldnt of figured it to be a weak point... are they a bit crap?

this is my baby

Old 03-06-2007, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by monstercol
Hi all,

So the bug got to me and i go myself an 18t. Its rather fun!

Just curious what people are finding with shocks i was using intergy shocks and my rear left split right at the top on a very gentle roll (no previous hard hits) i was very suprised, i wouldnt of figured it to be a weak point... are they a bit crap?

this is my baby

nice T there buddy.....yea integy stuff is REALY crap...i likeyour rollcage..how much u get it for and wer from?
Old 03-07-2007, 04:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

yeh I figured someone was going to say that, i'm finding alot of play in the evo conversion everythings gonna need alot of shiming out. So if Intergy sucks, who's the alternative?

The roll cage is also from intergy.

So far apart from the Evo Conversion i'm running MIP CVD's and MIP Diffs too.

Do the stock AE FT shocks hold up ok?

if you want to view more detailed pics of my truck check here http://www.morecamberc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=157

Last edited by monstercol; 03-07-2007 at 09:03 AM.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by monstercol
yeh I figured someone was going to say that, i'm finding alot of play in the evo conversion everythings gonna need alot of shiming out. So if Intergy sucks, who's the alternative?

The roll cage is also from intergy.

So far apart from the Evo Conversion i'm running MIP CVD's and MIP Diffs too.

Do the stock AE FT shocks hold up ok?

if you want to view more detailed pics of my truck check here http://www.morecamberc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=157
3 racing is very nice....

the ae shocks are great
Old 03-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well as you can see from the pics on the above posted site, i have the AE shock on the rear left which has plastic end camps, can you get them alloy from ae?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.