a liitle help please

Old 11-20-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Default a liitle help please

i bought 2 hyperion chargers last year. at 2 different times.(i like them by the way.)i havent bought lipo yet because our club requires roar approval which im inclined to think is just politics.not really sure. anyway i really like maxamps as a consumer im very loyal to companies i deal with.i would very much like to be loyal to maxamps.any suggestions.
1st question. being i bought the chargers at 2 different times does that mean i qualify for discount or is it too late? im gonna try and call monday.
2nd question im thinking of buying 2 maxamps lipos and keeping it quiet and hoping nobody notices.does that seem stupid?
the problem is im out of work and budgets are a little tight so if i get caught
i cant afford to buy more.
this is something i do with my 10 year old son and him and i are having a great time with it.
any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated
thanks alot
Old 11-20-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hi Howie, I'll give my opinion.
I'll stay away from question 1 as I have an understanding of there "member discount" but am just a loyal consumer as well.

Question 2 : If your club does NOT allow the use of Lipo batteries at all then I would not "cross the line" and try and hide the use of lipo batteries. If your club does allow lipo batteries and they just have to be "ROAR approved" Lipo batteries, Then I would ask a club official if you could use a non approved mfg's pack.
My club uses ROAR as a guideline but we are flexible when it comes to the "little" things. We feel that if there is a difference between a 5000 mah and a 5250 mah pack, It would be negligable. We (My club) hope that ROAR's guidelines are to try and keep things on an "even as possible playing feild" but feel some of the "little things" can make it very difficult for "the average" racer.
A couple other examples:
1 : My area still has a strong monster truck class and ROAR's rules limit lexan body's in this class, We feel this is a "little" thing as well.
2 : ROAR's rules in the Mod truck class would make a "proud new VXL Rustler" owner go out and buy 2.2 tires instead of the RTR 2.9 tires that come with the truck. (and there are not many choices in this particular case).

There are many many more examples of why we ammend ROAR rules and feel that the battery thing should be ammended as well.

Just an opinion from a Club in New Hampshire trying to "have fun".
S/Jay
www.nearclub.com
Old 11-23-2009, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HOWIE BEDELL View Post
i bought 2 hyperion chargers last year. at 2 different times.(i like them by the way.)i havent bought lipo yet because our club requires roar approval which im inclined to think is just politics.not really sure. anyway i really like maxamps as a consumer im very loyal to companies i deal with.i would very much like to be loyal to maxamps.any suggestions.
1st question. being i bought the chargers at 2 different times does that mean i qualify for discount or is it too late? im gonna try and call monday.
2nd question im thinking of buying 2 maxamps lipos and keeping it quiet and hoping nobody notices.does that seem stupid?
the problem is im out of work and budgets are a little tight so if i get caught
i cant afford to buy more.
this is something i do with my 10 year old son and him and i are having a great time with it.
any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated
thanks alot

We do have a ROAR approved pack check out the 4200SS pack as for your discount level with us, if the account has been active you'll get the amount assigned to your level.

If you want just call Josh or Alex and they can check to see where your at.

Jason
Old 11-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JAM MaxAmps View Post
We do have a ROAR approved pack check out the 4200SS pack as for your discount level with us, if the account has been active you'll get the amount assigned to your level.

If you want just call Josh or Alex and they can check to see where your at.

Jason
thanks jason i appreciate it.
do you think that the pack you suggested would last a ten minute
race in a slash or a slash 4x4.
any input is appreciated thanks again
Old 11-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

They should last way more than 10 minutes.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HOWIE BEDELL View Post
thanks jason i appreciate it.
do you think that the pack you suggested would last a ten minute
race in a slash or a slash 4x4.
any input is appreciated thanks again
In any 1/10th scale you should see 18 minutes or so of solid run time on a 4200. 10 minute races won't be an issue.

Jason