Like Tree15Likes

MJX Hyper Go - 1/16

Old 11-25-2022, 01:57 PM
Suspended

24 size motor is too smal for this 4wd truck
24 you have in Losi Mini T 2.0 that is tiny 1/18 2wd
24 Size Brushless is compared to 280 motor brushed in size exactly

390brushed stock, then go with 28size brushless , and 45a , or better 60a waterproof Hobbywing ESC that is waterproof.

Surpass have really cheap 2845 size motor that is awaible in different KV.s

Features:

★ 4 Pole 12 Slot Hi-torque Motor Design

★ CNC Machined 6061 T6 Billet Aluminum Heatsink Can

★ High Purity Copper Windings Maximizes Efficiency

★ High RPM ABEC5 Oversized Bearings

★ Universal fit

★ Precision balanced rotor,smoothness for best reliability and maximum RPM

★ Stator - Super Thin (0.35mm) Laminations

★ Removable/Replaceable Rotor

★ Precision Engineered for Maximum Energy Conversion

Less than 4000kv for 3s
More than 5000kv for 2s

And 45a ESC, or 60a HW With LED Programmer Card is the best if you want a cool combo. Just add cooling fan to the motor at hot Summerdays
The old HW Quickrun 1060 is great ESC

You need cut the connectors, and do a soldering job because ESC have 4mm and this little motor has 3.5mm bullets . Easy fix.

You can also find this 60a ESC rebranded cheap.

GoolRC 60A Brushless ESC THIS IS 30BUCKS waterproof

Motor is about 20$

So very cheap and great Combo with alot power for this awsome strong car
dknottyhead likes this.
Old 11-25-2022, 02:10 PM
Suspended

Thumbs up

100% The Worlds Best BUDGET RC Car !! (UNDISPUTED) - MJX Hyper Go Brushless

HardcoreRC
📹
https://youtu.be/ROz73zAuj2I

they give this car hell in this video, and it takes it

Melon i love that Outcast body, and those Proline wheels. Looks so great
angrymelon likes this.
Old 01-08-2023, 03:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi
Wondering if someone can help an RC newbie

I got two of these for kids for Christmas and within an hour both cars wheels had fallen off and looks like the inside of the wheels have disintegrated.
The plastic part of the wheel that sits around the plastic hex piece has all blown apart.
Im ordering replacement wheels but wondering if I should get some metal wheels or metal hex pieces instead?
Old 01-08-2023, 03:36 PM
Tech Rookie

I will post some photos
Edit I cant since i have just joined, will a mod let me upload the photos of the wheels?
Old 01-09-2023, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow I had not heard of anyone reporting issues with the wheel centers breaking. If that is in fact what you're saying. I wouldn't recommend metal wheels, as they will either bend, or just transfer energy to the chassis and break things there. How many of the wheels broke?
Old 01-17-2023, 05:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by angrymelon
Wow I had not heard of anyone reporting issues with the wheel centers breaking. If that is in fact what you're saying. I wouldn't recommend metal wheels, as they will either bend, or just transfer energy to the chassis and break things there. How many of the wheels broke?
Hi, at least 4 wheels across 2 cars. The whole insides disintegrated almost like a firecracker had gone off inside
Old 02-16-2023, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

They should've concentrated more on explosion proof wheels.
angrymelon likes this.
Old 06-17-2023, 10:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Vs HBX

Title says it all really. They appear to a lay person like myself to be very similar, if not identical.
One of the reasons I'm asking is each periodically go on sale (mjx is currently like 90 bucks US on AliEx). If there's not a 50 dollar difference then it makes sense to me to pick up whichever is on sale?

Please enlighten me. Thanks.

Also, thoughts on any similar cars in 100 to 150US range for beginner that won't be able to upgrade as often as one would like. Mostly bash and outside tracks etc. Thanks again.
Old 06-18-2023, 04:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by D35TROY
Title says it all really. They appear to a lay person like myself to be very similar, if not identical.

One of the reasons I'm asking is each periodically go on sale (mjx is currently like 90 bucks US on AliEx). If there's not a 50 dollar difference then it makes sense to me to pick up whichever is on sale?

Also, thoughts on any similar cars in 100 to 150US range for beginner that won't be able to upgrade as often as one would like. Mostly bash and outside tracks etc. Thanks again.

I am a beginer but recently bought them both and from my very limited time trying them out I much prefer the mjx.

faster, heavier which gives it more stability when accelerating (the hbx seems to spin out alot) better upgradability (separate esc/recever) and more space for battery changes.

the hbx would probly take more punishment thx to the lighter weight.

And from what I have read the mjx has crap matal for the drive components so are better swaped with the hbx counterparts (have just ordered the tracer parts mentioned earlier in the thread myself)
angrymelon likes this.
Old 06-29-2023, 09:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone have any idea what size bullet/banana connectors are on the MJX's ESC and motor connections. Can't find any info anywhere. Trying to upgrade ESC only without having to solder. I have the MJX 16208.
angrymelon likes this.

Last edited by saternal; 06-29-2023 at 09:35 AM. Reason: edit text
Old 08-09-2023, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by D35TROY

I think they're effectively the same vehicle drive train wise. The chassis and some other bits are slightly different molds. I don't think you could go wrong with either to be honest. Newer cars have came out, but I don't think there is much better in this price range and size. Stock the brushed motor scoots pretty good. I don't own a factory brushless MJX, only my converted model and it's bonkers.
​​​​
Old 08-09-2023, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by saternal
Does anyone have any idea what size bullet/banana connectors are on the MJX's ESC and motor connections. Can't find any info anywhere. Trying to upgrade ESC only without having to solder. I have the MJX 16208.
They appear to be 3.5mm.
Old 08-21-2023, 10:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New Member!

Hello All!

I am a new to RC. I bought two Hyper go H16DR for my son and I and I am having some problems finding information on upgrading the cars. The H16 ride lower than the 16208 and I am looking to upgrade to the higher ride height. The first upgrade I wanted to do was change the axles because I broke a wheel off of mine. The axles that came on the H16 have plastic axle ends with small screw that holds the wheel on. So, I thought I would upgrade to the M4 nut style axles. After installation of the new axles, I see that there is binding in the suspension articulation. Its too tight with the new all metal axles installed and after looking closely in a side by side comparison the new axles are just a tad longer from the seat of the bearing and differential end.

Has anyone experienced this issue and what fixes area available?

Would a different differential have deeper cups?

What other upgrades will I need? Will I need different shocks etc...?

All info is welcome to include best parts to use.

We have such a good time with these cars, I want to get back out there and enjoy them with the boy!

Thank you in advance for any help!
Old 09-18-2023, 12:07 PM
Tech Rookie

AngryMelon, did you use spacers for the Proline wheels for your HyperGo.

I really like the look on your RC.

I'd like to upgrade the tires & wheels on my H16BM & H16DR.

TIA
-H20driven - HyperGo Novice
Old 09-20-2023, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by H20driven
AngryMelon, did you use spacers for the Proline wheels for your HyperGo.

I really like the look on your RC.

I'd like to upgrade the tires & wheels on my H16BM & H16DR.

TIA
-H20driven - HyperGo Novice
I did not have to use any spacers, they were a direct fit!
H20driven likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.