Old 07-02-2018, 03:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Factory Pro Option parts
Faster Int. Gear Ratio Gear Set
Alu. Gear Diff. Set

Old 07-22-2018, 03:09 PM
Tech Adept

Will this motor fit? Having ideas of trying this.

http://www.rcmart.com/hobbywing-ezrun12t2030-brushless-motors-free-ship-p-34740.html?cPath=1560_946
Old 07-28-2018, 12:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

RC Market,

Where can we order the Factory Pro RC parts from and how much are they for the trike parts?
Old 07-31-2018, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

guys, I finally own my personal dancing rider. yeah

I tried to drive it last weekend on a track with a lot of curves and was really disappointed about the poor turning circle of this vehicle.
I used the kit setup and tires. the only hop up was the tam tech sport tuned motor .

so after 3 laps, I stoped driving and put it away
in addition my low profile servo seems to be to responsive, while turning from left to right and vice versa it oftenly stuttered from left to right an back, ...
I already read, that I should use a slow servo, and this might help a little bit, I will try this.

but I would be thankful if you could give me some advise how to get the dancing rider better into the turns..

thanks and br
flo
Old 08-01-2018, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You should be able to slow the response of your servo down via the controls on your controller. Also there was a post in this thread (dont recall which page) about what tires/parts to use to make the trike handle better and the turning radius better.

dont give up! Racing an rc vehicle on a track demands a lot more out of the vehicle. If you can set your car up to handle the track you'll be that much further ahead of everyone else who will have to struggle with the same challenges. Look at vehicle setup as part of the competition.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by airbiscuit
Will this motor fit? Having ideas of trying this.

, ,(EZRUN-12T/2030) by Hobbywing EZRUN-12T/2030 Brushless motors
Can't be certain it will. It depends on the mounting hole spacing.

The stock brushed motor is 2430-size. I have successfully used a 2030 brushless motor to replace the stock motor in an HPI Mini Recon, which I believe is the same type of brushed motor, but the T3-01 motor mount doesn't leave any wiggle room for the motor screws.

I successfully installed the 3300kV Turnigy Trackstar 370 motor (disclaimer: affiliate link - mods please remove if against TOS) in my T3-01 and it's fairly nice and mild. Size is 2437, and it will only fit in two orientations using the furthest holes, with one of them getting the motor wires in the way of the wheel. Assuming the same dimensions, the other winds should fit right in the same way. I can share a picture later tonight. The motor shaft is a bit longer than stock as well, but it doesn't cause any problems sticking out the end of the pinion.

I have some eBay 5800kV 2430 motors on order, but I think I will keep the 3300kV in for casual driving.

I'm running it with a Hobbywing EZRUN-18A-SL V2, LVC set to 2.8V/cell on a homemade 2S LiFePO4 made from 18650 A123 cells.

One thing to note is that the plastic pinion is a press-fit onto the round shaft of the stock motor, and these brushless motors have a flat-sided shaft. I would recommend upgrading to a metal pinion with a grub screw when you upgrade the motor. I got mine from RCmart.

Unrelated, but one thing that caught me off guard with this model is the size of the wheel bearings - I saw the dimensions and ordered the proper ones, and also ordered the 3racing steel dogbone/driveshafts. I wasn't really paying attention because the bearing inner diameter is 6mm compared to the standard 5mm used on Tamiya touring cars, so I didn't find out until assembling, that my wheel hexes don't fit. So, if you're planning to upgrade to proper driveshafts that use locknuts instead of the janky little screw, make sure you get the set that includes wheel hexes.

Another thing that may or may not have been mentioned as advice to future builders, I would recommend choosing a slower, torquier servo. Mine is 0.14s/60deg and I feel it is too fast. Yes, I can adjust it in the radio but I feel that starting off with the right servo is a better option.

Last edited by gctkaz; 09-05-2018 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Added pictures of installed motor
Old 07-30-2020, 07:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Pulling this thread back up. I just picked up a pair of these was wondering if there's any recs for battery packs. Seems to be a weird shape/size.

Also I noticed there's a 4xAA pack version which I'd be interested to know how much if it's terrible compared to a lipo pack. My kids will mainly be running these so doesn't need to be the fastest thing on the block.
Old 09-25-2020, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

So I ended up getting the Zeee 7.4V 60C 1500mAh 2S RC Lipo Battery with Deans Plug off of Amazon and can confirm that it fits in the bay.

This thing was a lot of fun until I noticed the power delivery is slipping in recent runs. It goes but at a much more reduced speed. Inspected the pinion (press fit) but seems fine. Gears all look good too.

Feels similar to running a loose ball diff except this thing comes with a gear diff so there's nothing to tension. Perhaps the gears in the diff are chewed up? Any other suggestions on places to look?
Old 08-09-2021, 11:19 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Do you guys think a Hobbywing 1625 ESC will work (meant for 1/16 and 1/18th cars)? Or should I just use the bigger Hobbywing 1060?