GL Racing GLF F1 Chassis >

GL Racing GLF F1 Chassis

Like Tree267Likes

GL Racing GLF F1 Chassis

Old 05-14-2020, 07:00 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vintagedriver View Post
Are you having issues with the radio or receiver? Iím using the Futaba compatible micro receiver and it has been less than reliable. Some days itís perfectly fine, others itís a royal PIA! Reading many micro/mini threads here, I concluded it must be a lousy product as there are many reports of issues with this receiver. However, my son is using the same receiver and his works perfectly. Not one single glitch. We both use 4PX Ďs. Iím thinking now it may be a QC issue. Iím going to see if GL will replace mine. Meanwhile Iíve purchased another micro for my GLR. Iíve been using a genuine Futaba standard receiver but will test my second micro in that car soon.
Havenít had the signal loss since January. Never at home. Just find the controller a pain. Thereís too many ways to make a single adjustment. Itís always felt twichy.

The problem now is I canít tell if the car has an issue, I think it does. Or if the bad driving is caused by the controller.

I knew the mini96 sized track was gonna be a challenge for it. But itís almost 2 seconds slower then every other car I run on it.

I got off to a bad start with Futaba. It took a month of trying to get a 1/10 receiver to bind. Got 4 others still canít.

Old 05-28-2020, 12:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hi folks! anyonw know hwat happeend to GL F1 from Facebook? Page and the user have vanished it seems. I placed an order with them about a month ago, and items havent arrived yet but it's not suprising. Just curious if anyone know what happened? I've got my radio, just waiting for receiver and motor to get here then im good to start firing up my baby!
Unfortunately i had a bit of an accident a few weeks ago and i can no longer bend down so will be fun when i can evnetually get the thing running... hopefully i don't need to marshal myself too much
Old 05-28-2020, 04:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by LordAnubis View Post
Hi folks! anyonw know hwat happeend to GL F1 from Facebook? Page and the user have vanished it seems. I placed an order with them about a month ago, and items havent arrived yet but it's not suprising. Just curious if anyone know what happened? I've got my radio, just waiting for receiver and motor to get here then im good to start firing up my baby!
Unfortunately i had a bit of an accident a few weeks ago and i can no longer bend down so will be fun when i can evnetually get the thing running... hopefully i don't need to marshal myself too much
GL Facebook works great:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1506131262862124/

Not sure why you can't see it.

If you bought over from HK and choose anything different than Fedex or DHL, get ready to wait...

marshal should not be that much.. just start slowly ;-).
Old 06-13-2020, 06:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Itís aliiiiiive. Got my parts. The Facebook seller came through. All installed and itís faster than I thought it would be! My 3x4m lounge room is too small for this beast! Itís great fun though!!!
Old 06-13-2020, 04:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by LordAnubis View Post
Itís aliiiiiive. Got my parts. The Facebook seller came through. All installed and itís faster than I thought it would be! My 3x4m lounge room is too small for this beast! Itís great fun though!!!
i suggest you to run 2,500 KV on it with 14 pinion (if i remember correctly), the car fly and has great handling

enjoy
NutDriver likes this.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:04 PM
Tech Lord

I’d hoped going with the 14mm rear tire would show some improvement. But so far no. I’m sure the humidity isn’t helping. But I’ve reached the end of my patience with the 4PL. No setting adjustments help. It either has too much steering and drives like a hammerhead shark. Or not enuff to make the turns. It’s now been 3 months since I’ve been able to actually drive it. And unfortunately, i still have no idea of when we might start back.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:34 AM
Tech Lord

Old 10-26-2020, 05:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Transponder

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post

Iíd hoped going with the 14mm rear tire would show some improvement. But so far no. Iím sure the humidity isnít helping. But Iíve reached the end of my patience with the 4PL. No setting adjustments help. It either has too much steering and drives like a hammerhead shark. Or not enuff to make the turns. Itís now been 3 months since Iíve been able to actually drive it. And unfortunately, i still have no idea of when we might start back.
ok where the hell are you guys mounting the transponder??? I found this pic, Did you just cut your body Billy? Iím within inches of sticking the gd thing to my rear wing!!!
Old 10-26-2020, 06:32 PM
Tech Lord

ok where the hell are you guys mounting the transponder??? I found this pic, Did you just cut your body Billy? Iím within inches of sticking the gd thing to my rear wing!!!

Ez laps transponder fits perfectly here. Iíve had to trim the back of my body few times. I have a feeling when we do finally get the class going. We will be running the prototype LMP body.
Old 10-26-2020, 08:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

My solution 😂
Old 10-26-2020, 08:16 PM
Tech Lord

My solution 😂
Might work. I know a few have theirs in same spot as mine.
Old 10-30-2020, 12:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I removed the driver and halo, stick it under there.
EMU and Billy Kelly like this.