Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree329Likes

Mini-t 2.0!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 05:46 PM
Tech Rookie

The steering slop bothers me alot. I definitely have to put a ziptie around the servo saver to get rid of some of it. Honestly might replace the servo in the short future.
Old 06-09-2020, 06:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Just ordered the white dish wheels for my 2.0. Plans are a white body with carbon fiber wing and white wheels. Should look nice. Definitely gonna try to get some of the foams from Paul, hopefully red.
Cool picture I took earlier of some stuff on the bench.

eR1c and Billy Kelly like this.
Old 06-09-2020, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I wished they had made more than 2,000 of the "limited edition" versions ...for $250 I would have purchased one.
Maybe Losi will come out w/ a few more special edition versions? "Stealth Black" w/ CF trim would be my choice.
mini-dub likes this.
Old 06-09-2020, 06:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eR1c
I wished they had made more than 2,000 of the "limited edition" versions ...for $250 I would have purchased one.
Maybe Losi will come out w/ a few more special edition versions? "Stealth Black" w/ CF trim would be my choice.
I’m still expecting a brushless RTR at some point. With these it’s more what Horizon wants them Losi.
eR1c likes this.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeabajuice
The steering slop bothers me alot. I definitely have to put a ziptie around the servo saver to get rid of some of it. Honestly might replace the servo in the short future.
Yeah it's pretty damn sloppy. I ordered the aluminum steering rack to see if that helps take up some of it (obviously wont affect the sloppy servo saver). I'll see if the zip tie can help remove a little bit of the play. I ordered a Xray servo saver from RC America from their 1/18 onroad car days, curious to see if I can fit that into the truck. Would be nice to swap the servo for something like a Hitec HS-5065mg, too.
Jeabajuice likes this.
Old 06-09-2020, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I was hoping that the aluminum would at least be smoother, -if they are I can not tell a difference. I built the aluminum ones and seriously compressed both the aluminum and plastic in my hands and could not tell a difference at all. The plastic's are fine in my opinion (w/ the exception of the backwards design). The aluminum are just for bling as far as I am concerned. I put them on my mini-t 2, yet to be honest the solid black plastic ones look just as sick ...I kind of even like the solid black a bit better. I have my oil filled TE 18R "factory team" shocks which I pulled out, they are much much nicer than the aluminum Losi ones. In fact they are about the same size and could probably be modded to work ...something I may consider at some point.

I spent $50 for the full set of aluminum shocks, to be honest the $50 could have been spent on an upgraded esc/motor combo ...that would have provided a much better performance increase for the money.
Yeah, for sure, $50 toward an upgrade esc/motor is definitely a more noticeable hop-up! I decided to wait on the aluminum shocks until someone else decides to make some proper top-filled shocks for the mini-t 2.0. I can build the inverted shocks pretty well but I hate doing it so much it makes me not want the bling option yet

GPM makes some nice looking aluminum shocks for the original mini-t that you can find on ebay, but I don't think they'll be a perfect/direct drop-in to the 2.0.
eR1c likes this.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah it's pretty damn sloppy. I ordered the aluminum steering rack to see if that helps take up some of it (obviously wont affect the sloppy servo saver). I'll see if the zip tie can help remove a little bit of the play. I ordered a Xray servo saver from RC America from their 1/18 onroad car days, curious to see if I can fit that into the truck. Would be nice to swap the servo for something like a Hitec HS-5065mg, too.
I have a few Xray M18's ...I'll have to see if the parts are a direct fit for the steering.
---
I am sure this has been posted, yet I am not finding it, can someone explain the zip tie method? Does it just go around the the round portion of the servo saver? -just zip it as tight as you can?
--
I plan to get my Mini T out to the skatepark today ..test out the aluminum shocks. I put 37.5wt oil in all 4 shocks, and set spring collars about 1/2 way down the shock ...raised my COG, but should prevent it bottoming out on the high jumps at the skatepark. Fortunately I put a chassis protector on the bottom to keep the chassis scratch free. I'll have to post a photo, I used one of the large universal chassis protectors from Pro-Line, ...for $9.99 you get 2 large protectors which can make about 4 for the smaller Mini T.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mini-dub
Definitely let us know if the aluminum steering rack helps at all!
eR1c likes this.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:20 AM
Tech Rookie

eR1c You don't want to tighten it too much because you want to leave some expansion in the servo saver.
eR1c likes this.
Old 06-10-2020, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

thanks Jeabajuice, ...going to experiment w/ it today.
Jeabajuice likes this.
Old 06-10-2020, 11:54 AM
Tech Prophet

eR1c, Rodarbal, Jeabajuice and 2 others like this.
Old 06-10-2020, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Billy!
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 06-10-2020, 05:31 PM
Tech Prophet

Thanks Billy!
It’s not crazy tight. Just snugged. I’ve seen some pictures using 2 Ziptie
eR1c likes this.
Old 06-11-2020, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quick question - does anyone make any hardened slipper gear for this? Like MIP's offerings with the first version?

Also, I have M-chassis wheels mounted now. I had to get the dromida hex adapters and I had to shave the plastic hexes on the rear axle (front ones are steel) down from 7mm to 6mm. Now I can run street slicks (and probably foams) all day.
Old 06-12-2020, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Quick question - does anyone make any hardened slipper gear for this? Like MIP's offerings with the first version?
Have you seen this?
Slipper Plates

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.