Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By eR1c

Carisma GT24B

Old 07-08-2020, 02:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Carisma GT24B

Howdy!

Bought a used Carisma buggy and it is a shitload of fun! However, now the steering just stopped working suddenly. The gyro is not responding on steering, but throttle works perfect from the transmitter.

Anyone have an idea what is wrong?

Cheers!

//D
Old 07-11-2020, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have 3 of the GT24b's ...congrats on your purchase.
Uh, the steering is totally out?
--
Sounds dumb, but have you checked the controller, there is a dial that allows you to adjust the steering end points. I have accidentally moved that dial while picking up my controller only to discover the steering is very minimal. Check that dial ...it should ideally be all the way to one end for max steering (can't recall if its all the way to the left or right), but I think the "right".

Other thing to check if it is not the controller steering end point dial, is the connection from your servo to the receiver unit. Check the 2 wires running from the servo to the receiver (you'll have to unscrew the top portion of the chassis).

Last thing that comes to mind and I've had this happen too, is the steering track ...there is a flat piece of plastic that connects both the steering links. I've had the servo fall of the "track" ..the 2 pieces of plastic that connect that flat piece of plastic to the servo ...if so you won't get steering. But you will hear the servo moving (unless it is locked or caught on something). I'd say, do you hear the servo trying to move or making any kind of electronic noise when you turn the steering on the controller?

Worst case, the servo is dead, but I've never heard of that happening, ..good news is they are only about $5 for a new servo (I have a few in the package still new). -contact me if you can't find one online. Other worst case is an issue w/ the receiver/esc unit. ..but that can be replaced too, not sure how much it costs offhand, prob more in the $30 range.

Try recharging the battery and reinstalling, make sure your controller batteries are good as well as the car's.. just to rule out bad batteries.

Let us know,
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 09-04-2020, 09:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Theres a new version out at there website.