• 1 Post By EMU
  • 1 Post By MTseo
  • 1 Post By MTseo

DUEL IN DETROIT Mini-Z Race

Old 06-13-2019, 08:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default DUEL IN DETROIT Mini-Z Race

This is a Kyosho sponsored being held in Metro Detroit. There is a warm up race this weekend.
EMU, NoBrainer and MTseo like this.
Old 06-24-2019, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Online registration is now open at https://www.excelrc.com/kyosho-mini-z-cup-race-1570446/
Old 06-26-2019, 03:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Are these rules being followed? For instance in a couple of the classes, fhss are the only legal boards. It seems like kyosho tried to be very specific about what is allowed, but also left some things out that they probably should have included.
Old 06-26-2019, 04:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MTseo View Post
Are these rules being followed? For instance in a couple of the classes, fhss are the only legal boards. It seems like kyosho tried to be very specific about what is allowed, but also left some things out that they probably should have included.
There were complaints leading up to the PN race about what was and wasnít allowed. This time itís Kyosho that makes the rules designed to show their products, not the aftermarket.
Old 06-26-2019, 04:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post

There were complaints leading up to the PN race about what was and wasnít allowed. This time itís Kyosho that makes the rules designed to show their products, not the aftermarket.
Not complaining about the kyosho only products. Actually I hope I am not coming across as complaining at all. In the wide touring section it states that the VE, VE pro and evo are allowed boards but they only allow fhss2 to be used. I do not think the ve boards can use fhss. And obviously there are several other transmitters that can be used with the evo that kyosho has produced themselves
Old 06-26-2019, 10:29 AM
LJH
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It is amazing just how restrictive these rules are in so many areas. How many clubs in the US run Kyosho rules year round? It seems that these rules would really limit participation?

Cheers,
Jim
Old 06-26-2019, 10:41 AM
Tech Champion

Not complaining about the kyosho only products. Actually I hope I am not coming across as complaining at all. In the wide touring section it states that the VE, VE pro and evo are allowed boards but they only allow fhss2 to be used. I do not think the ve boards can use fhss. And obviously there are several other transmitters that can be used with the evo that kyosho has produced themselves
thereís Futaba and KOP0 for the Evo.

Honestly I gave up trying to understand the frequency thing once my Evoís Went to KOPO.

Think I developed a bit of dyslexia trying. I canít keep the letter combinations straight.

Old 06-26-2019, 10:47 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by LJH View Post
It is amazing just how restrictive these rules are in so many areas. How many clubs in the US run Kyosho rules year round? It seems that these rules would really limit participation?

Cheers,
Jim
Probably more then we know. But itís Kyosho show. Iíve learned from the Sidewinderz guys and EMU, rules for small scale racing have been a nightmare for years. I do know there are some trying to get a more universal rules package together. Buts thatís seems for for club or non manufacturer sponsored events. If it says PN, they rule, Kyosho they rule. Donít know if GL has any, but Iíd expect the same. Their rules.
Old 06-27-2019, 04:24 AM
EMU
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The poster is a little hard to understand, but my understanding is that the production class is limited to only sports(FHS) and FHSS electronics and brushed motors. While both narrow and wide classes permit ASF, VE, evo, etc. With the transmitters on the lower perimeter of the poster.
MTseo likes this.
Old 06-27-2019, 06:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

I see it now, you are right emu, the narrow and wide touring are kind of combined even though they appear to be separate. They really need to edit that thing it is really hard to follow.
EMU likes this.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

I signed up for 3 classes. I have not ran a pure stock car since December should be fun. They have the track layout on the website Excelrc, looks like a fun track to run on.
EMU likes this.