Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree48Likes

GLA V2

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 07:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by EMU
v2.1 does not use the nuts and washers for the shock tower, it has replaced the shock tower with the FRP Nylon tower rather than the carbon. The ball studs screw directly into the new shock towers as seen in the pictures that I have posted above.

If you need parts, you can contact Micro RC Syndicate on FaceBook, or "gottapro" here on RCtech and they can get something out to you as they are both US dealers. SideWinderz RC is opening a US based shop soon as well, so there are US based sources for parts of these great cars.

When ordering the 94mm parts, keep in mind that they use shorter arms and CVD than the 98mm kit, and MRCS or gottapro may only have the more popular 98mm arns in stock. I have a 90mm v2 and really enjoy it, just finishing up my 98mm v2.1. While there are fewer shock mounting positions on the v2.1 shock towers, it is much easier to work with than the blue nuts and washers in the carbon towers, so I actually prefer it.
I got a response from GLR saying the same thing about the washers and nuts. I got that sorted but have to wait for the rear arm. I did get my connectors change over to jr plugs for my spektrum receiver. I also shimmed the diffs better. I have wheels and tires coming so hopefully everything arrives this week so I can get this thing on my Mini96. I imagine it’s going to take some getting use to compared to my mr03. I’ve got one expansion kit on the track so it’s a little bigger.
EMU likes this.
Old 04-22-2019, 05:35 PM
Tech Adept

Default Got replacement arm. Not exactly.

So I got an order from GL Racing today. It consisted of rims and a few extra parts for my GLA that’s not completed yet due to a mix up on the rear lower arms. I received two of the same side so my build was stopped. Contacted GL and they said they would put the correct one with my order I made for rims. Luckily I also order an extra set of rear and front arms because the one they sent is not to this car. I swapped it for the extra set I ordered. That was solved and now I can finish the build until I put in the rear drive shafts. They seemed to be too short. I looked at the website to reference and it calls for 10.5 long shafts. I figured maybe I got the fronts and tears mixed up. Then I checked and realized all of the ones I got with my kit are 8.0. Is this the way it is ordering from GL. I then realized the kit calls for 10.5 all the way around. I emailed GL again so I’m waiting to see the solution. I am starting to have buyers remorse.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:06 PM
LJH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Oh man.....I don’t Blaim you at all, I would be ticked.

Fingers crossed they sort it out quickly for you.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 04-22-2019, 06:16 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mattdaddy1974
So I got an order from GL Racing today. It consisted of rims and a few extra parts for my GLA that’s not completed yet due to a mix up on the rear lower arms. I received two of the same side so my build was stopped. Contacted GL and they said they would put the correct one with my order I made for rims. Luckily I also order an extra set of rear and front arms because the one they sent is not to this car. I swapped it for the extra set I ordered. That was solved and now I can finish the build until I put in the rear drive shafts. They seemed to be too short. I looked at the website to reference and it calls for 10.5 long shafts. I figured maybe I got the fronts and tears mixed up. Then I checked and realized all of the ones I got with my kit are 8.0. Is this the way it is ordering from GL. I then realized the kit calls for 10.5 all the way around. I emailed GL again so I’m waiting to see the solution. I am starting to have buyers remorse.
there is only one instruction manual, which goes through the 98mm kit build. The 90 and 94mm cars are similar in the build, however use a shorter chassis, rear axle pinion assembly, and short arms front and rear. Which kit did you order? The 90 and 94 use the 8mm with the short arms where the 98 uses the 10.5 CVD with the long arms. This change in arm length is to accommodate the narrower bodies prevalent on the 90 and 94mm wheelbases as the majority of 98mm wheelbase bodies are wide and accommodate the wide arms in the standard kit.

edit: just looked back in the thread, you purchased a 98mm kit. This should have long arms and CVD front and rear. Do you have 10.5mm CVD for the front? Shoot me a message if you want me to send out a set of long CVD from my atomic car to complete the build until a replacement can be sent. This is the first kit that I have heard with an issue such as this, and my dealer has shipped 20+ of them.

Last edited by EMU; 04-22-2019 at 06:28 PM.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Ok I’m lost here. Just got an email from GL stating that I have the correct shafts. I have the 94mm version 2. I must have something else wrong because the shafts are short in the rear. The fronts seem fine but the rears are definitely short. Does anyone have any idea of what could be wrong? Does anyone with the 94mm have a width on the rear hub to hub? I am at 59.5 mm from outside of hub to outside of hub on opposite side. I’m going to go back over the directions and se if I messed up.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:39 PM
Tech Adept

GLA rear arms.
I think I figured out my issue. I was given the wide version rear arms in my kit. I ordered a set of arms and guess what they are wide as well. The replacement right arm GL sent me didn’t match what I purchased or what came with the kit so I assumed it was wrong part. Turns out it is the only correct arm I have. So now I have to convince GL to send me another narrow left rear arm so I can finally finish this kit. I even thought of just ordering a narrow set but the only ones listed are the ones I already bought and are wide which require the 10.5 shafts.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:32 PM
EMU
Tech Master

So you did purchase a 94 kit. This definitely uses the short arms. I had thought you had purchased a 98mm kit fron that was written earlier in this thread.

http://gl-racing.com/store/gla-spare...-set-p-55.html

Part GLA-S002 should have the correct arm length for the 94 kit. (Use 8mm shafts)

Last edited by EMU; 04-23-2019 at 09:50 PM.
Old 04-24-2019, 06:50 AM
Tech Adept

I seem to have bad luck with ordering from China. Just had a Sinohobby Q2 show up a few weeks ago from Banggood missing one of the battery terminals and a Wltoys that broke the drive cup immediately on the first battery. So far my Mini Zs have been great. It wouldn’t be so bad except in order to resolve any problems it’s taking two weeks each time and multiple emails. I need to find an American distributor. The GLA seems like a great kit but the packing and lack of actual model specific instructions are a let down. I was considering ordering a GLR as well but now have second thoughts. I’ve got 6 weeks invested as well as at least $400 and still the car isn’t complete. Here’s how she sits as of today. The wrong arm is still on the car waiting on the correct piece. If I had gotten the correct arms in the first place I would have been a lot happier.

Last edited by Mattdaddy1974; 04-24-2019 at 07:03 AM.
Old 04-24-2019, 06:51 AM
Tech Adept

eR1c likes this.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by EMU
So you did purchase a 94 kit. This definitely uses the short arms. I had thought you had purchased a 98mm kit fron that was written earlier in this thread.

GLA Rear Arms w/ Hubs Set [GLA-S002] - 5.90USD : GL Racing, Mini RC cars

Part GLA-S002 should have the correct arm length for the 94 kit. (Use 8mm shafts)
Thanks. I have ordered them as well as a set of the 10.5 shafts since I’ve already got the wide arms. Just wish the instructions were wheelbase specific. Would have saved a bunch of headaches. At least now I can change the width to my liking. I am using the GL lexan body which seems too long. I have trimmed it to fit but is there any other bodies you recommend for the 94mm?
eR1c likes this.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:36 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Car looks good. I’m definitely going pass the problems you had to the it’s that host our races . As a GL vendor they need to know there have been issues like this.
Old 04-24-2019, 12:33 PM
Tech Adept

I would probably steer someone looking to get on of these to bite the bullet and purchase one of the assembled ones the are selling now with the 3500kv. At least then you know you have all the correct parts. I would suggest disassembling it and building it back to speck. I’m close to $400 with the kit, motor, receiver and all the extra parts I purchased. Seeing as how the shipping time is close to 2 weeks make sure to get some spare parts as well. I didn’t think I’d have this much into a 1/27th car. And I’m not even done yet. These are fun though. I’m enjoying running my MR03s on my RCP mini 96 so much I haven’t been to the local off-road track to run my larger scale cars. May end up having a fire sale on My Teknos. Gotta fund my new Mini obsession.
Old 04-24-2019, 12:57 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I didn’t know they offered a preassembled version. I’ll have to check into that this weekend
Old 04-24-2019, 02:15 PM
EMU
Tech Master

There aren't many 94mm lexan bodies that I have seen besides the old Spice bodies which were made for the MR02. These are considerably narrower than the current flood of 98mm bodies, which are all super wide. The 94mm chassis targets the mini-z bodies, which many are narrow. There really is only one or two mini-z bodies which are truly wide bodies. This is why the 90 and 94mm chassis' come with the narrow arms compared to the 98 which was more designed for the super wide lexan bodies.

outside of modifying a 98mm lexan body, it might be difficult to find a lexan 94mm body which is wide. Even kyosho seems to have given up on 94mm wide bodies, as almost all new wide releases have been for the 98mm wheelbase. I am a huge fan of 94mm though.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
I didn’t know they offered a preassembled version. I’ll have to check into that this weekend

Home
Cart:( 0 items )Currencies:
US Dollar
US Dollar Euro GB Pound Australian Dollar Hong Kong Dollar Japanese Yen Chinese Yuan CATEGORIES
INFORMATION

GLA & OPTIONS

GLA-V2.1 1/27 4WD Chassis (Almost Ready to Run) - 98MM-RTR-5250
  • Model: GLA-V2.1-98MM-RTR-5250
  • Shipping Weight: 480g
  • Units in Stock Critical Stock - 4 left
  • Manufactured by: GL Racing

278.00USD

Add to Cart:
Details:

What's in the box

1. An out of the box 98mm GLA
2. ESC GSC V1.2 (GLA)
3. GL HT Brushless Motor (5250KV)
4. Sanwa micro receiver (optional and to be sold separately)

1. GLA-V2.1 chassis
2. Semi-Alloy Case Hi Speed Servo (Metal Gear)
3. Aluminum 7075 parts include:
o Front and Rear Universal shafts
o Newly designed motor mount to let adjustment more easy and precise.
o Central drive shaft
o Alu.7075 Servo Mount For GLA V2
4. Front and rear carbon shock towers.
5. Front and Rear GL designed high quality Ball diffs
6. Full Ball Bearings
o 6x10x2.5mm - 4 pieces
o 3x6x2mm - 12 pieces
o 4x7x2.5mm - 1 piece
o 2x5x2.5mm - 1 piece

Product description

We received a lot of enquiries for a GL assembly GLA.
Despite we thought that professional players would have his own GLA built,
there could have some players want to have this service.

We decided to offer this RTR Edition on a very limited basis.
You only need to put in your own choice of receiver and battery will do.
If you order Sanwa Micro Receiver (GX-031) from us, we can help to install it thereon.

Product 62/72
PREVIOUS

RETURN TO THE PRODUCT LIST

NEXT

This product was added to our catalog on Monday 01 April, 2019.

CUSTOMERS WHO BOUGHT THIS PRODUCT ALSO PURCHASED...

R8 LMS-02

GLA Carbon reinforced bumper w/ body post set (Lexan Body)

GL HT Brushless Motor (8600KV)
CART
Now in your cart 0 items
SEARCH
advanced search
NOTIFICATIONS

Notify me of updates to GLA-V2.1 1/27 4WD Chassis (Almost Ready to Run) - 98MM-RTR-5250
Copyright © 2019 GL Racing.
Billy Kelly likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.