Losi mini B 1/16th 2wd buggy >

Losi mini B 1/16th 2wd buggy

Like Tree114Likes

Losi mini B 1/16th 2wd buggy

Old 01-19-2021, 07:00 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC10Nick View Post
I don't take the FB group too seriously - too many people in that group seem to think the only way to have fun with these minis is to stuff a 10,000kv 3s BL setup in them and they hassle people who post anything else.
And then post pictures of destroying tires.

Thereís a second Facebook group that strictly for racing either the MiniT or MiniB. Itís a nice change from the other group.

I finally got to see the MiniB over the weekend. Smaller then I was expecting. I didnít have my MiniT to compare size.
Old 01-19-2021, 08:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi All - If you plan to race at the Mini Nationals at R/C Madness please take this quick poll -
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5640...6612735191181/
Old 01-19-2021, 09:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Just ordered a Mini-B yesterday. Can't wait to get it in and drive it. I'm curious about the quality of the radio system. Appears it's a "Horizon" brand and not "Spektrum" as I would have assumed. Wondering if it still is interference free?

Sucks the RX/ESC is in one, I have a HobbyKing 2.4 FHSS radio system collecting dust that I'd love to put in it.
Old 01-19-2021, 10:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
And then post pictures of destroying tires.

Thereís a second Facebook group that strictly for racing either the MiniT or MiniB. Itís a nice change from the other group.

I finally got to see the MiniB over the weekend. Smaller then I was expecting. I didnít have my MiniT to compare size.
The "racers only" group is mine - I needed somewhere to get away from the bashers and their basher questions 🥺😱

Glad you like the group!
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 01-19-2021, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

I don't take the FB group too seriously - too many people in that group seem to think the only way to have fun with these minis is to stuff a 10,000kv 3s BL setup in them and they hassle people who post anything else.
100% this
Old 01-19-2021, 10:58 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by c0sie View Post
The "racers only" group is mine - I needed somewhere to get away from the bashers and their basher questions 🥺😱

Glad you like the group!
Itís a good change of pace from the other group. After seeing one post about running a 6s system in a MiniT. And just bragging about how crashing, breaking and buying more was his thing. Iíd really lost interest in that group.

Unfortunately, I see my time with this scale being more hone use then racing. Still hope to at some point. Just not sure when anymore
Old 01-19-2021, 11:35 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry for the rant and thank you for the education, I'll stop lurking.

I ordered a servo, some spacers, and the HPI micro horns with the hopes of finding a good drop in replacement servo. Once everything comes in, I will post pics if everything works the way I'm hoping.
Old 01-20-2021, 11:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Hot Racing motor mount problem!

I installed the Hot Racing motor mount and the Dynamite 6500KV ESC combo. I tested it out before the motor mount exchange and it worked fine. When I installed the HR mount, it caused binding somewhere on the drive shaft and slipper clutch assembly. It caused it to have a hard brake when you let off the throttle. I re-installed the stock plate and it drives perfectly. So, either its slightly too thick (doesn't appear so) or the shaft hole is too small (doesn't appear that either).....but something is "off". Anyone have this plate installed and NOT have this problem???
Old 02-09-2021, 12:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default ​​​​​​​MIP ball diff is out

https://www.miponline.com/20090-mip-...20-series.html

MIP ball diff is out.
Old 02-09-2021, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I hope all of the interest in aftermarket upgrades will convince Losi that there is a viable market for a kit version without electronics that includes all of their upgrades and a ball diff. Kind of like the Elite kit is in 10th scale. Some have replied in the past that there wouldn't be enough profit with this being a niche market vehicle. I would respond by saying never before has there been circumstances that we find ourselves in where people want recreational activities at home. These are perfect size for backyard tracks. How many of you would pay $250 or more for such a kit if it came with all of the upgrades that we currently have to buy separately? I'm sure some Losi employees read these forums. Let's convince them. And if they won't do it maybe AE, Xray, Kyosho or others would see an opportunity
Old 02-09-2021, 04:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Milkdudd View Post
I hope all of the interest in aftermarket upgrades will convince Losi that there is a viable market for a kit version without electronics that includes all of their upgrades and a ball diff. Kind of like the Elite kit is in 10th scale. Some have replied in the past that there wouldn't be enough profit with this being a niche market vehicle. I would respond by saying never before has there been circumstances that we find ourselves in where people want recreational activities at home. These are perfect size for backyard tracks. How many of you would pay $250 or more for such a kit if it came with all of the upgrades that we currently have to buy separately? I'm sure some Losi employees read these forums. Let's convince them. And if they won't do it maybe AE, Xray, Kyosho or others would see an opportunity
I would LOVE a 1/18 or 1/16 kit from one of the big manufacturers. I'd rather drop the price a bit and buy it without electronics like other kits. Although I do understand some people might prefer buying everything at once. I've only been in the hobby for a little over a year but I got addicted big time real fast. In the past year, I've purchased 15 RC's for myself and/or my kids (I sold 6 and gave away 2). In that time, I've come to the realization that I like to build just as much as I like to drive. So I really prefer kits to RTR's, and now I pretty much only buy kits or used/broken RTR's that I can build up. In fact the only two RTR's I bought in the last 9 months are the Mini T 2.0 and the Mini B.

But to your point, yes Losi, please make this happen.
Raguvian and 808DA6 like this.
Old 02-10-2021, 05:26 AM
Tech Master

$250 for a 1/16 kit is absurd considering you can buy a 1/14 EMB1 kit for $175 and that is a quality car. Nobody would buy that.

The only things that would be nice to have over the stock kit would be the aluminum shocks and the ball diff which I think you could easily swap out for the electronics and still hit a $150 price point. Everything else people spend money on comes from other manufacturers that losi wouldn't include in a kit.

Personally while I like driving minis, I HATE working on them. Everything is so darn small and fiddly. Anything I do on a mini is at least twice as frustrating as a normal car. I couldn't imagine building a kit. ugh...
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 02-10-2021, 06:46 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Milkdudd View Post
I still donít see the other brands jumping in. Associated has its 18th scale, but keeps discontinuing them after a year or so. Plus itís 4wheel drive.

what works is having them at a low price. Family can buy 4 for $600. A kit at $250 would have a very limited market. By the numbers on LiveRC for active racing. Tracks are reopening and running. Numbers are down by around 3,000 a week, but been moving upwards. There would need to be far more demand for them to consider a kit.

Thereís not enough people here to get Horizon attention. The Facebook group worked to get the arm issue fixed early on. And that was basically one Horizon employee that saw the posts and reacted.
Milkdudd and gnfam like this.
Old 02-10-2021, 12:01 PM
Tech Adept

Personally while I like driving minis, I HATE working on them. Everything is so darn small and fiddly. Anything I do on a mini is at least twice as frustrating as a normal car. I couldn't imagine building a kit. ugh...
I guess I feel that. I think I just got used to it. And after building and working on my little 1/24 Carisma gt24b, the Losi minis feel big.
rippen, Billy Kelly and Milkdudd like this.
Old 02-11-2021, 07:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by c0sie View Post

Glad you like the group!
I appreciate you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.