Losi mini B 1/16th 2wd buggy

Old 12-31-2021, 02:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I just got done installing a Reef's 99 micro servo, fits perfect
Old 01-01-2022, 07:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My stering is not working anymore, strange thing is that I can adjust stering trim, but doesn't react to wheel input. Could it be radio is bad?
Old 01-02-2022, 08:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bratan View Post
My stering is not working anymore, strange thing is that I can adjust stering trim, but doesn't react to wheel input. Could it be radio is bad?
Do you have another servo you can plug into the receiver to troubleshoot? Or a different transmitter/receiver to try with this servo?
Old 01-02-2022, 09:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by HwyStar View Post
Do you have another servo you can plug into the receiver to troubleshoot? Or a different transmitter/receiver to try with this servo?
tried different servo and nothing, I can adjust the trim, when full lock to the left I can hear the servo trying to move but yeah, it's not the servo.
Not sure how to try other rx/tx combo, still have stock 2in1 esc
Old 01-06-2022, 03:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by bratan View Post
tried different servo and nothing, I can adjust the trim, when full lock to the left I can hear the servo trying to move but yeah, it's not the servo.
Not sure how to try other rx/tx combo, still have stock 2in1 esc
I regret that this doesn't help you necessarily but wanted to add that I had both the ESC and transmitter go bad on me. It happened on separate occasions, about a month apart. Horizon replaced both under warranty. They didn't even require a proof of purchase for the ESC which leads me to believe they are seeing problems with the ESC.

My ESC went totally dead upon a moderately hard jump landing. My transmitter started acting like there was a loose connection, it would shut off/on if you rattled it.

I hope you can get yours sorted out soon!
Old 01-06-2022, 08:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by perchalot View Post
I regret that this doesn't help you necessarily but wanted to add that I had both the ESC and transmitter go bad on me. It happened on separate occasions, about a month apart. Horizon replaced both under warranty. They didn't even require a proof of purchase for the ESC which leads me to believe they are seeing problems with the ESC.

My ESC went totally dead upon a moderately hard jump landing. My transmitter started acting like there was a loose connection, it would shut off/on if you rattled it.

I hope you can get yours sorted out soon!
To be honest I didn't think about going to the store and see if I can get a replacement for -whatever died. Car is maybe 6 months old. I connected servo from mini b to different reciever and its working fine, so it was either esc or tx, went to the hobbytown and bought 6000kv motor/esc thing.
Now the funny thing is that car has nerver been run outside, it was only used for some living room shenanigans, so that was a bummer, car was super fun even with stock brushed motor.

If someone needs stock motor, radio and broken esc, just pay for the ride and you can have it.
Old 01-10-2022, 11:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

rippen likes this.
Old 01-10-2022, 11:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thought I'd post my dirt setup.

Hobbywing 10BL60
Turnigy Trackstar Sensored Motor
Savox SH-0265 with the servo mounts from AJC Mods
Slipper Eliminator (requires a Losi 8ight Spur & 48p pinion) and 12mm wheel adapters from Eagles View Aerial
Sandwiched a second chassis against the other for more weight
MIP Ball Diff
WLToys Wheels/Tires
Silver Springs in the rear

Forget trying to cram the body onto the post with all this 1/10 stuff, I just use a wood screw through the rear shock tower that's secured by a body clip.

I've ran like 12 packs so far with the Slipper Eliminator & Ball Diff with no issues, works great.

I also tried the YZX 12mm hex adapters, the E.V.A. adapters give a ~2mm wider track width.

I tried LC Racing LC12B1 Wheels/Tires, the WLToys hook up better in the dirt, give 1mm less track width than the LC wheels and are larger in diameter.

Footage of a couple laps on a 1/10 track
DARKWAV likes this.
Old 01-21-2022, 04:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Try the MIP ball diff out this past weekend, and it was a improvement over the open diff. The rear of the buggy seemed to be more planted in the corner and carried way more speed, also the use of Proline pyramid's and front wedge's really helped IMO
Old 01-24-2022, 05:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rippen View Post
I just got done installing a Reef's 99 micro servo, fits perfect
I'm building up a roller. I bought the Spektrum servo used in the RTR, then realized I can't use it with my transmitter/receiver because I need a digital servo (which is fine by me). There seem to be plenty of good digital servo options (Reefs, Savox), but what 25 spline servo horn are folks using with non-spectrum servos? Any experience of servo horns to use or avoid is welcome. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-24-2022, 05:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by alternatepoc View Post
I'm building up a roller. I bought the Spektrum servo used in the RTR, then realized I can't use it with my transmitter/receiver because I need a digital servo (which is fine by me). There seem to be plenty of good digital servo options (Reefs, Savox), but what 25 spline servo horn are folks using with non-spectrum servos? Any experience of servo horns to use or avoid is welcome. Thanks in advance.
I went to Reef's 99 micro and servo mount off ebay, then my local hobby store has the reef's micro 25t spline aluminum servo horn. The servo horn that comes with the RTR only fits the Savox SX107 servo along with the aluminum option one
Old 01-24-2022, 06:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Thank you for the quick reply. Did you need the new servo mounts to make the Reef's 99 micro fit, or would it fit on the stock mounts?
Old 01-25-2022, 03:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thank you for the quick reply. Did you need the new servo mounts to make the Reef's 99 micro fit, or would it fit on the stock mounts?
You have to get the mount for the Reef's 99 to fit properly, the stock mounts are way to far back
Old 01-25-2022, 05:18 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

TDK EcoPower 827 servo is digital and use's the 21t spline alum servo horn. It works great... and only $15.
Old 01-25-2022, 05:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the follow-up and the details.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.