Like Tree3Likes

Stand Alone Rx?

Old 02-14-2019, 07:21 AM
LJH
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Stand Alone Rx?

Hello All,
It seems I never hit the "complete" button when I ordered the Rx for my GLA that I should see in the next couple weeks. I was just about to order one so that was not holding me up when I finish the build and I ran across this which looks to be a brand new offering. It is ever so slightly bigger and weighs almost a gram more but I like the idea of no wire antenna. I am guessing no one has used this yet for the fact I can't find any reviews but wondering on what you thought?

I actually just found one on Amazon Prime so that makes it a much easier decision to try because it is so much easier to return so I hit the "buy" button.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 02-14-2019, 08:02 AM
EMU
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have the same in Sanwa and notice no difference between the performance of the one with wire antenna and one with the ceramic antenna. I have not tested the range limits, but for my uses, I didn't see any noticeable performance difference.

I plan to use the ceramic antenna receiver model going forward.
LJH likes this.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:47 AM
LJH
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by EMU View Post
I have the same in Sanwa and notice no difference between the performance of the one with wire antenna and one with the ceramic antenna. I have not tested the range limits, but for my uses, I didn't see any noticeable performance difference.

I plan to use the ceramic antenna receiver model going forward.
Perfect....

Cheers,
Jim
Old 04-30-2019, 10:22 AM
Tech Adept

Is there a version that would work with the kt432pt?
Old 04-30-2019, 11:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Ran this rx with no issues. I did, however, cover it in shrink tubing.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:32 PM
EMU
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mattdaddy1974 View Post
Is there a version that would work with the kt432pt?
KR-331/431T receiver's are listed as compatible. I haven't seen models which use the micro JST plugs commonly used in this scale. So you will either need to modify the plugs, or direct solder to the pins.
Old 04-30-2019, 02:31 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks just thought I’d ask. I’ve ordered a kt432pt that should be here on Friday. I may end up putting it for sale and getting either a Futaba or Sanwa. They really make it tough to decide. I was going to stick with my DX4S and deal with the stock Mini Z transmitters. That was until my DX4S steering spring snapped. Tried fixing it with a spring from another to but it just doesn’t feel the same. I’d like something to cover all the bases. Mini Z, GL’s, 14b,Tacon and whatever tenth scales I decide to keep. You guys got any suggestions on which brand I should consider. I’m done with Spektrum for now. How good is the KT432PT? I purchased a KR-331 to try out the radio with the GLA or GLR. I just don’t know if I will be satisfied with the Kyosho over one of the others.
Old 04-30-2019, 03:13 PM
EMU
Tech Fanatic

I use an old EX-10 Helios with ASF module for mini-z. It's old, and relatively slow, but good enough for me. I use Sanwa for any aftermarket electronics based platform. It means carrying two transmitters to the track, and I am still not acclimated to the Sanwa yet. There is a huge speed difference between the two platforms.

I had considered getting the EX-6R, but really cannot justify the expenditure to stay with proprietary bands. I had also thought about getting the KT-432PT, and getting above RWD cars/electronics to replace my brushed ASF cars as well as EVO RX, but it's more of a side grade than an upgrade.

Electronics compatibility are still a concern in this scale, sbs for the most part it means having two transmitters as there is no single transmitter than can be used with all cars.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:18 AM
LJH
Tech Fanatic

It is surprising that Kyosho never seemed to try to make things "standard" I totally understand that the protocols have changed over the last two decades that the Mini-Z has been around but it seems that they kind of went out of their own way to make different models not compatible. I am also surprised that in this time of "cheap" electronics that a third party has not offered reasonably priced boards that work with the protocols that the major manufactures use. I would have thought with all the electronic production facilities in Asia that this would be a "no brainer" with the popularity of this scale there.

Cheers,
Jim
EMU likes this.
Old 05-01-2019, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

I may just go with the 4PM from Futaba. Seems like itís a good transmitter and it work with the Mini Z Evo. Iíll just have to bite the bullet and get a few 2ch receivers for now.
EMU likes this.
Old 05-01-2019, 05:58 PM
EMU
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by LJH View Post
It is surprising that Kyosho never seemed to try to make things "standard" I totally understand that the protocols have changed over the last two decades that the Mini-Z has been around but it seems that they kind of went out of their own way to make different models not compatible. I am also surprised that in this time of "cheap" electronics that a third party has not offered reasonably priced boards that work with the protocols that the major manufactures use. I would have thought with all the electronic production facilities in Asia that this would be a "no brainer" with the popularity of this scale there.

Cheers,
Jim
This surprises me as well. PN made a brushed spektrum board, which was around $100. Not cheap, but the going rate for ASF brushed boards at the time.

There are some inexpensive ASF clone boards for brushed and brushless... the same company makes clone micro receivers for some of the big brands, so I wouldn't put it past their ability to swap an RX band on the boards, but I am no electronics engineer.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:42 AM
Tech Adept

Hello All,
It seems I never hit the "complete" button when I ordered the Rx for my GLA that I should see in the next couple weeks. I was just about to order one so that was not holding me up when I finish the build and I ran across this which looks to be a brand new offering. It is ever so slightly bigger and weighs almost a gram more but I like the idea of no wire antenna. I am guessing no one has used this yet for the fact I can't find any reviews but wondering on what you thought?

I actually just found one on Amazon Prime so that makes it a much easier decision to try because it is so much easier to return so I hit the "buy" button.

Cheers,
Jim
would this be compatible with the T4PM?
Old 05-02-2019, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mattdaddy1974 View Post

would this be compatible with the T4PM?
It should be. The 4pm is compatible with t-fhss, s-fhss, and T-fhss SR
Old 05-02-2019, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

Hello All,

Cheers,
Jim
Do you have a link to the one on amazon.for the Futaba
Old 05-02-2019, 07:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Only one left, better hurry!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07MRCB3KT?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service