• 1 Post By angrymelon
  • 2 Post By Birdman2136

MJX Hyper GO 16208

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2023, 06:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Default MJX Hyper GO 16208

Hello,

Thanks in advance for reading. First post here at the forums and pretty much brand new to RC cars. I started out with a HBX 16889 just to get my feet wet and it is a fun car for that, now my kids are using it mostly.

I decided to order a MJX Hyper Go 16208 and well I'm left feeling a little bit frustrated with the product I received. First off the wheelie bar provided doesn't attach to the car, second the LED lights seem to not work, and third being the most concerning issue is that the wheels all seem out of alignment.

As I said I am brand new to this and after watching a couple youtube videos I am unsure as to the best or easiest way to align the wheels. I was really hoping for a car ready to go out of the package as I didn't really buy the RC cars to do a lot of tinkering and more just for flying around the yard with the kids.

Thanks again for any help.

PS. (Because this is my first post I am not allowed to post a photo of the car at this time)
Old 01-27-2023, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Welcome to the forum!

FYI, we already have a thread for the MJX Hyper GO line of 1/16 vehicles. Found here:

MJX Hyper Go - 1/16 - R/C Tech Forums (rctech.net)

Regarding your issues, that sounds unfortunate. Can you elaborate on why the wheelie bar doesn't attach? Is it the wrong wheelie bar, missing screws, etc? On all of my MJX Hyper GO rigs the lights are controlled by a button on the transmitter. I cannot recall if they turn on automatically, or if I have to turn them on each use. The wheels being out of alignment is hard to make suggestions, as the rear of the car is fixed with no adjustment. Up front you likely have the ability to only adjust the toe in/out. I read in the other thread of someone having issues with weak wheels, I wonder if the misalignment is just poor wheel molds or something. Overall, I'd check the toe, and adjust as needed. Otherwise send it!
Old 01-27-2023, 09:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the reply angrymelon. I did read through that topic, but didn't think to add my issue into it. In the future I'll try to keep from creating topics with a thread already going.

Regarding the wheelie bar. My two thoughts are I either received the wrong wheelie bar or the back bumper was not created correctly. I guess the 3rd option is I could be a complete moron, but I did have my wife and 15 year old son both take a look and neither could figure it out. It does attach towards the bottom of the car, but that top screw area is non existent for connection to the RC car. (excuse me if my lingo is completely off here as I am neither a car guy nor a RC car guy )

The kids and I have been out ripping around with it and our HBX 16889. From what I can tell wheels being off is not effecting the vehicles performance enough for a beginner like myself to notice. So I may just say to heck with it and continue to rip around, I would say I mostly was just expecting to receive what many on Youtube have been raving about..

Oh yeah and I did not check the transmitter for a button to turn on the lights so maybe that is a quick fix right there. I only went off my experience with the HBX 16889 that turn on automatically.

Thanks again!
Old 01-27-2023, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Does your rear bumper look like this?
MXJ Hyper GO Rear Bumper
Old 01-27-2023, 09:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Yes, the problem is on the top half where you see the two circular areas which I assume is where you would screw the wheelie bar into were printed so small they do no fit properly with the portion of the wheelie bar that should connect. In fact they are so small the even if I were to get the wheelie bar to fit properly the screws most likely would not work.
Old 01-27-2023, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

So the areas circled in red are where the upper part of the wheelie bar mounts. Mine came with longer screws to use in place of the ones you have to take out.

bennytheblade likes this.
Old 01-27-2023, 11:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Ok.. I didn't get any longer screws that would be able to connect to that area. I didn't even consider that area an option with the screws provided.
Old 01-27-2023, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

That's a bummer, maybe the existing screws are long enough? The bottom of the wheelie bar mounts to the lower portion of bumper where its flush with the bottom of the chassis. Hopefully you can get it mounted up!
bennytheblade likes this.

Last edited by angrymelon; 01-27-2023 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Poor wording on my part.
Old 01-27-2023, 12:27 PM
Tech Rookie

I was prepared to duct tape it on... Joking aside the screws are won't fit, but I wonder if I could find something at the hardware store to make it work.

I'm not super worried about aesthetics and what not as I just want the 1/16 cars to rip around the yard. This car needs that dang wheelie bar! It pretty much flips itself if you punch the throttle right off the bat!

Old 01-28-2023, 11:01 AM
Tech Rookie

angrymelon, my transmitter does turn on the LED lights... opps

Thanks for mentioning that, I'll know for next time.
angrymelon and bennytheblade like this.
Old 05-04-2023, 01:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Birdman2136
angrymelon, my transmitter does turn on the LED lights... opps

Thanks for mentioning that, I'll know for next time.
Loosen the screws on the side of the wheelie bar to adjust that mount so it fits. Took me a while to figure that one out to 🤣
Old 06-21-2023, 05:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Saikerone
Loosen the screws on the side of the wheelie bar to adjust that mount so it fits. Took me a while to figure that one out to 🤣
Hi all

First post here…

I have ordered the 16208 truck and need to order another battery or two…. Does anyone have any guidance on what aftermarket brand/model/size batteries will fit? Preferably with details on any adapters etc that are required…

(I have ordered a skyRc e3 charger too)

apologies for the noob questions, only back into electric RC cars after a <20 year break - and technology has def moved on…

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-29-2023, 06:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone have any idea what size bullet/banana connectors are on the MJX's ESC and motor connections. Can't find any info anywhere. Trying to upgrade ESC only without having to solder. I have the MJX 16208.
Old 07-18-2023, 10:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi,
I had got my 16208 about a week back,After about 10 runs when i inspected the diff gears,the rear pinion gear which goes into the Differential and its corresponding crown gear of the diff have already started showing serious wear,and I m sure it wont last more than 5 runs .
The metal looks pretty low quality and doesnt look good enough.Does anyone know where we can find upgrades quality metal gears that can actually handle this.
Quite certain everyone is bound to have this happen to their trucks,and i never ran on 3s!

Thanks in advance!

Old 08-09-2023, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Miths009
Hi,
I had got my 16208 about a week back,After about 10 runs when i inspected the diff gears,the rear pinion gear which goes into the Differential and its corresponding crown gear of the diff have already started showing serious wear,and I m sure it wont last more than 5 runs .
The metal looks pretty low quality and doesnt look good enough.Does anyone know where we can find upgrades quality metal gears that can actually handle this.
Quite certain everyone is bound to have this happen to their trucks,and i never ran on 3s!

Thanks in advance!
Since this and FTX Tracer share a lot of parts, it was mentioned in the other thread that some of these machine upgrades would work.

MJX Hyper Go - 1/16