GLR 1/27 Scale RWD Pan Chassis

Old 12-08-2020, 02:43 AM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

ae4ever and zxcvb1t like this.
Old 12-08-2020, 03:22 AM
Tech Addict

I kinda wish that the older GLR can be upgraded to this style's front end. Also, please keep the andizing in blue.... There are too many black chassis nowadays.

May I ask is there are a reason for the designer to change the side dampers location?.

Old 12-08-2020, 03:36 AM
EMU
Tech Master

Originally Posted by zxcvb1t
I kinda wish that the older GLR can be upgraded to this style's front end. Also, please keep the andizing in blue.... There are too many black chassis nowadays.

May I ask is there are a reason for the designer to change the side dampers location?.
I don't really have any say in the design of the GL cars. I give feedback, but whether they choose to listen is their choice.

As far as color for anodizing, I prefer the blue as well. It stood out more.

I suspect that the side damper location is to allow lower clearance bodies and body mounting options for the lexan bodies may be easier. It also allows wheelbase adjustment more easily without needing to change the pod.
Old 12-08-2020, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

I've been longing for an as wide as possible AA arm on a 2WD even way before i got a GLF, on that end very excited to see the feedback on the front end when the car eventually gets into consumer hands...I wouldn't dis the rear suspension just yet but have to admit on paper the middle of pod leverage point where side shocks end up at the least seems less than ideal. MRZ's rear end in combination w/GLR2's front would have been hard to beat...anyway excited about new product flow in this scale
EMU likes this.
Old 12-12-2020, 02:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by EMU
I don't really have any say in the design of the GL cars. I give feedback, but whether they choose to listen is their choice.

As far as color for anodizing, I prefer the blue as well. It stood out more.

I suspect that the side damper location is to allow lower clearance bodies and body mounting options for the lexan bodies may be easier. It also allows wheelbase adjustment more easily without needing to change the pod.
Could you also comment on item#5 on post #508. Where would the receiver fit flat on the chassis?
Old 12-12-2020, 03:21 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tlsotf
Could you also comment on item#5 on post #508. Where would the receiver fit flat on the chassis?
I cannot comment without the car in hand. It may be possible with a small ESC and the new smaller RXs to fit on the bottom deck. With respect to electronics placement, there are many variables for users preference, and the dimensions may effect placement choice.
Old 12-13-2020, 03:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by EMU
I cannot comment without the car in hand. It may be possible with a small ESC and the new smaller RXs to fit on the bottom deck. With respect to electronics placement, there are many variables for users preference, and the dimensions may effect placement choice.
Thanks for the reply. It just seems like their debut picture should have highlighted all of their selling points. Regardless, the GLR is an excellent chassis and I would like to see how this version performs. Its probably already an addition to my fleet.
Old 12-26-2020, 01:22 PM
Tech Adept

Will an MX-6 work with any of the available Sanwa compatible receivers, I'm assuming not since it is FH-E and I'm guessing the the best entry level radio for these cars is the MT-S?

I have interest in the GLR and GLF, how do these cars do on carpet? I have had Mini-Z's before and am pretty confident that I would be able to run a Mini-Z on the carpet in my apartment, but I have no experience with the GL cars, so any input would be appreciated.

I know that RCP is preferred, but I don't see that in my near future.
Old 12-26-2020, 02:03 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Originally Posted by _e_w_
Will an MX-6 work with any of the available Sanwa compatible receivers, I'm assuming not since it is FH-E and I'm guessing the the best entry level radio for these cars is the MT-S?

I have interest in the GLR and GLF, how do these cars do on carpet? I have had Mini-Z's before and am pretty confident that I would be able to run a Mini-Z on the carpet in my apartment, but I have no experience with the GL cars, so any input would be appreciated.

I know that RCP is preferred, but I don't see that in my near future.
I'm not aware of a micro receiver which is compatible with the mx-6. The MT-S is available from rcmart for $100+ship and is an excellent budget option.

for carpet demonstration
the fast lap car was GLR with foam rear tire, kyosho 20 front. Jomurema body. I had Laferrari body, but didn't have a good front tire (was on pn medium which is less traction than 20, and evaluating adjustments needed to be made). Had just finished dialing in the jomurema car and handed off to the driver in video. He has using my backup transmitter, the MT-S recommended above. I see little to no difference between the MT-44 and MT-S for these cars.
titanmaru likes this.
Old 12-26-2020, 03:49 PM
Tech Adept

EMU Thanks for the info and pointing me towards RC Mart.

My Carpet is not nearly as nice as what's in the video, but I think the GL cars will work.

I have driven/raced almost every scale and class except 1/8th, should I start off with a GLF or a GLR when I'm ready and based on what has been seen does the V2 GLR have the potential of being a noticeably better car?
Old 12-26-2020, 05:03 PM
EMU
Tech Master

I would recommend the GLR over the GLF to start with. It is hard to recommend the GLR-GT (v2) without having one in hand to track test. I would suspect that the front end would be less aggressive than the original GLR, but the rear end may be more aggressive with the leverage pivot side shock configuration. I assume that the GT will also need more option parts to bring it to the similar specification met with a GLR, brass chassis and side shock piston upgrade. No shocks are threaded with collar preload adjustment on the GT, and have the plastic pistons. This is similar to the default configuration of the GLF as well.

With the GLR, to track prep, brass chassis, 1.5d knuckle, spring sets, and the side pistons are all of the essential parts needed outside of motor and receiver. (car in video was equipped exactly this way)

I do like the triangle front brace, as the standard brace can restrict the servo horn throw when steering right. The newer upgrade servo saver and Ti servo is also a noticeable improvement, but the original is still pretty decent. The Ti servo has higher resolution, speed and torque. The Alu bulkheads add a little mass, and reduce a little flex. I have some cars with and without, and mostly use it for adjustable ballast.
NutDriver likes this.
Old 12-26-2020, 06:56 PM
Tech Addict

I do hope the original GLR can be upgraded to the gt's front end. At this moment, GL has yet to show us the bottom of GLR GT, so the hope is still there.

Old 12-26-2020, 07:09 PM
Tech Adept

EMU Thank you so much for the info.

NutDriver likes this.
Old 12-26-2020, 07:10 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Originally Posted by zxcvb1t
I do hope the original GLR can be upgraded to the gt's front end. At this moment, GL has yet to show us the bottom of GLR GT, so the hope is still there.
judging by what I have seen, I do not think it will be an option. I suspect that the front of the GT will be different ti accommodate the lower hinge and not be compatible with the original deck. Perhaps a new deck could be made to accommodate the new front end and old rear end, but we will need to see the release and measure up before that could be considered.
Old 01-24-2021, 06:55 PM
Tech Adept

Hello all
What setup has the most effect on the GLR other than the tire choice? maybe tire gluing/tape?
Do you run diff with slip or full lock?
Because I am very new to this car, what is the effect of the changes to the center shock, side spring, front spring, front and rear droop including the grease?

Since the first time I had glr, yesterday my glr can be controlled after changing the receiver. apparently there was a problem with the receiver.
TIA

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.