Lc racing 1/14 buggy vs ae reflex buggy >

Lc racing 1/14 buggy vs ae reflex buggy

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By slick2500

Lc racing 1/14 buggy vs ae reflex buggy

Old 05-17-2019, 07:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Lc racing 1/14 buggy vs ae reflex buggy

Hi guys so as the title says Iím wondering which is better between the Lcp Racing buggy and the AE reflex buggy and when I mean better I mean which one is more durable better for Racing not bashing not professional racing to say but take some good corners also who has more parts available not upgrades but replacement t parts, i currently have a mini 8 but thats discontinued so want a replacement. Thanx
Old 05-20-2019, 05:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Probably get a better response here.

Associated Reflex 14B/14T

the LC buggy has come up often in it.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

I haven't owned the AE, but after owning the Mini 8ight DB and an LC truggy and now the LC12B1, I can pretty confidently say the LC cars do live up to the hype of being the best 1/14 platform out there currently. I see most of the same issues people had with the Mini 8ights starting to appear with the AE. Locked and throttle curved ESC that can't be programed, a 24mm diameter motor with a 2mm shaft, some reports of spur gears getting eaten and the bearing on the center diff or rear diff (can't recall which) pinion melting the housing, etc. It just looks like AE didn't cary the design to it's logical end and as usual for most companies these days, cut some rather important corners. Not slamming AE for their attempt, but I don't see them being very competitive on racetrack without some coin being dropped into replacing key parts. I have yet to see an actual side by side review from anyone that owns both though.

The LC's have earned a reputation for being the best all around 1/14 because they did not cut these corners. Programable ESC, 28mm motor with a 1/8 shaft, durable metal gear diffs that seal up nice, metal hinge pin carriers, and just the overall durability of the cars. They truly are race ready out of the box. Not a lot of aftermarket support for either of them(AE or LC), but the LC also has the edge here with more factory hop ups and race oriented parts like sway bars, various spring rates, adjustable and replaceable hinge pin inserts, carbon fiber towers and chassis braces, aluminum hex's, bell cranks, hubs and caster blocks and spindle carriers, hard suspension arms, Ti shock shafts, etc. It's true that you are at the mercy of mail order for the LC stuff, but the dealers in the US are very good about keeping stock on hand and shipping promptly. I've never had issues with that. And at least in relation to the Mini 8ight, the need for having a lot of spares around is significantly less. Almost non existent. The only things I have ever tweaked on my LC have been bent hinge pins and tweaked front arms and a bearing or two wearing out. That's it. Nothing on either has ever actually broken. They are tanks.

I know this comes off as paid advertising for LC but it really isn't. Just a very satisfied customer and fan of their products.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have had a similar experience to racknpinion with the LC Racing stuff, quite a few rear hub bearings on the Truggy, 1 set of rear hinge pins on the Truggy and a few bent cvd shafts on the truggy as well. I did break a rear axle carrier on my buggy but it was a very hard landing right on the side of the wheel. I have maybe spent $40 on parts for these in the past 9 months, that doesn't include upgrading my brushed Tacon Valor to a brushless LC Racing buggy.
racknpinion likes this.
Old 05-21-2019, 03:48 AM
Tech Adept

I don’t have the LC buggy but I do have the 14B. After having it for a couple of weeks I heard about the Tacon Thriller from another 14T owner and decided to get one on sale. It was a little cheaper than the AE but tons better. Better speed control and motor. Only wish it had a center diff. My Ae 14B sits as a backup to my Thriller at local hobby shop track, Just my $.02 FYI Tacon is pretty much a rebranded LC.

Last edited by Mattdaddy1974; 05-31-2019 at 04:18 AM.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Well.... after about a month of ownership I already had to buy a center bearing and I went thru two sour gears, the first one maybe my fault cuz of that stupid cam system they use to mesh the pinion and spur. I do hope it gets better I like the car it’s just great really balanced.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Been good with my Reflex.

Old 06-23-2019, 08:23 PM
Tech Addict

You don't have to retire your Mini 8ight. The M8-DB shares almost all the same parts except for the chassis, center drive shaft and center top plate. You can pick up the DB chassis and make a long wheel base buggy. LC Racing and Phat bodies make a buggy body that will work.