PN Championship Race @ Tracks Hobbies

Like Tree37Likes

PN Championship Race @ Tracks Hobbies

Old 02-22-2019, 06:54 PM
EMU
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw46 View Post
I wanted to go but our furnace died a couple weeks ago during that brutal cold week. Then the Wife decided she needed a new car, my fun money is gone!!
What class is she thinking of getting the car for

Originally Posted by MTseo View Post
PN North American Race Event - Agenda - Tracks Hobbies and R/C Raceway
They have the registrants per class listed at the bottom of the agenda page on tracks hobbies website. EMU just you and me so far signed up for the F1 it looks like.
I will always register for F1 if there is a class available. The car is very dated... and unsure if it still works, but I will run it.

Originally Posted by mugler View Post
Looks like we missed the chance to trade paint by a couple of years

At some point this week I'll shoot and upload pics of the 3 Kyosho F1 chassis I still keep at the ready..there's one with Mantisworx front upper arms and another with the Atomic AF-038 awaiting a Lajf damper.

In the past couple of years the biggest performance leap forward for Kyosho F1's has to be the Marka Rear / PN front (med or hard) tire combo. This combo seems to make a drivable car out of any F1 chassis even if the car is not tricked out all the way or tuned to perfection. Anyway I hop I'm not giving any race secrets away for PNNA for anyone who already knew this but anyone with a Kyosho mini-z in their closet owes it to themselves to dust it off and try it with that tire combo.
Yeah, I ran into some hard times in 2012, and forced me away from the hobby. It would have been nice to come race at the 2012 race... I had attended every WC held in the states from 2006 to 2010.

I would love to see some of your pics... maybe I can pull some of my half dismantled cars out of their body bags and get them setup to be race worthy, or at least parade/pic worthy.

Thanks for the tips on the tires. I was wondering what I was going to do with the tire situation now that Kyosho no longer produces any, and they are getting hard to come by. I used to use Kyosho tire only for F1, the PN rubber would almost chemically change after a couple heat cycles and traction would disappear. But, this was 2010... and after coming back to the hobby, I see how much progress PN has made with their KS rubber... have yet to try Marka, but hear great things about them.
Old 02-23-2019, 01:31 AM
Tech Adept

She bought an Equinox Premier AWD. We kept her Pontiac Torrent AWD for our 15yr old son, he turns 16 next January so we have almost a year to shade tree mechanic the few issues that made her decide to get into something new. Minor issues but labor intensive so the cost was high, and not something I wanted to do in an unheated garage this time of the year.
Old 02-24-2019, 04:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's been a super long time since I have been able to make it out there. Every time I plan on it something always seems to come up.

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post

most did run at HobbyTown Orland. Not to get off track but have you been out to romeoville for Sidewinderz.
Old 02-24-2019, 05:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Links432 View Post
It's been a super long time since I have been able to make it out there. Every time I plan on it something always seems to come up.
March 3rd is next race. Last 2 races they have setup on Friday, having a night practice. Would not be surprised if they do the same this week.
Old 02-25-2019, 04:17 AM
Tech Champion

The Sidewinderz guys are planning a trip for practice for the PN race.
EMU likes this.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well neat, the things I miss not being on the Facespace. I'll see if I can get out to that.

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post

The Sidewinderz guys are planning a trip for practice for the PN race.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:42 AM
Tech Champion

Well neat, the things I miss not being on the Facespace. I'll see if I can get out to that.
I try to post things I see on the Facebook, I know a number that won’t use it. I keep it RC related only.
EMU and Links432 like this.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Registration deadline is coming up quick. Hopefully there will be some last minute entries to keep more of the events alive.
I would love to watch the mod races.
Here is the REGISTRATION link for anybody wanting to check it out.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:30 AM
Tech Champion

Deleted
Old 03-05-2019, 08:32 AM
Tech Champion

EMU likes this.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'll be there this afternoon practicing for a couple of hours and back when the doors open tomorrow morning. This will be my first intentional practice session in months not including race nights. Saturday I should be racing Pan Car and Super Stock (with the Mini-z Motor). Only one more month to the big even and I need all the track time I can get.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:45 AM
Tech Adept

Default Track layout

Is the track layout going to be the same as what you have setup now? If so is it already setup on the smooth side?
Old 03-09-2019, 07:50 AM
EMU
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Byebye View Post
Is the track layout going to be the same as what you have setup now? If so is it already setup on the smooth side?
They normally run rough side, but recently switched to smooth side from what I have heard. PN normally use new layouts for event for fair competition for traveling racers. I hope this is the case for this race.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I am sure that as in the past the actual layout will be new to all the local racers on race day. However it is quite unlikely that the race day chosen layout will be new to the factory "team" drivers.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yes, it will be a new layout. As far as I know, PN has not provided one yet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service