Wiki Posts
Search

What charger/plug combo for the Tx pack

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default What charger/plug combo for the Tx pack

I was thinking about getting this battery for my M8. It will fit because my buddy has one for his 3PK. I was wondering if my Hyperion EOS0606i DC Balance Charger will charge this battery? If my charger will work, should I get a set of Deans mounted on the the battery? Are these the settings? 3s lipo...2500 mah equals a 2.5 amp charge rate, correct?
Old 10-05-2009, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by d4man
I was thinking about getting this battery for my M8. It will fit because my buddy has one for his 3PK. I was wondering if my Hyperion EOS0606i DC Balance Charger will charge this battery? If my charger will work, should I get a set of Deans mounted on the the battery? Are these the settings? 3s lipo...2500 mah equals a 2.5 amp charge rate, correct?
Yes your Hyperion charger will charger it you can either get a second plug or make a charger lead that has the correct plug. One option that many use is the JST mini plug as a second plug then get the other end from our plugs and wire section of the website along with a set of 4mm plugs. Yes 3S 11.1 volt pack with capacity set at 2.5 amps for 2500 mAh.

Jason
Old 10-05-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thank you Jason for your quick reply
Old 10-06-2009, 03:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

looking at that pack for my 3pk i want to put a balancer on it how do i go about ordering it with that option...
Old 10-06-2009, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

We don't offer balance tap plugs on the TX'r Li-Po packs. Main reason is that the discharge rate is so very low that it doesn't pull the cells out of wack. And the 2.5 charge rate is low as well. I've got an almost 2 1/2 year old pack in my DX7 and it's still like new. No issues.

Jason
Old 10-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JAM MaxAmps
We don't offer balance tap plugs on the TX'r Li-Po packs. Main reason is that the discharge rate is so very low that it doesn't pull the cells out of wack. And the 2.5 charge rate is low as well. I've got an almost 2 1/2 year old pack in my DX7 and it's still like new. No issues.

Jason
ok thats cool
i was just asking because your website says otherwise.
"Note: This pack does not come with balancing taps. Make sure your Lipo charger is capable of charging without a balancing tap. Otherwise, request a particular balancing tap to be installed on your pack"
Old 10-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by smokinu
ok thats cool
i was just asking because your website says otherwise.
"Note: This pack does not come with balancing taps. Make sure your Lipo charger is capable of charging without a balancing tap. Otherwise, request a particular balancing tap to be installed on your pack"
Yeah sorry about that I forgot about that deal. Some people use chargers like the Electrifly that charges thru the balance taps. If you want you need to call the order into the shop to get the balance taps put on the pack. 1-888-654-4450.

Jason
Old 10-08-2009, 02:06 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JAM MaxAmps
Yeah sorry about that I forgot about that deal. Some people use chargers like the Electrifly that charges thru the balance taps. If you want you need to call the order into the shop to get the balance taps put on the pack. 1-888-654-4450.

Jason
My triton can charge without it I'll be ordering soon thanks Jason always a big help when I purchase packs
Old 10-09-2009, 05:50 AM
Tech Master

Sounds good and your welcome.

Jason
Old 10-13-2009, 09:16 AM
Tech Rookie

good info...