Like Tree35Likes

Jomurema 1/28 racer.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 02:41 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly

Thats assuming that we all have collections of spare motor parts. In almost 10 years I’ve never opened a motor intentionally. Had one blow apart. But that’s it.
when there is a will to win with no restriction, motors will be opened. I have yet to intentionally open any of my motors as well, but I know plenty who have worked with them and collected data on the changes that the different rotors make.

my take, is that swapping rotors changes the KV value of the motor... which in a sense questions the legality of the motor based on the fact that we are currently regulating our brushless motors by KV rather than the winds which is how it is done in larger scales and brushed motors. I would much rather regulate by winding with open rotor... but, you can more easily test for KV with an analyzer to evaluate the legality of a motor than by turns...
Old 11-13-2019, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly

Thats assuming that we all have collections of spare motor parts. In almost 10 years I’ve never opened a motor intentionally. Had one blow apart. But that’s it.

Pretty legit point actually specially if you factor in stock is the gateway class for the newer less experienced racers too...I stand corrected, Route A then...let the race masters do the testing and telling what the FDR for each as-is 3500 motor should be.

I had some hopes for the 2500kv motor but i dont hear a peep about it anywhere on social...my own cogs like crazy and is possibly defective so can't do any testing.
edit: I know EMU you did some testing when 2500 first came out and I think you said its still a bit too fast on 2s compared to 70/3500 nimh
Old 11-13-2019, 03:01 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mugler
Pretty legit point actually specially if you factor in stock is the gateway class for the newer less experienced racers too...I stand corrected, Route A then...let the race masters do the testing and telling what the FDR for each as-is 3500 motor should be.

I had some hopes for the 2500kv motor but i dont hear a peep about it anywhere on social...my own cogs like crazy and is possibly defective so can't do any testing.
the three 2500kv motors that I have (gave one to a friend for testing), do not cog when ESC is set to highest punch, but do when set to low punch. I haven't tested each punch setting, so it is hard to say where the threshold is.

my friend tested with VE pro electronics and no mention of any cogging. I have some more motors on the way which I plan to test with kyosho electronics and lipo for further evaluation. I do wonder if a larger rotor could help reduce cogging issues, but that would definitely lower the top end. After the race this weekend I will pull my rotor on the 2500kv to see what size is installed. I would assume that it is a 14.5mm, but would prefer to check.
mugler likes this.
Old 11-14-2019, 04:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Found it!

More photos: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...85874558217168
Old 11-14-2019, 05:26 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BambooSword
Wow! Curious if it worked. It’s more then I’m going to try. I see different future for them.

I think I’ve decided what to do.

But new problem started last night. My EX6 controller has gone haywire. I’m trying to clean contacts and look for damaged wires. But nothing standing out. Almost back together. If controller has gone bad. That could alter plans
Old 03-27-2020, 04:42 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Runs so smooth on the new layout