Originally Posted by Vintagedriver View Post
that appears to be the stock esc. Trying to mount the sensored
yeah. Missed the sensored part.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
yeah. Missed the sensored part.
No problem. After 45 minutes of trying to put a square peg in a round hole I gave up and put the stock speedo back in. Iíll try the sensored setup in my GLR. Bums me out, the GLF is so sensitive to throttle input I was curious how the sensored system would feel in that car.
FYI, MRCS has 2500KV sensored motors available.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:43 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

No problem. After 45 minutes of trying to put a square peg in a round hole I gave up and put the stock speedo back in. Iíll try the sensored setup in my GLR. Bums me out, the GLF is so sensitive to throttle input I was curious how the sensored system would feel in that car.
FYI, MRCS has 2500KV sensored motors available.
I considering trying a 2500. My race host were expecting there delivery of stuff right after the last race.

I donít know if any of the others run sensored in their F1.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:44 AM
Tech Prophet

Pinion finds all the track debris. No other car I run does this.
Old 05-06-2020, 10:11 AM
Tech Addict

Figured it out! The GL sensored esc is much smaller than stock. I was able to remove the electronics plate and mounted the esc and receiver directly to the chassis. No interference with side links. Getting ready to calibrate and give it a go!
NutDriver and tomthegeek like this.
Old 05-06-2020, 01:12 PM
Tech Addict

Routing the sensor cable was challenging. Battery plug is not built into the speedo which kinda sucks. Both manageable. Feels very smooth. Waiting for the program box to dial it in. Not sure if this one can be programmed without it. Tried all my Hobbywing boxes and my WiFi module but no luck. 😭
lore likes this.
Old 05-06-2020, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

Routing the sensor cable was challenging. Battery plug is not built into the speedo which kinda sucks. Both manageable. Feels very smooth. Waiting for the program box to dial it in. Not sure if this one can be programmed without it. Tried all my Hobbywing boxes and my WiFi module but no luck. 😭
Hi, It cannot program without but the standard program is a good starting point.

I would turn motor with the board facing the diff for body clearance, always make sure when you swing the rear left and right that the body once install it does not touch anything or the side rod suspension will not work properly.

nice fitment of the esc.
Old 05-06-2020, 05:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lore View Post
Hi, It cannot program without but the standard program is a good starting point.

I would turn motor with the board facing the diff for body clearance, always make sure when you swing the rear left and right that the body once install it does not touch anything or the side rod suspension will not work properly.

nice fitment of the esc.
Thank you sir. I opted to trim the body to fully clear the sensor board on the motor. Standard programming is fine except no reverse. My boards are round pvc, like a magnet sucking the front wing in! I also prefer to turn forward power down with the esc rather than TX epa. Assuming thatís an option with this esc...
lore likes this.
Old 05-13-2020, 09:34 AM
Tech Prophet

Gonna try something for home use. It will get a brand new set of tires shortly. Just couldn’t get the slicks I’ve been running to work at home.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:01 AM
Tech Addict

Gonna try something for home use. It will get a brand new set of tires shortly. Just couldnít get the slicks Iíve been running to work at home.
I put 14mm PN super soft radials on the back and they were magical! Paired with 23į fronts the car was fantastic. Ordered the brass chassis hoping the car will feel even better.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:09 AM
Tech Prophet

I put 14mm PN super soft radials on the back and they were magical! Paired with 23į fronts the car was fantastic. Ordered the brass chassis hoping the car will feel even better.
I know itís mostly my fault for not constantly cleaning my home track. Not one of mine can run slicks at home. Iím probably due for new tires when the group gets back together. They seemed fine at the last practice in March.

Now itís a matter of readjusting all the controller settings I made trying to get it around the track.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:02 PM
Tech Addict

I know itís mostly my fault for not constantly cleaning my home track. Not one of mine can run slicks at home. Iím probably due for new tires when the group gets back together. They seemed fine at the last practice in March.

Now itís a matter of readjusting all the controller settings I made trying to get it around the track.
Iíve been setting my track up on our deck. Between temperature fluctuation and outdoor filth itís a constant battle! Vacuum and sponge mop constantly. Also frequent tire changing as temps in Colorado fluctuate rapidly!
Old 05-13-2020, 12:15 PM
Tech Prophet

Iíve been setting my track up on our deck. Between temperature fluctuation and outdoor filth itís a constant battle! Vacuum and sponge mop constantly. Also frequent tire changing as temps in Colorado fluctuate rapidly!
Temps have been up and down near Chicago. Itís almost always under 60s in my basement. Iíve wiper down a few trouble spots. Never vacuumed. I donít have one safe to use on it.
Old 05-13-2020, 10:00 PM
Tech Prophet

First night with the radials. Some signs of improvement. I will say I’m absolutely fed up with the Futaba 4PL. It’s been ok for 1/10. Nothing but a disappointment for small scale for me. Once the group is back, I’ll get a couple receivers for the EX6.

Old 05-14-2020, 06:43 AM
Tech Addict

First night with the radials. Some signs of improvement. I will say Iím absolutely fed up with the Futaba 4PL. Itís been ok for 1/10. Nothing but a disappointment for small scale for me. Once the group is back, Iíll get a couple receivers for the EX6.
Are you having issues with the radio or receiver? Iím using the Futaba compatible micro receiver and it has been less than reliable. Some days itís perfectly fine, others itís a royal PIA! Reading many micro/mini threads here, I concluded it must be a lousy product as there are many reports of issues with this receiver. However, my son is using the same receiver and his works perfectly. Not one single glitch. We both use 4PX Ďs. Iím thinking now it may be a QC issue. Iím going to see if GL will replace mine. Meanwhile Iíve purchased another micro for my GLR. Iíve been using a genuine Futaba standard receiver but will test my second micro in that car soon.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.