Like Tree323Likes

Mini-t 2.0!!!

Old 11-12-2019, 02:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We'll see. I wouldn't complain, but also the Mini-T was released when minis were more popular than they are now, so there was more interest in tuning them, thus also more manufacturer support for minis in general. Losi might jumpstart the next wave of RC hobbyists taking minis seriously, or they might not. No way to tell.

It does look like a nice little truck, all complaints aside. I keep thinking about getting a 1/10-scale TLR, but my RC shelf is already full and I don't want to get rid of any of the RCs I have right now.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
We'll see. I wouldn't complain, but also the Mini-T was released when minis were more popular than they are now, so there was more interest in tuning them, thus also more manufacturer support for minis in general. Losi might jumpstart the next wave of RC hobbyists taking minis seriously, or they might not. No way to tell.

It does look like a nice little truck, all complaints aside. I keep thinking about getting a 1/10-scale TLR, but my RC shelf is already full and I don't want to get rid of any of the RCs I have right now.
I can certainly imagine a scenario where this provides a new track opportunity for smaller areas and lower cost footprint for struggling tracks but still allows for some fun racing? Of course this would all have to be supported by the hobby and upgrades to get the performance aspect into the class.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:55 AM
Erc
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Has anyone considered a brushed replacement motor to swap out for the stock setup? I know they're offering the brushless drop in for $70, but I wanted to see if anyone would have bigger brushed motors in mind to change out to. I remember way back when I changed out to a (now defunct) Krystal K3 motor since at the time it seemed like any brushless options just made the car unwieldy. Or, is brushed not even worth looking into at this point.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Erc View Post
Has anyone considered a brushed replacement motor to swap out for the stock setup? I know they're offering the brushless drop in for $70, but I wanted to see if anyone would have bigger brushed motors in mind to change out to. I remember way back when I changed out to a (now defunct) Krystal K3 motor since at the time it seemed like any brushless options just made the car unwieldy. Or, is brushed not even worth looking into at this point.
With my old 1.0 Mini-T, I had changed out to a stronger brushed motor for a while. I think it was a Fireball. It's now brushless and quite a handful. I need to update the tires for it as I definitely don't have enough tire for it currently but it's just been a low priority. There weren't a lot of options for brushless I was finding for Mini's and most of the options to your point, were a little overboard. I think those probably work better for the on-road Mini's.

Old 11-12-2019, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I had the trinity mini monster in mine with a novak spy speedo. Once I slotted the brushes it was definitely faster than stock, but couldn't hold a candle to a brushless system. Turning down the throttle endpoint is free after all.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I preordered mine today. As soon as I saw it I knew I'd have to have one even if my OG Mini-Baja sits.
Old 11-13-2019, 12:18 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 291 (100%+)

personally, still would think a stock spec class of these could be fun, run it as-is including transmitter out of the box, no changes. Also have several on hand for rentals.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

the carisma never worked properly. Bought 2 of them. Built one. Went through about 20 different batteries from amazon, carisma directly, a main, and hobbypartz and none would last longer than 30 seconds before voltage went too low. Tried the electronics from the second one and same problem so I gave up.

sorry to hear that and really surprised as I own 3 Carisma buggies and they all work great. My experience has been top notch, Carisma makes top quality products in my opinion so this is shocking to hear.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

..the Mini-T, we have an indoor carpet track opening, thinking this will be fun for some on-road laps AND if they create a class well that would just be a bonus.
Old 11-13-2019, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eR1c View Post
sorry to hear that and really surprised as I own 3 Carisma buggies and they all work great. My experience has been top notch, Carisma makes top quality products in my opinion so this is shocking to hear.
interested in buying 2 more?
Old 11-16-2019, 10:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Nice to see they put in a servo saver. It looks like the servo is angled to let the servo saver fit. I've been out of the hobby for a while.. is that a normal design?
Old 11-16-2019, 05:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ordered mini. Couldn’t help it. Already looking at the aluminum hop ups. Takes me back to 2007 when I was totally into these and the RC18. They were so much fun. Looking forward to doing it again!
ttppll likes this.
Old 11-16-2019, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The nostalgia sales on this should be strong! Which means good aftermarket again! Would love to see a spec, for-fun class pop up at the local track, even just made out of cones!
ttppll likes this.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:26 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the_real_hova View Post
The nostalgia sales on this should be strong! Which means good aftermarket again! Would love to see a spec, for-fun class pop up at the local track, even just made out of cones!
Not sure about aftermarket yet. Since Losi already has upgrades ready.
Old 11-17-2019, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Saw one today... Looks amazing, except for.... The tiny transmitter!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.