Like Tree48Likes

Losi- mini JRX2

Old 06-05-2022, 08:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Looks awesome. Hate to be the guy. But. The few guys I have discussed about all want 1/10 scale. So they say there protecting the collectors??? Really. Like 20 50 year Olds that collected them. That excuse does not cut it. AE made new rc10s no problem.
kufman likes this.
Old 06-06-2022, 11:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

I think if we all let Team Losi know and talking directly to the folks at Losi know that we all want the 1/10th JRX2, I'm sure it would sway them to make it. I mean they are selling these thing to make money at the expense of our emotions...I just hope they don't re-release the 1/10th JRX2 with a $400 price tag.
Old 06-10-2022, 04:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Just got mine. Really love what Losi's done with these; full bearings (even in the bellcranks), turnbuckles, completely RTR. Hopefully a mini JRXT and XX4 are soon to follow.
Old 06-10-2022, 06:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Let us know how it drives - better yet post some vids!
J.Rovirosa likes this.
Old 06-10-2022, 08:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Rovirosa View Post
Just got mine. Really love what Losi's done with these; full bearings (even in the bellcranks), turnbuckles, completely RTR. Hopefully a mini JRXT and XX4 are soon to follow.
Definitely a mini-JRXT should be in the works. I highly doubt the XX4 will be coming though. Ran to grab two at my LHS and waiting for my Amain order. I can see a bunch of after markets coming from Exotek, STRC, Hot Racing, RPM. Hopefully someone can do a carbon graphic chassis to reduce the flex.
Rcdad42 and J.Rovirosa like this.
Old 06-11-2022, 10:57 AM
Tech Regular

I just got my mini JRX2. Never had the original. I hear air in the shocks. Any idea what weight oil is in those little shocks?

I found it i n the manual 22.5. Back to the hobby store.
305M3 and RogueIV like this.
Old 06-11-2022, 12:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Rovirosa View Post
As an owner of a XX-4 I'd find it hard to think of Losi making it smaller. It's already a pain to work in in 1/10 form. Great buggy but not really a good design for downscaling. Especially since it's designed for saddle packs.
Mac The Knife likes this.
Old 06-11-2022, 09:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by smirkracing View Post
Let us know how it drives - better yet post some vids!
Just got a chance to run a pack through it on the grass, but unfortunately it's getting too dark to take video. I can say that it's pretty damn quick for a brushed RTR and it does seem like it will handle the rough stuff really well. Never got a chance to drive the real thing, but I'd imagine this is what everyone was talking about when the original's rough track handling was mentioned.
Old 06-11-2022, 09:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by volracer View Post
I just got my mini JRX2. Never had the original. I hear air in the shocks. Any idea what weight oil is in those little shocks?

I found it i n the manual 22.5. Back to the hobby store.
One of the rear shocks on mine seeped a little from the box.
Old 06-11-2022, 09:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by RogueIV View Post
As an owner of a XX-4 I'd find it hard to think of Losi making it smaller. It's already a pain to work in in 1/10 form. Great buggy but not really a good design for downscaling. Especially since it's designed for saddle packs.
Wishful thinking, I know
Old 06-20-2022, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Just got mine!! about to go beat the snot out of it ,LOL
Old 06-20-2022, 10:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The little guy loves big air

tfrahm, hobbyten, rippen and 2 others like this.
Old 06-21-2022, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

For those who have leaking shocks, be sure to check that the seal cartridge is fully snapped together. I noticed while rebuilding mine (they were almost empty from the factory) that a couple didn't have the seal properly snapped together. Without this compression on the o-rings, the shocks will not hold oil. Also, be sure to wipe out the shocks when you refill them. 2 of mine had some rather large metal shavings in them.
2wdMod likes this.

Last edited by kufman; 06-22-2022 at 01:12 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-21-2022, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kufman View Post
For those who have leaking shocks, be sure to check that the seal cartridge is fully snapped together. I noticed while rebuilding mine (they were almost empty from the factor) that a couple didn't have the seal properly snapped together. Without this compression on the o-rings, the shocks will not hold oil. Also, be sure to wipe out the shocks when you refill them. 2 of mine had some rather large metal shavings in them.
Noticed the same with mine.. a couple werent snapped and some flecks in the oil .. I just did a rebuild on mine out of the box before I even ran it since people have been having issues.
kufman likes this.
Old 06-25-2022, 05:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by kufman View Post
For those who have leaking shocks, be sure to check that the seal cartridge is fully snapped together. I noticed while rebuilding mine (they were almost empty from the factory) that a couple didn't have the seal properly snapped together. Without this compression on the o-rings, the shocks will not hold oil. Also, be sure to wipe out the shocks when you refill them. 2 of mine had some rather large metal shavings in them.
This was also the reason for the leaky shock on mine.
2wdMod likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.