Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mugler

Kyosho Mini Z CUP

Old 02-07-2019, 01:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default Kyosho Mini Z CUP

Any interest in a straight up Kyosho Mini Z CUP in the US?
Old 02-07-2019, 03:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Only if they race FWD too.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think due to the sheer size of the States it would be incredibly difficult. I’d be interested to hear the ideas.
Old 02-07-2019, 04:52 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I would be interested...
Old 02-07-2019, 06:32 PM
Tech Addict

Well, putting on a 1/10 scale race can be quite expensive but a min z pretty doable. I have a lap counter system. School gyms can be rented for rather cheap. All we need a some elbow grease and Kyosho USA to sponsor it. I and a few volunteer can handle the midwest. We just need folks to step up run it for other regions. Then we can have a final some where in the US.

It's time to rise up to the occasion and make something big happen. What do you guys think?
Old 02-07-2019, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Looking at post #1 & #5 I'm reading 2 different question.

It would have to be a straight up Kyosho bought and paid for Mini-z cup as the out of pocket cost per event and semi truck loads of elbow grease needed to pull something together as proposed in post #5 would simply not make sense to be undertaken by the participants themselves who want to race vs the manufacturer who will be doing it for purposes of promo & profits . Elephant in the room is the question if there's even enough mini-z racers in the US in the first place to make a Kyosho Mini-Z cup or any national mini-z series viable . Annual big races here and there thats another thing that needs to be explored more I think with the powers to be.

Anyway the much cheaper and easier way to execute the plan in post #5 would be to hold the regional races at already established facilities such as commercial tracks /hobby shops or clubs who already have the space, tracks, pits and all the equipment set up...it would still have to be fully sponsored by Kyosho & pretty sure this is the approach they would be considering if they ever decided to do it.

In the meantime a good way to scratch that big-race itch would be to attend the PN North America Championship in April which I believe you probably are
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mugler View Post
Looking at post #1 & #5 I'm reading 2 different question.

It would have to be a straight up Kyosho bought and paid for Mini-z cup as the out of pocket cost per event and semi truck loads of elbow grease needed to pull something together as proposed in post #5 would simply not make sense to be undertaken by the participants themselves who want to race vs the manufacturer who will be doing it for purposes of promo & profits . Elephant in the room is the question if there's even enough mini-z racers in the US in the first place to make a Kyosho Mini-Z cup or any national mini-z series viable . Annual big races here and there thats another thing that needs to be explored more I think with the powers to be.

Anyway the much cheaper and easier way to execute the plan in post #5 would be to hold the regional races at already established facilities such as commercial tracks /hobby shops or clubs who already have the space, tracks, pits and all the equipment set up...it would still have to be fully sponsored by Kyosho & pretty sure this is the approach they would be considering if they ever decided to do it.

In the meantime a good way to scratch that big-race itch would be to attend the PN North America Championship in April which I believe you probably are
Naturaly if you have a hobby shop or track in the local area then yes use it. But what about the areas that does not have a local track or hobby shop?

Yes the PN racing that is comming is great. PN regquires 16 cars per class as a minimum. Unless you guys are bringing a ton of racers I don't know if you will have enough. What do you do when 90 percent of the guys only have box stock cars. 1/10 scale on road is pretty much dead in the US here at club level. I see this as a good chance to bring in new racers.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by v_squared View Post
Naturaly if you have a hobby shop or track in the local area then yes use it. But what about the areas that does not have a local track or hobby shop?

Yes the PN racing that is comming is great. PN regquires 16 cars per class as a minimum. Unless you guys are bringing a ton of racers I don't know if you will have enough. What do you do when 90 percent of the guys only have box stock cars. 1/10 scale on road is pretty much dead in the US here at club level. I see this as a good chance to bring in new racers.

unfortunately rctech's new format ate my original response again so apologies for a half ass morris-code version.
fun of travel to an rc race would naturally fall on shoulders of racers away from the main action since organizers want to make sure they can hit a min # of attendees at established locations.
in consideration of areas who dont have a local track shop I highly recommend running HFAY for monthly dose of racing. 2 L-shaped RCP's and 2 buddies let anyone run against a nationwide group of 39 racers/8 groups and growing fast HOWEVER i would recommend racers at those few established tracks ro request track owners to run the HFAY rounds which can be done as quickly as 1 day.
being a terrible traveler unfortunately i won't be able to make the PN race but PN has been at this for a long time.. if I did manage to get there id enjoy what's being offered. I managed to attend PNWC 2012 and it was hoot.

** to be clear Im only a consumer of PN products and services and not affiliated with them in any other way...my posting of their events was done independently as a customer racer**