Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
Alternative shocks on Mini 8ight >

Alternative shocks on Mini 8ight

Alternative shocks on Mini 8ight

Old 08-03-2018, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Alternative shocks on Mini 8ight

There's so many shock bodies and lengths for the old school small diameter RC10 and the like cars and trucks. Anyone found what fits on the mini 8ight? I searched but didn't find anything.... some of those old army green plastic cap with titanium carbo-nitride shaft shocks would be really cool on the mini cars.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gticlay
There's so many shock bodies and lengths for the old school small diameter RC10 and the like cars and trucks. Anyone found what fits on the mini 8ight? I searched but didn't find anything.... some of those old army green plastic cap with titanium carbo-nitride shaft shocks would be really cool on the mini cars.
Yah...that could work.

But a direct fit also will be the LCRacing ones. Pro track racer's are using them all over the world... and if track racers use them....
Old 08-09-2018, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

LC Racing are good and I think the Kyosho Mini Inferno shocks work as well.
There's been some new 1/12 rc vehicles coming out but they look to be low end so I doubt the shocks will be an upgrade. We might get some new body options though.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:07 PM
Tech Regular

The LC shocks are very good. If you dig the look, they perform well. Aside from those and the Kyosho Mini Inferno(long discontinued) shocks Backyard mentioned, the only other ones I'm aware of would be the Carisma GT14B shocks and perhaps some Trackstar models which come in a variety of different lengths.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

"Aside from those and the Kyosho Mini Inferno(long discontinued) shocks Backyard mentioned" Alright, maybe it wasn't that helpful. Kyosho probably would've been too expensive anyway. I forgot about the Charisma.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Well, really I have some nice dampers for it since I found the hard anodized in both front and rear. They are kind of ugly with the black hardware on them though. I just thought that the old RC10 ones might fit well and look really good at the same time. I'll get some dimensions off the stock ones at some point soon and try and compare them to some of the older small diameter RC10 buggy/truck options "just for fun"