Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By EMU
  • 1 Post By Mattdaddy1974
  • 1 Post By Mattdaddy1974

How do I bind a KR-331 TO MY KT432PT

Old 05-04-2019, 04:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default How do I bind a KR-331 TO MY KT432PT

I see it is compatible on the website I bought from but I have never had Kyosho TX or Rx. It feels a lot better than my DX4S.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:39 PM
EMU
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This is a excerpt from the manual, it shows binding with the KR-431T RX, I would assume the same procedure for the KR331.

EbbTide and Kremzeek like this.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mattdaddy1974 View Post
I see it is compatible on the website I bought from but I have never had Kyosho TX or Rx. It feels a lot better than my DX4S.
it looks like the manual wants you to enter bind mode which is RX setup in the menu iirc. Then insert the bind plug or push the bind button (whichever it has) while powering on the receiver either by speed controller or by 6v battery plugged into any channel.

The rceiver should blink for a while until it binds to the radio and the radio should either back out automatically or you should be able to hit the back button. Then unplug the bind cable if you had one and restart the radio then the receiver. It should be bound if you have the right protocol selected.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:35 PM
Tech Adept

Got it figured out. I’m going to have to post a video to YouTube. It’s not very straight forward. $17.99 for a receiver isn’t bad and the radio is very nice. I was going to return it but it is nice for the MRO3s and I bound it to the GLR. I have the Futaba coming next week. I might just keep both.
EMU likes this.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:48 PM
EMU
Tech Fanatic

I have no experience with any of the new kyosho or KO transmitters, besides what I read in the manuals... will be good to have the procedure documented.
Old 05-05-2019, 06:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by EMU View Post
I have no experience with any of the new kyosho or KO transmitters, besides what I read in the manuals... will be good to have the procedure documented.
I always do better with a visual whether it be a pic or video. It didn't help that the tx language was set to Japanese. It took a little bit of research to figure out. I guess that's the laziness coming out. The KT432PT feels really nice. It has adjustments in the tension of the steering and the throttle. Only one thing I don't care for is the trigger is a bit small for my fat finger. This thing feels so much nicer than my Spektrum DX4S. I will probably be keeping this one for the MiniZs and use the Futaba T4PM that's coming for everything else. I just have to sell some of my 1/10 scale stuff to make room.
EMU likes this.

Last edited by Mattdaddy1974; 05-05-2019 at 07:05 AM.
Old 05-05-2019, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mattdaddy1974 View Post
I always do better with a visual whether it be a pic or video. It didn't help that the tx language was set to Japanese. It took a little bit of research to figure out. I guess that's the laziness coming out. The KT432PT feels really nice. It has adjustments in the tension of the steering and the throttle. Only one thing I don't care for is the trigger is a bit small for my fat finger. This thing feels so much nicer than my Spektrum DX4S. I will probably be keeping this one for the MiniZs and use the Futaba T4PM that's coming for everything else. I just have to sell some of my 1/10 scale stuff to make room.
The factory Japanese setting definitely doesnt help lol
Old 05-05-2019, 07:01 PM
Tech Adept

Glad to hear you have that figure out. I really want to have a 432pt yet it is not available in my country : ( .BTW does ex1ur have steering wheel tension adjustment? I had a ex1ur and can't figure out how to adjust steering wheel tension.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:20 PM
EMU
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by zxcvb1t View Post
Glad to hear you have that figure out. I really want to have a 432pt yet it is not available in my country : ( .BTW does ex1ur have steering wheel tension adjustment? I had a ex1ur and can't figure out how to adjust steering wheel tension.
I recently acquired an EX1-UR, and the centering spring does feel weak for me. I did not see the adjustment screw that my EX-10 has, and just looked through all of the literature for the EX1-UR and did not see any mention of adjustment for the spring. I tend to prefer a stiffer spring setting, and am not comfortable with the feel of the EX1-UR in the way it comes. I might try to modify the spring, or see if a replacement could be installed to increase the tension.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by zxcvb1t View Post
Old 05-06-2019, 02:46 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks, sorry for hijacking the thread as I thought this is mini z thread.
Yesterday I tried swapping the wheel on my kt19 with ex1ur's and i find the force on this setup is just right . The stock ex1ur's wheel is just too loose but possibly the previous owner modified it for his own preference lol..... Guess I need to the look into the radio and see if I can swap a spring into it.