GLR 1/27 Scale RWD Pan Chassis

Like Tree275Likes

GLR 1/27 Scale RWD Pan Chassis

Old 04-08-2021, 10:02 AM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ae4ever
Thanks again EMU, I think I'll stick with the 12c. Are you attending the PNNAC this year? It's at my home track so you'll be able to see all your information put to use, not necessarily good use.... Also why are you still running a sensor less ESC? I just picked up the new PN sensored system now that it's legal.
Im looking into going, but it's really short notice to plan a trip honestly.

I have 4X GL sensored, and 3x Swave sensored systems... too many cars to setup sensored. Here's a few on the work bench waiting to be completed, these are not the ones that are my runners...

so, some get the generic Hobbywing ESC. Its not bad by any means.
NutDriver likes this.
Old 04-08-2021, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks again, One last question and I'll give you a break from being my personal GLR tech support guy. When I install my rear ride height pills in the motor pod they fit so tight that it seems to bind the bearing. Has there been a mold or machining issue? I'm in the process of sanding them down now, is that the right thing to do?
Old 04-08-2021, 02:19 PM
EMU
Tech Master

I haven't had any issues with fit on the axle carriers. But if you do, filing/sanding with frequent test fits would be my approach.
ae4ever likes this.
Old 04-27-2021, 02:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Diffuser

Peoples thoughts on the rear diffuser? Large, small or nothing? Iím running small and have not experimented yet. Local fast guy tells me ditching it is the way to go...
Old 04-27-2021, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vintagedriver
Peoples thoughts on the rear diffuser? Large, small or nothing? Iím running small and have not experimented yet. Local fast guy tells me ditching it is the way to go...
I run the long one on my GLR. I tried short but keep going back to the long one. Just seems more stable to me. The one on my GT is short though and its working fine so far.
Old 04-28-2021, 01:15 PM
EMU
Tech Master

I spent some time with the long, short and no diffuser. It can act as a tuning aid in a sense. If traction is low, using the larger one can help put power down on exit, and increase rotation to some degree on corner entry.

On high traction, I mostly run without it, or just use the short one (especially with hard bodies).

Most of my cars have the short one installed and i really don't think about it much. I ran the long one on the pan car mostly to protect the spur gear on a rear end collision and tuned around it. I think there is more effect from mass vs aero.
NutDriver and titanmaru like this.
Old 05-24-2021, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

What's the best hard body that works with the GLR? (performance wise)
Old 05-27-2021, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default GLR-GT thread?

I am wondering if there is a separate GLR-GT thread. I'm hoping that there isn't and that GT info is included here. I just don't want to miss a GT-specific thread if there is.
Old 05-27-2021, 12:07 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Originally Posted by defcone
What's the best hard body that works with the GLR? (performance wise)
the jomurema GT01 is deemed as the top body currently. I has good pace, large tuning window, and neutral handling. It is also good in collisions and recovery from them.

Originally Posted by NutDriver
I am wondering if there is a separate GLR-GT thread. I'm hoping that there isn't and that GT info is included here. I just don't want to miss a GT-specific thread if there is.
As far as I know, there is no GT specific thread.
Old 06-03-2021, 11:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Default GLR-GT Setup sheet

GLR-GT Setup sheet
Kremzeek and tomthegeek like this.
Old 07-25-2021, 09:25 PM
Tech Adept

Got a question about rear ride height when using full size rear tires. I'm trying to get a ride height of 1.7-1.9mm and even with the lowest ride height bushings installed the lowest I can get while maintaining a level pod is 2mm. To get the 1.7mm ride height I angle the pod downward and measure ride height at the front end and behind the battery. I thought about just trueing the tires down to get the height but will the smaller tires hurt me when running super stock and having to run the fixed gear ratio?
Old 07-26-2021, 02:17 AM
EMU
Tech Master

Yes, smaller diameter rear wheels will gradually effect the cars rollout, and therefore top speed. Due to the great limit you spend a lot of time at the rev limit, and I would not recommend cutting the rear tires down. For the most part, 1.7 front 2.0 rear is the lowest that i set my cars ride height to. Due to the bumpy nature of RCP, lower than that and you start to bottom out on the track even on smooth RCP.
ae4ever and NutDriver like this.
Old 08-23-2021, 08:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quick question if i may. In the new manual at least it states a '357520' ball end used on main shock. My kit didnt come with this and only the '307520' as used in steering link. Is this a mistake in the manual?
Old 11-08-2021, 05:32 AM
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

EMU,
What spring colors are you running for Superstock w/hard body? Is it still purple front, yellow sides...what about center spring?
TIA,
P2
Old 11-08-2021, 05:50 AM
EMU
Tech Master

Originally Posted by P2
EMU,
What spring colors are you running for Superstock w/hard body? Is it still purple front, yellow sides...what about center spring?
TIA,
P2
I currently have blue front, black side (same as yellow) and blue on center. The center is usually the first which I change depending on the conditions, but I went from purple to blue because I was running on a larger high flow circuit which benefitted using the softer spring. Smaller circuits with more brake, I would swap back to purple. I have the jomurema body with full lexan roof, so the body isn't very heavy comparatively.
P2 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.