Like Tree173Likes

Mini-t 2.0!!!

Old 06-17-2020, 11:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gnfam View Post
It's definitely the 4wd handling that my son prefers. I've upgraded the mini t to brushless so speed isn't the issue. And yeah, I'm waiting for those proline holeshots. Anyone have any idea when they'll be released?
nothing on their site. You can get on the notification list.

https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/...-2.0-tires.asp
eR1c and gnfam like this.
Old 06-17-2020, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My kids started w/ hobby grade RC vehicles when they were each about 4 or 5 years old. To be honest the only vehicles that stood up to their abuse from about age 4 through 10 was my Axial SCX10 Crawler/Scale Truck. It's slow and meant to take abuse.

gnfam likes this.
Old 06-17-2020, 04:18 PM
Tech Lord

I started my bosses grandkids on my Summit. They were 3 1/2.
eR1c and gnfam like this.
Old 06-18-2020, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

working on my indoor garage track, ...going to work on extending to the other 1/2 of the garage to double the track size. It is really meant for 1/24th scale (Carisma and Kyosho buggies), yet the 1/18th Mini T works great on the track. Will be better once it is larger. The grip w/ the stock tires on carpet is amazing. ...Hoping Losi re-releases the Micro T next!!

Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 06-19-2020, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

I started my bosses grandkids on my Summit. They were 3 1/2.
Forgot about the Summit, Traxxas's are pretty good cars. I personally have had an aversion to them (They seem to plastic-y to me) ...But I did get my son a Traxxas Slash (Ford Raptor version) and I have to say it is a simple design that works well and is hard to break. He and I have been racing at a local dirt track to blow off steam every other day. He's 14 and its been great to have a track to go to and bond w/ each other.
Old 06-19-2020, 09:05 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by eR1c View Post
Forgot about the Summit, Traxxas's are pretty good cars. I personally have had an aversion to them (They seem to plastic-y to me) ...But I did get my son a Traxxas Slash (Ford Raptor version) and I have to say it is a simple design that works well and is hard to break. He and I have been racing at a local dirt track to blow off steam every other day. He's 14 and its been great to have a track to go to and bond w/ each other.
Oh they are definitely plastic compared to my race stuff. But plastic flexes. Iíve not broken a plastic part that wasnít my fault. We remember the breaks. Not the 100x it didnt. Now stripping diff gears. Thatís something I wish they would improve.

Summit is kinda in its own class. There not anything quite like it. Itís size makes it easy to drive. Itís not fast, not meant to be. I did the dual brushed motors. Itís pulled me around.
eR1c likes this.
Old 06-19-2020, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Oh they are definitely plastic compared to my race stuff. But plastic flexes.
True! -it's why even for racing I don't use aluminum on parts that can take a hit (like hub carriers and steering arms).
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 06-28-2020, 05:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Opened up the shocks and discovered that they were almost completely empty from the factory (the shocks open from the bottom which makes it tricky getting rid of air bubbles after refilling; don't over tighten them or else the bottom cap will misalign itself). Put Team Associated 30wt oil and the suspension feels so much better now.

What springs and oil do you guys use for on-track (jumps, etc)?
Old 06-29-2020, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Opened up the shocks and discovered that they were almost completely empty from the factory (the shocks open from the bottom which makes it tricky getting rid of air bubbles after refilling; don't over tighten them or else the bottom cap will misalign itself). Put Team Associated 30wt oil and the suspension feels so much better now.

What springs and oil do you guys use for on-track (jumps, etc)?
LOL, I had the same experience.
One of my rear shocks was empty and thus my car was bottoming out on even small jumps. I then discovered the shocks have a unique design which I personally find annoying.
But to answer your question, I went w/ 35wt oil all around. It did the trick! I also adjusted the collars so they are about mid way along the shock body. My buggy sits a tad higher but it no longer bottoms out and hasn't flipped either (so the higher COG hasn't effected the handling at least for bashing).

I love this little car though, been driving it on my indoor carpet track and at the skate park!
AndreyR likes this.
Old 06-29-2020, 03:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for advice eR1c! Yeah, I absolutely love my mini-t too - I drive it mostly outside on the asphalt (used chalk to draw an on-road course) so the tires are slicks now I also built some ramps out of cardboard and the car jumps great!
eR1c likes this.
Old 07-05-2020, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Greetings all. I just found out about this little truck a day or two ago and I'm pretty sure I would like to get one. Thing is I'm not in any hurry so I'm hoping they will come up with an upgraded version. Maybe they call it the elite like the other models. I'd be fine with a kit that didn't come with any electronics. I do realize that RTR is the main market they're serving. If they didn't want to do a kit I'd be fine with an RTR that comes brushless with aluminum shocks and off road tires. Has anyone heard if there will be a model like this on the way? Or those of you die hard Losi guys does that fit with their normal way of doing things? Had I known about these at the time I would have tried to get that 40th anniversary truck. If they don't have something like that by the time I'm ready to get one I would just build one myself by modifying the current setup. Thanks
Old 07-05-2020, 12:29 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Milkdudd View Post
Greetings all. I just found out about this little truck a day or two ago and I'm pretty sure I would like to get one. Thing is I'm not in any hurry so I'm hoping they will come up with an upgraded version. Maybe they call it the elite like the other models. I'd be fine with a kit that didn't come with any electronics. I do realize that RTR is the main market they're serving. If they didn't want to do a kit I'd be fine with an RTR that comes brushless with aluminum shocks and off road tires. Has anyone heard if there will be a model like this on the way? Or those of you die hard Losi guys does that fit with their normal way of doing things? Had I known about these at the time I would have tried to get that 40th anniversary truck. If they don't have something like that by the time I'm ready to get one I would just build one myself by modifying the current setup. Thanks
When it first came out. I expected a brushless RTR to follow up within 6 moths or so. I didnít expect the 40th anniversary edition. I do still have a slight expectation for a brushless RTR. But Iím not as sure as I once was.

As for a kit version. I donít think so. The original was before my time in the hobby. But back then kits were far more popular. The good side, the brushed are back in stock. Not selling as fast as they did back in December, but Iím watching the stores stock drop each of the past 3 weeks.

Most have been just buying the brushed and converting to brushless. Losi has a 2n1 brushless motor/esc combo that was used in the 40th anniversary edition.
eR1c likes this.
Old 07-05-2020, 09:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Had I known about these at the time I would have tried to get that 40th anniversary truck. If they don't have something like that by the time I'm ready to get one I would just build one myself by modifying the current setup. Thanks
If you have a local HobbyTown, you could see if they have any in stock. My local one still has two in stock and when I went to another one they still had one 40th Anniversary left.
eR1c and Milkdudd like this.
Old Today, 11:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigWonton View Post
If you have a local HobbyTown, you could see if they have any in stock. My local one still has two in stock and when I went to another one they still had one 40th Anniversary left.
I have contacted my local HobbyTown and they don't have any. Can you tell me what city you are in and I could try to contact them directly. Thanks
Old Today, 12:24 PM
Tech Rookie

I have contacted my local HobbyTown and they don't have any. Can you tell me what city you are in and I could try to contact them directly. Thanks
Mentor has two
Cincinnati has one

Good luck!

HobbyTown Mentor (Cleveland Metro)
7900 Plaza Blvd Ste 102
Mentor, OH 44060-5521
(440) 974-2116

HobbyTown Cincinnati
9120 Union Cemetery Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45249-2006
(513) 697-8224
Milkdudd likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.