Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
Losi mini B 1/16th 2wd buggy >

Losi mini B 1/16th 2wd buggy

Like Tree48Likes

Losi mini B 1/16th 2wd buggy

Old 01-10-2021, 02:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What kind of battery options are there? Are we stuck with the Dynamite 650 and 800 ones? Can't see to find any other that might fit.
Old 01-10-2021, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GSRrR View Post
What kind of battery options are there? Are we stuck with the Dynamite 650 and 800 ones? Can't see to find any other that might fit.
Iíve got some Tattu 3S750mah packs on the way since I prefer a lower kv motor on more voltage, and they are 95C so should have low IR.
Old 01-10-2021, 05:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 305997 View Post
Iíve got some Tattu 3S750mah packs on the way since I prefer a lower kv motor on more voltage, and they are 95C so should have low IR.
Thanks, saw those but sadly my esc can only handle 2s.
Old 01-10-2021, 07:48 PM
Tech Initiate

I am running on carpet inside my Apartment (I would consider it comparable to RCP traction wise) and using the stock brushed motor. This is how I have my B setup.

3x6x2.5 bearings in bellcranks
x1 .13mm spacer on each side of bellcrank arm
Zip tie on servo saver

Front Suspension

0 Toe
-1.5 Camber
Ride Height slightly raked

Shocks
27.5 AE Shock Oil
2 Hole Piston
x2 2x2mm o-rings
Gold Spring
Inside hole on tower/Outside hole on arm

Camber link ball inside hole

Spacer Locations
x1 .13mm spacer inner front a-arm
x1 .25mm spacer inner rear a-arm
x1 .13mm spacer outer rear a-arm
x1 .25mm spacer bottom of spindle
x1 .13mm spacer top of spindle
x1 .50mm spacer between shock and nut

Rear Suspension

-1.5 Camber
Reversed A-arms (adds 1/8" to wheelbase)
A-arms slightly below level

Shocks
27.5 AE Shock Oil
2 Hole Piston
x3 2x2 mm o-rings
Black Spring
Inside hole on tower/Outside hole on arm
Shocks mounted on inside of tower/a-arm

Camber link ball outside hole

Spacer Locations
x1 .13mm spacer inner rear a-arm
x1 .50mm spacer between shock and nut
x1 .50mm spacer between shock and a-arm

Last edited by _e_w_; 01-11-2021 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-13-2021, 12:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi all,
My first Losi was a Mini T back 16 years ago, could not resist to the new release, then 1 Mini T & 1 Mini B in 2 weeks

Some questions I need answers to:
1/ Is the Mini T ball diff a drop in replacement for the original gear diff?
2/ Is there any lower cost alternative to the original tires. I run on asphalt mainly, and stock carpet tires are already out after 120 min of uses
Old 01-14-2021, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have a rig I can use to test/measure the spring rate for shock springs. It is a bit crude, but it works well enough for my needs. I tested the 1st gen springs and the new 2.0 generation springs - here are my results (values are in lbs/in):
Code:
Testing Shock Springs - Summary                    
Front:            Rear:        
    Pink    0.79        Silver 2.0  0.70
    Silver    0.82        Silver 1.0  0.83
    Black    1.26        Black        1.32
    Red    1.28        Green        1.55
    Orange    1.91        Blue        1.71
    Copper    2.13        Copper        2.02
Old Yesterday, 08:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by tfrahm View Post
I have a rig I can use to test/measure the spring rate for shock springs. It is a bit crude, but it works well enough for my needs. I tested the 1st gen springs and the new 2.0 generation springs - here are my results (values are in lbs/in):
Code:
Testing Shock Springs - Summary
Front: Rear:
Pink 0.79 Silver 2.0 0.70
Silver 0.82 Silver 1.0 0.83
Black 1.26 Black 1.32
Red 1.28 Green 1.55
Orange 1.91 Blue 1.71
Copper 2.13 Copper 2.02
Nice, I'm going to assume that the reason why the newer springs are stiffer is due to the 2.0 being a little heavier than the 1.0. Do the old springs fit on the new shock bodies? Are the new springs you tested the springs for the B or T? The B springs are shorter than the T's, so spring rates may be different.

When we raced the 1.0 T we used AE 18T springs, they seemed to work better than the Losi springs.
Old Yesterday, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by _e_w_ View Post
Nice, I'm going to assume that the reason why the newer springs are stiffer is due to the 2.0 being a little heavier than the 1.0. Do the old springs fit on the new shock bodies? Are the new springs you tested the springs for the B or T? The B springs are shorter than the T's, so spring rates may be different.

When we raced the 1.0 T we used AE 18T springs, they seemed to work better than the Losi springs.
The Gen 1 springs I tested were new old stock - the new springs were technically for the "T" 2.0 since I was trying to compare apples to apples. The Gen 1 springs are about .2" longer than the 2.0 springs. Other than the small difference in length, the springs all seem interchangable, and it is interesting that the "soft", "medium", and "firm" springs seem very close from 1.0 to 2.0 rates.

There is, of necessity, some variance in the ratings since my rig requires me to measure everything manually - I measure the unloaded length of each spring, then I put around 12 oz of weight on it and I measure again. The difference in length for the known weight allows me to then calc the spring rate, but as I said it is all manually measured...
_e_w_ likes this.
Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by tfrahm View Post
The Gen 1 springs I tested were new old stock - the new springs were technically for the "T" 2.0 since I was trying to compare apples to apples. The Gen 1 springs are about .2" longer than the 2.0 springs. Other than the small difference in length, the springs all seem interchangable, and it is interesting that the "soft", "medium", and "firm" springs seem very close from 1.0 to 2.0 rates.

There is, of necessity, some variance in the ratings since my rig requires me to measure everything manually - I measure the unloaded length of each spring, then I put around 12 oz of weight on it and I measure again. The difference in length for the known weight allows me to then calc the spring rate, but as I said it is all manually measured...
Awesome, great info, thank you.

For those of you that are having trouble with the stock servo, you may be able to fix it yourself. I have had my servo go dead and get stuck a few times and have been able to bring it back to life. Remove the servo from the chassis, remove the 4 screws on the bottom of the servo, carefully pull apart, and realign the gears, you should be able to do this by pressing down on them, reassemble. This has worked every time for me so far.

I think I may have been given bad info regarding the re-release of the MIP diff and my diff case is leaking grease, I'm down to a 15t pinion and my motor is still running hot, so I need to rebuild sooner than later. Does anyone know of any grease that is heavier than AE black grease, I've seen Bad Horsie's, but it may be a little too thick.

Last edited by _e_w_; Yesterday at 11:26 PM.