ESC/RX smoking

Old 01-07-2021, 02:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Default ESC/RX smoking

So I was doing some work on my social scx24 and when I was done working with the lights, I plugged in the battery to try them. But of course my dumbass plugged the battery into the motor plug. (If you have ever seen a scx24 you would understand this happening). To make a long story short, the esc/ex decided to smoke up for a split second. I would like to know if it would be safe to still use the Esc/ex or would I have to replace it?
Old 01-08-2021, 12:47 AM
Tech Adept

probably not a matter of "safe," but more likely it won't work. Once you release the magic smoke, it's usually over unless you're an electronic engineer.
Old 01-08-2021, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Safe that went up in smoke.. if esc still works go have fun
Old 01-09-2021, 02:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Default So I tried anyways

Originally Posted by superfly05 View Post
probably not a matter of "safe," but more likely it won't work. Once you release the magic smoke, it's usually over unless you're an electronic engineer.
So I tried to turn it on for a split second after and everything seemed to be normal, keep in mind that I didnt have anything plugged into the esc exept for the LEDs. I'm curious to see it te motor plug still works after having voltage come in instead of out. Thanks for the advice.