Like Tree34Likes

GLA V2

Old 05-05-2019, 09:41 AM
EMU
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I would be happy to help with whatever you want to get done.

On a side note, MC3 is now stocking an aluminum 90mm GLA chassis deck. MC3 - Mini Car Club of Canada: Mini-Z and dNano Tracks in Toronto Canada
While this does not help you personally, perhaps in time they will make a 94mm model. I have a CRG 98mm lexan only deck on my newest GLA v2.1 build that I have been working on, and the quality is quite good. It is expensive because it is produced in very low quantity. (Prices at MC3 are in CAD).

98mm version which I have http://minicarclubofcanada.com/Shopp...7565&catid=295

Last edited by EMU; 05-05-2019 at 10:44 AM.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:39 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks.i adjusted the mesh and changed out the servo saver for the servo arm. I also adjusted the rear links and ride height. I wouldnít say it solved all my issues but itís a step in the right direction. Just ran a few laps and best I could get was a 4.87. Still traction rolled a few times but the hopping is noticeably decreased. My rear links were way out of wack. I was riding on the outer edge of the tires. Car doesnít seem to want to center correctly either. I have the GLR set to the KT432PT and it seems to center a lot better. Iíll swap receivers and see if itís the tx. I did change out the weak spring and it seems to be better.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:48 AM
EMU
Tech Fanatic

You might need to play with the differential tension a little for centering. Does the steering rack center properly?

I found that if I was using Kyosho 30 front tires, I would have difficulty centering, but once I switched to the PN firm in the front, the car came to life. With the Kyosho, it always felt a little off, and I was fighting the car the entire time. With the PN, it was on rails. I used PN soft rear tires if that helps. My 90mm is built basically kit standard. No option parts or option springs even, and it is quite good.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:52 PM
Tech Adept

Does anyone with the 98mm have the extra servo arm they can part with? Mine stripped. The servo is good.
Old 05-10-2019, 12:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi everyone, I wanted to ask you a question about GLA 2.1 98mm to use on rcp track. Which do you prefer better GLA or GLR? 2wd vs 4wd
Old 05-10-2019, 02:55 AM
EMU
Tech Fanatic

What RC experience do you have? I enjoy both. The GLR would be easier to setup and get up to speed. Smaller track, or lower traction would favor the GLA. If you have a lot of touring car experience, you may prefer the GLA. If you have pan car experience, you would prefer the GLR.

With the GLA, on a large track you will be fighting traction roll a lot more than you would on the GLR. I am more of a 2wd pilot than an AWD one, so my bias would go towards the 2wd chassis. My finished GLA is 90mm, and it is the fastest 90mm chassis that I own (I have 4 90mm cars currently). If the circuit has high flow, then the 2wd car will perform better. If there are a lot of slower corners, then the favor would go to the AWD in my opinion.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by EMU View Post
What RC experience do you have? I enjoy both. The GLR would be easier to setup and get up to speed. Smaller track, or lower traction would favor the GLA. If you have a lot of touring car experience, you may prefer the GLA. If you have pan car experience, you would prefer the GLR.

With the GLA, on a large track you will be fighting traction roll a lot more than you would on the GLR. I am more of a 2wd pilot than an AWD one, so my bias would go towards the 2wd chassis. My finished GLA is 90mm, and it is the fastest 90mm chassis that I own (I have 4 90mm cars currently). If the circuit has high flow, then the 2wd car will perform better. If there are a lot of slower corners, then the favor would go to the AWD in my opinion.
With the same esc, motor, gear ratio and battery which will be faster on the straight rwd or awd?

Last edited by b.wihardja; 05-10-2019 at 06:30 AM.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by EMU View Post

thanks Emu you have been very clear. I have always practiced touring 1/10 but I realized that on rcp it seems to be better GLA
Old 07-26-2019, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just got my hands on a v2 and it traction rolls if I try and push the car on my track. The car is used and went threw already(ljh old car) but he had it on rough side rcp. On smoth it feels like if I dont be gentle it will flip lifting the rear of the car first not the front. Tried glue but idk if I did enough.the car is balance when i pick the car up with 2 pens front and rear and i tried different rear tires same effect. Any ideas it has on ks med front with Soft radials in the rear. Thinking I might have to go to a harder compound in front
Old 07-26-2019, 09:00 PM
LJH
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Scionara05 View Post
Just got my hands on a v2 and it traction rolls if I try and push the car on my track. The car is used and went threw already(ljh old car) but he had it on rough side rcp. On smoth it feels like if I dont be gentle it will flip lifting the rear of the car first not the front. Tried glue but idk if I did enough.the car is balance when i pick the car up with 2 pens front and rear and i tried different rear tires same effect. Any ideas it has on ks med front with Soft radials in the rear. Thinking I might have to go to a harder compound in front
My track is fairly rough because it gets taken down and put back up often, because of that I ran a pretty high ride height and every time I tried to lower it the car became very inconsistent. I believe right now the ride height is 3+mmís. All the fast set up sheets show a ride height below 2mm so I would start there. On the rough side I would traction roll only if I was ham fisted, as long as I was smooth I did not have an issue.

Cheers,
Jim.
Old 08-10-2019, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Dont know if it was mentioned or posted anywhere but this battery is a good alternative to the gl battery and only 6 bucks vs 15 for the gl and or 30mah less but it dosnt affect it much ran 15 min straight on a mini 96 track and it hit LVC at about 18 min mark. For 20 shipped I got 2 vs 30 plus shipping for the gl version
EMU likes this.
Old 08-11-2019, 10:13 AM
LJH
Tech Fanatic

I use the Kinexsis 280's. They gave me three stints and a few warm up laps in the GLA so I would say just about 20 minutes with 10% left in the cells. These thing were like $6 each.

While I used Hobby King for years I finally got to the point where the PIA factor out weighted the cost saving......at the end more of my orders had issues then were correct and dealing with customer service was so so frustrating. With that said I happy to spend another couple dollars and not have to deal with that company.

How is the GLA running for you?

I just completed my GLR and looking forward to getting it on the track.

Cheers,
Jim