Wiki Posts
Search

hyperion duo

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 42 (96%+)
Default hyperion duo

Hey guys I have a duo. The first one. And I have a few questions. I want to know why it takes me sometimes over 90 mins to charge batteries. 3800-4800 mah Also I had a 3cell 1500mah batt charge for 99mins Is this normal?? Or is something wrong???

Also Can I update this? or do I need to update it?

I use a 13.8v 12.5amp PSU

Also I have a basically new smc battery I run it, then let sit for 5 mins. then go to charge and the charger is telln me the battery is done chargeing. can you tell me why it does that?

Thank you much appreciated. Love this Charger.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

here a quick question for you just curious what chemestry of batteries are you charging LiPo, Nimh, nicd??? also what amps are you charging at.

if you your charging lipo the with the cell balancer it does take time to get the last 500 mh in the pack as it useally goes down to around half the amp then further down. till down. I know it take my single cell around 35 minute to fully charge up to 4900.

I hope this helps
Old 11-18-2009, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PsycoB4
Hey guys I have a duo. The first one. And I have a few questions. I want to know why it takes me sometimes over 90 mins to charge batteries. 3800-4800 mah Also I had a 3cell 1500mah batt charge for 99mins Is this normal?? Or is something wrong???

Also Can I update this? or do I need to update it?

I use a 13.8v 12.5amp PSU

Also I have a basically new smc battery I run it, then let sit for 5 mins. then go to charge and the charger is telln me the battery is done chargeing. can you tell me why it does that?

Thank you much appreciated. Love this Charger.

Try watching your charge rate while charging. If your never seeing the true rate you set the charger at you need a bigger Power supply. The DUO needs at least a 30 amp 360 watt power supply to operate correctly.

Jason
Old 11-18-2009, 01:19 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by JAM MaxAmps
Try watching your charge rate while charging. If your never seeing the true rate you set the charger at you need a bigger Power supply. The DUO needs at least a 30 amp 360 watt power supply to operate correctly.

Jason
The PSU is plenty sir. Do you not understand I am charging 5amp batteries So I only need double that. I charge 1 battery at a time.

I know what I am talking about also the battery doesnt charge for more than 5 seconds. So I cant see shit. The battery is Brand new. Never had a issue. and It even charges on my turnigy 6. So ........

Sumtimes it takes over 2hrs to do 1 battery can you explain that???

I am only running lipos from 3400-5200 mah 25-35c
Old 11-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Well sir due to your attitude and language and seeing that this is an older no longer warrantied charger we will just end this thread here. Good luck and best regards

Jason

Last edited by JAM MaxAmps; 11-18-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Suspended

Well sir due to your attitude and language and seeing that this is an older no longer warrantied charger we will just end this thread here. Good luck and best regards

Jason
I dont see where I was rude? Or had Bad Language? I was discussing what was wrong and at the time I wrote this, I was at the track and very Frustrated that this was happening. I dont see why you took it so Personal. I do apologize if I hurt or said anything that could make you feel I have taken.

but I could Use help on the charger and could like to know why and how. Thank you
Old 11-19-2009, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Thank you for the apology, if you have never updated the charger I would start there. Another thing to watch is the balancer while your charging. Your packs may not be balancing out as fast as they used to. The Hyperion's balancer is very sensitive and the extra time may be spent trying to balance out the packs. Check those two things and go from there.

Jason
Old 11-19-2009, 09:35 AM
Suspended

Thank you for the apology, if you have never updated the charger I would start there. Another thing to watch is the balancer while your charging. Your packs may not be balancing out as fast as they used to. The Hyperion's balancer is very sensitive and the extra time may be spent trying to balance out the packs. Check those two things and go from there.

Jason
Hey Jay. Did anyone say anything about using the Balancer?? I dont mean to be rude, but at times people give the wrong answers.

Lets start over......

I run my SMC 5200mah 25c battery for 12 mins. I go to charge it and it tells me the battery is done. I put the SAME battery to my other charger, it works fine.

Now also this charger is taking longer than my turnigy 6 to charge the same battery. Now why is that???

I never updated it and dont know how really. But I think this charger is dead, and is not working properly. I see it is discontinued but Im sure that you can help me out and fix this isssue.

Thank you and have a good day
Old 11-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Hey I'm trying to help here plain and simple.

What is the DUO's screen reading when it claims your pack is fully charged? What's it showing for numbers. With out that info I can't say whether the charger is bad or not.

Jason
Old 11-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Suspended

Hey I'm trying to help here plain and simple.

What is the DUO's screen reading when it claims your pack is fully charged? What's it showing for numbers. With out that info I can't say whether the charger is bad or not.

Jason
How can the charger be bad if it charges my other batteries? Every battery that I have?? Let me go look up the #s and get back to you.

But I mean with what I am saying what does it sound like to you? I know you guys dont repair chargers, You just replace. I dont know where any of my paperwork is on this item. I was told these DO NOT Break. And are Flawless. That is why I bought this charger.

How is the eos1201?? is that any good compared to this??
Old 11-20-2009, 10:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default SMC Battery

Check your "Battery Type" setting on the SMC to make sure it is LIPO and not LION. I set my Hyperion wrong once, LION instead of LIPO and it behaved exactly as you described. Hope this helps.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:13 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by oldsprintfan
Check your "Battery Type" setting on the SMC to make sure it is LIPO and not LION. I set my Hyperion wrong once, LION instead of LIPO and it behaved exactly as you described. Hope this helps.
LOL hahahahahha

Its on lipo sorry buddy not that dumb. Plus if you read it worked and chareged the battery b4
Old 11-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

You know I'm really sorry I tried to help. I did make that dumb mistake once by inadvertently changing the battery type when making other changes to the memory data. Obviously you never any mistakes. In spite of your sorry attitude i hope you find your problem.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

Ok let s keep on track with out making rude comments to those trying to help you. If you simply insist on being rude we can simply end this here and now.

Now as for the charger another thing you can try doing is cleaning all the electrical contacts. Charge leads, balance plugs the works. As for the durability of the hyperion chargers I still to this day use an original DUO with out any issues. They have a great track record.

-J
Old 11-20-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default charge peak

Is there anyway to get the peak to go higher than 8.38-8.39?
8.44 is max that is legal, so I would like to get this charger to at least go to that voltage.
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.