GLR 1/27 Scale RWD Pan Chassis >

GLR 1/27 Scale RWD Pan Chassis

Like Tree132Likes

GLR 1/27 Scale RWD Pan Chassis

Old 04-01-2020, 09:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tallyram View Post
I had several glitches last night while running. So annoying. The last time my car was nosed into the track bumper with the throttle stuck open.
I had some issues with the DasMicro Rx as well, my theory is that it's shock sensitive. Once it takes too many hits it will start going wonky. I reinforced the PCB by encasing it with hot glue and then mounted it using foam on all sides. So far no issues after that.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:27 AM
Tech Adept

Nice work there. How difficult a project was changing the connectors on the receiver? And should I get a different tip for my iron? I use the stock tip that came with my Hakko 936.

I had several glitches last night while running. So annoying. The last time my car was nosed into the track bumper with the throttle stuck open. My buddy thought I was doing it on purpose. ďJust warming the tires upĒ. Lol
The pins on the Futaba were a pain, I struggled to unsolder then neatly.

The fully decased one I just soldered directly the the pin contacts on the board.

The cased one with the jst connections I just trimmed the pins and soldered the connections to the pins.

Unless I was on competitive racer I would just solder the JST connectors onto the pins and leave it cased or just replace the jst connectors with the typical Rx plugs as itís only 1.3g heavier plus on the GLR I prefer the wide upper deck so more available room for movement to get the balance right.

Also even when you decase the R334 itís still not small enough to go onto the chassis under the top deck.
Old 04-09-2020, 02:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

All I can say is WOW.... Loving this car now! Just had to get used to the way it drives vs min z. Still trying tires on the rough side of the RCP track. We’ll be flipping it to the smooth side soon though. Right now the rear is loose on throttle, but very easy to drive still. May try loosening the ball diff a tad. Old track record was @ 4.287 with a stock mini z evo, now it’s a 4.014. And will be in the 3’s soon. Still don’t have the tires just right.

On another front, my dasmikro futaba receiver didn’t glitch once that I know of last night. Still going to convert a real futaba receiver anyway for my sanity.
Old 04-12-2020, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

We finally flipped the track to the smooth side and weíre definitely liking it. So far Iíve settled on ks type f ss for the rear and ks soft for the front. The rear seems pretty locked in on power and not as ďsquishyĒ feeling on power as the regular ks ss. Gonna try going from blue springs to purple springs in the front. Would love to use ks mediums in the front, but I traction roll with anything more firm than ks soft. Hoping stiffer springs up front will keep it from rolling. Super happy with the speed of this car. It was definitely a process getting it to this point. Last night ran a 3.8xx lap for a new track record. 😁 I appreciate all of the advice in this thread.
Byebye and tomthegeek like this.
Old 04-13-2020, 11:26 PM
Tech Adept

Did some more tuning on the car tonight. Ended up with a softer front and rear feeling best. Blue springs all over for now. The biggest thing Iím trying to fix is the steering on the straightaway being super twitchy. Not sure if twitchy is the best way to describe it. Seems like if Iím not pointed perfect down the straight any correction makes the car dart the way Iím turning the wheel. Iíve taken away close to all of the toe out in the front. Turned dual rate way down. Not sure about the servo saver. I built it carefully just like the manual says. Seems to function properly? Not really sure what to look for. Anyway, the car is a bullet with only a 3500kv Motor in it. Have the throttle epa at 75% and that makes it drivable on the small track I frequent. Waiting for KS super soft rear tires to come back in stock somewhere so I can try them. Running f type super softs on the rear now. Have -1* knuckles on the way also. More tuning on the way
I also feel super twichy too, I try to change the steering arm to be longer, please give it a try

Old 04-14-2020, 04:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by b.wihardja View Post
I also feel super twichy too, I try to change the steering arm to be longer, please give it a try

I ended up cutting my end points way down, limiting the steering throw both directions. Night and day difference. Loving the car now. Itís so fast.
EMU and b.wihardja like this.
Old 04-14-2020, 07:55 PM
Tech Adept

I ended up cutting my end points way down, limiting the steering throw both directions. Night and day difference. Loving the car now. Itís so fast.
i think with the longer steering arm, will mechanicaly reduce the steering throw while add some resolution and precision
Old 04-14-2020, 08:23 PM
Tech Addict

i think with the longer steering arm, will mechanicaly reduce the steering throw while add some resolution and precision
Worth a try. Hopefully it works out. I need to become a tire dealer. All these tires Iíve been buying lately.....
Old 04-15-2020, 04:15 PM
kwt
Tech Initiate

From your pictures, you have too much toe out. The car will be less twitchy with a little toe in. not much is needed
b.wihardja likes this.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:05 AM
Tech Addict

Default ESC

Having so much fun with my GLF I grabbed a GLR! Pretty simple build, and while much tuning still needed, Iím loving how it drives. Two questions here. The manual indicates taping the esc in place, yet the esc has mounting tabs and the chassis has countersunk holes to attach it with screws. I found some appropriate screws and attached it. Seems great, perfectly aligned with zero interference.
Second, anyone experimenting with 14mm rears and 11mm fronts?
Old 04-29-2020, 06:42 PM
Tech Addict

Default Longer servo arm

Canít help chiming in on the longer arm topic. If you are all increasing the length of the arm on the servo itís going to do quite the opposite of what youíre expecting. It will increase, not decrease, mechanical throw requiring lower end point settings and ultimately reduce resolution. In a perfect world, at 100% epa you achieve, mechanically, the max throw you desire. Seldom achievable I know...
LJH likes this.
Old 04-30-2020, 05:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Vintagedriver View Post
Canít help chiming in on the longer arm topic. If you are all increasing the length of the arm on the servo itís going to do quite the opposite of what youíre expecting. It will increase, not decrease, mechanical throw requiring lower end point settings and ultimately reduce resolution. In a perfect world, at 100% epa you achieve, mechanically, the max throw you desire. Seldom achievable I know...
Well, maybe i was wrong in term of "long steering arm". What i mean is longer ball link connection on the steering crank.

Old 04-30-2020, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

Well, maybe i was wrong in term of "long steering arm". What i mean is longer ball link connection on the steering crank.
Makes much more sense! My bad, didnít realize you were referring to the bell crank. Prolly should have looked closely at the pics.
b.wihardja likes this.
Old 05-01-2020, 01:40 PM
Tech Addict

Noticed the holes on the esc during my build, but with my off-road background I figured the tape would be flexible and not transfer as much force to the esc during crashes. Not that we are jumping them or anything, lol.
Old 05-01-2020, 01:46 PM
Tech Addict

On another note, we just flipped our track to the smooth side a couple of weeks ago and have way to much traction. When the track starts taking rubber does it actually decrease traction some. I hope so. Friend is having a hard time with flipping at the end of the straight. My car rotates a lot and is easy to drive. We’ve changed front and side springs to red and that seemed to help. Would running -1* knuckles in the front help any? That’s really the only thing different on my car from where he started. He’s running the same tires as me also. My car is damn sweet to drive!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.