Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By smirkracing
  • 1 Post By smirkracing
  • 1 Post By jeanethics

New mini T 2.0

Old 10-31-2021, 02:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Default New mini T 2.0

I just got one of these, brushed, for 99 bucks on sale. Still have a charger on order and was looking at the different plastic parts. I know that they make a lot of aluminum upgrades, but at least back when I used to run Rustlers a decade ago aluminum doesnít necessarily mean stronger than plastic and was wondering what parts I should upgrade with aluminum? If any? Shocks and the steering servo arm seem to make sense.

Also probably going to get the spiked tires for the back because the stock tires seem a bit slick. I will mostly run this on gravel and grass.

Is the dynamite brushless the only upgrade that will fit motor wise? I have one from a wrecked truck but may want to go with something different if itís available.
Old 10-31-2021, 02:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I agree with you. Aluminum is overhyped for this little chassis. I would avoid swapping plastic for aluminum in most cases (except shocks).

My upgrades after 6 months of ownership:

1. brushless if you donít have it (2in1 combo actually works great, but many other motors and ESCs will work also).

2. Aluminum shocks - plastic shocks would break from time to time

3. Hot racing Adjustable motor mount - the preset holes on the stock plate are not useful

4. radio (typical for practically all RTRs so not a big deal)

5. Tires (again hardly an upgrade - pretty standard to get the right tires for the job). I find the axial yeti jr sand paddles to be amazing on this truck. You will need adapters from 8 to 12mm to run them.
ChevronB8 likes this.
Old 10-31-2021, 03:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by smirkracing View Post
I agree with you. Aluminum is overhyped for this little chassis. I would avoid swapping plastic for aluminum in most cases (except shocks).

My upgrades after 6 months of ownership:

1. brushless if you donít have it (2in1 combo actually works great, but many other motors and ESCs will work also).

2. Aluminum shocks - plastic shocks would break from time to time

3. Hot racing Adjustable motor mount - the preset holes on the stock plate are not useful

4. radio (typical for practically all RTRs so not a big deal)

5. Tires (again hardly an upgrade - pretty standard to get the right tires for the job). I find the axial yeti jr sand paddles to be amazing on this truck. You will need adapters from 8 to 12mm to run them.
Yeah, the stock radio looks like garbage. I have some laying about I might re-purpose if the receiver is small enough. Good call on the motor mount. Iím ordering a castle sidewinder so thatís going to have to be upgraded.
Old 10-31-2021, 05:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have the Hobbywing 2030 7800kv motor installed right now.

Tiny little motor but performs really well. Had to turn down punch to about 3 out of 9 and loosen slipper to tame the wheelies. Made the mistake of testing without body at first, flipped over at high speed, went skidding down street and snapped the rear shock tower completely off. Lesson learned. Test with body on, and reduce punch ASAP.
ChevronB8 likes this.
Old 10-31-2021, 10:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChevronB8 View Post
I just got one of these, brushed, for 99 bucks on sale. Still have a charger on order and was looking at the different plastic parts. I know that they make a lot of aluminum upgrades, but at least back when I used to run Rustlers a decade ago aluminum doesn’t necessarily mean stronger than plastic and was wondering what parts I should upgrade with aluminum? If any? Shocks and the steering servo arm seem to make sense.

Also probably going to get the spiked tires for the back because the stock tires seem a bit slick. I will mostly run this on gravel and grass.

Is the dynamite brushless the only upgrade that will fit motor wise? I have one from a wrecked truck but may want to go with something different if it’s available.
Nice buy , do you mind sharing where you got the deal? Was it online?
token likes this.

Last edited by jeanethics; 11-03-2021 at 09:47 PM.