Like Tree43Likes

GLA V2

Old 01-28-2019, 01:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default GLA V2

I'm a little bit late but this is such wonderful little car. It's very fast out of the box.

Old 01-28-2019, 03:21 PM
Tech Adept

Nice! I've been thinking of adding an AWD, kind of leaning towards the Atomic BZ EVO, but my GLR is so sweet a GLA makes sense.
Old 01-28-2019, 05:44 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am planning to get a 98mm GLA for the PN race in April. None of my 4 AWD chassis are capable of racing in the PN race, I have a GLA and BZ at 90mm, and an AMZ and SZ at 98mm. They all have their ups and downs, but I prefer the GLA build to the others. There is something about the steering on the GLA that just feels better to me, despite having fewer out of the box upgrades.

The BZ has potential to be the fastest in the group with the least torque steer. The transverse motor promotes more squat/longitudinal weight transfer on power. I have not really played with it enough yet to dial in the setup, but bench build vs bench build, I felt more dialed in with my 90mm GLA than my BZ. I think it could have to do with the ackermann in the steering rack. The BZ wasnt bad by any means, it just didnt quite have the steering feel that I was looking for. I used the same Porsche GT1 body with both (as there are few compatible 90mm bodies at this time).
Old 01-28-2019, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

The BZ EVO has so much tuning ability out of the box, it really looks ideal for a set up freak like me. The belt drive also intrigues me, as Ive never had one.
That said my experience with the GLR as been so positive Im feeling a bit loyal to GL Racing.
Old 01-28-2019, 07:54 PM
EMU
Tech Master

The biggest issue with the atomic cars right now is availability of their servo, which the car is designed around. I have searched high and low for one for my SZ, and am unable to find one.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:14 AM
LJH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

While I do not have any of these "other" Mini-Z's I keep looking at them and I keep going back to the GL cars, they just look really well done to me. I also like their choice in servos, I have been using them for the last few years in some pretty big high performance gliders and they have not missed a beat.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 01-29-2019, 08:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by LJH View Post
While I do not have any of these "other" Mini-Z's I keep looking at them and I keep going back to the GL cars, they just look really well done to me. I also like their choice in servos, I have been using them for the last few years in some pretty big high performance gliders and they have not missed a beat.

Cheers,
Jim
In terms of servo I thing the server to have is the XRX XR-MS1. It's the best servo so far that I can find. It is truely amazing how good these little cars have gotten. I was pretty impressed on how I can take a gla v2 and drive with the consistency of a 1/10 scale sedan but on a rcp track with tiny lane.
Old 01-29-2019, 09:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by v_squared View Post
In terms of servo I thing the server to have is the XRX XR-MS1. It's the best servo so far that I can find. It is truely amazing how good these little cars have gotten. I was pretty impressed on how I can take a gla v2 and drive with the consistency of a 1/10 scale sedan but on a rcp track with tiny lane.
Have you used the GL003 DMG? I was pleasantly surprised by its resolution. Wouldn't hesitate to get another.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw46 View Post
Have you used the GL003 DMG? I was pleasantly surprised by its resolution. Wouldn't hesitate to get another.
I have one in my glr. The only thing I don't like about the servo is bit of play in the servo gears. The Graupner DES-131 has less play in the gear. I only wish they have a metal gear and ball bearing version. I really don't care about the metal case.
Pembalap_amatir likes this.
Old 01-30-2019, 02:35 PM
EMU
Tech Master

I have one in my glr. The only thing I don't like about the servo is bit of play in the servo gears. The Graupner DES-131 has less play in the gear. I only wish they have a metal gear and ball bearing version. I really don't care about the metal case.
I dont notice any play in my GLR servo. I do like the DES-131, just wish that they had an MG version...
Kremzeek likes this.
Old 02-03-2019, 01:14 AM
Tech Adept

how about graupner des291bbmg?
Old 02-03-2019, 07:26 AM
EMU
Tech Master

Originally Posted by b.wihardja View Post
how about graupner des291bbmg?
too large to fit in the servo mount for the GLA.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Mine is waiting for the bumper kit. I have an LTC Atomic body I'm going to start out with and an atomic front bumper installed. The rear mount doesn't fit. Once I try the LTC I will decide If I'll go to the GL P1 body. For me this car was an easy choice. Great finish on all the parts and excellent build quality. I was missing the rear bearing cap, but one of our fellow racers had a spare already.

Options ordered:
2* alloy rear toe bar
Front upper arm camber set
Screw shocks
Front bumper and body mount kit
Front and rear spring sets
Front alloy steering knuckles
Rear diff cover set (for the missing cap)
Sanwa Receiver
Old 02-05-2019, 12:59 PM
LJH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just pulled the trigger on a GLA, I went 98MM and with the GL 3500KV motor. I ordered from China which saved a bit of cash and I actually have a lot on the docket over the next couple weeks so I would not have had much tome to spend on it anyhow. With that said I am looking forward to checking it out and seeing how a AWD car feels on my mini-96 track......guessing I am going to have to turn the throttle WAY down for the mini-96 track? Speaking of RCP track, do you guys use a similar tire set up as you do on say a MR03?

Cheers,
Jim
Old 02-05-2019, 01:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by LJH View Post
I just pulled the trigger on a GLA, I went 98MM and with the GL 3500KV motor. I ordered from China which saved a bit of cash and I actually have a lot on the docket over the next couple weeks so I would not have had much tome to spend on it anyhow. With that said I am looking forward to checking it out and seeing how a AWD car feels on my mini-96 track......guessing I am going to have to turn the throttle WAY down for the mini-96 track? Speaking of RCP track, do you guys use a similar tire set up as you do on say a MR03?

Cheers,
Jim
Jim I use PN super soft in the rear and medium fronts. This combo should work well for you mini-96 track. Even with the 3500k motor you car will still shoot out of the corner like a bat out of hell.
LJH and Pembalap_amatir like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.