Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Company/Manufacturer Forums > MaxAmps Support Forum
New 4S 5250 60C Hard cased pack!!! >

New 4S 5250 60C Hard cased pack!!!

New 4S 5250 60C Hard cased pack!!!

Old 09-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Cain;6325617]I think he may be figuring the overall price of the pack should be lower than what it currently is based on the fact that ROAR approvals don't have to be done and have that cost built in from what he understands.

The pack in question though is priced about the same as the Thunder Power 5000mah 4S 40C pack, so I don't think its way out there in price. At the higher end of price, sure, but its not way out there in my opinion.

QUOTE]

Yes,that's basically what I'm getting at.The Thunder Power pack that you mentioned is slightly cheaper,but it is also ROAR approved.According to a post I read awhile back,Max Amps was not interested in ROAR legal packs because of the cost of having them approved.So,since Thunder Power's pack is approved,it should cost somewhere between $350-$450 using the Max Amps logic.

Originally Posted by JAM MaxAmps View Post
I guess I don't see what your talking about it's $10.00 more for the cased compared to the non cased. Makes sense to me charge a few dollars more seeing there is another part on the pack. Simple enough.

-J
If you compare it to other Max Amps packs,of course it's not gonna seem too expensive.I am comparing it to other comparable packs,not your soft cased version of the same battery.Now are you picking up what I'm laying down?
Old 09-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Oh Great

Someone else that can't stay on topic and thinks everything should cost the same.
Why? Why? Why?

Since we are off topic any way....Short story:

I went to NYC a few weeks back....Had a great time......The cheapest room I could find (where I wouldn't catch any diseases) $225, Bottle of water =$3.50...Piece of Cheesecake $12.

I also bought a Rolex for $25 bucks.

Didn't complain a bit and am going back to do it again next month
Old 09-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tmaxxdaddy1 View Post
Oh Great

Someone else that can't stay on topic and thinks everything should cost the same.
Why? Why? Why?

Since we are off topic any way....Short story:

I went to NYC a few weeks back....Had a great time......The cheapest room I could find (where I wouldn't catch any diseases) $225, Bottle of water =$3.50...Piece of Cheesecake $12.

I also bought a Rolex for $25 bucks.

Didn't complain a bit and am going back to do it again next month

I don't get it.I'm simply interacting with others on here,inquiring about pricing and you get all bent out of shape about being off topic????????

But anyway,thanks for that informative post.You've cleared up everything for me.So,the new 4S pack comes with a fake Rolex?
Old 09-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Regular

LOL
No offense intended.

Thunder Power's pack is approved,it should cost somewhere between $350-$450 using the Max Amps logic.
Kinda sounds like a dig to me thats all.
Nowhere in the topic did I read anything about price claims, that's what I meant by "off topic".

You've cleared up everything for me
Not sure what is unclear?
But I can give you a deal on a used Rolex
Old 09-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Tech Adept

well i dont know about that. but what i do know is i like my little non hard cased 4s 5250. and as soon as i get my 1/8th scale back together again after missing a jump of over 10 feet, i will enjoy it some more...have yet to reach 4 cycles
Old 09-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

LOL
No offense intended.

Kinda sounds like a dig to me thats all.
Nowhere in the topic did I read anything about price claims, that's what I meant by "off topic".

Not sure what is unclear?
But I can give you a deal on a used Rolex
Nah,I'm not trying to take any shots here.It's hard for me to type things the way it sounds in my head.I guess I've just been confused since the beginning of this thread.The 60C title caught my eye because I recently discovered that SMC came out with a 5200 50C (2S,not 4S) so I wanted to see what this 60C was all about.But when I read into this thread it turns out that it's actually 30C if you go by the standards that most other companies are using.Between that and the non ROAR approved hard case,I'm just plain confused.I use approved packs because I race with them.Sure not all tracks go by those rules,but alot do so I just get a battery I know will be fine whatever track I go to.If it wasn't for that,I would just buy soft case lipos like all the bashers I know.What would you want a non-approved hard case for? Have a habit of ejecting packs while bashing? Seriously,I'm not being sarcastic.I'm really just wondering.

As far as price claims,I'm just going by the website.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

You ask "What would you want a non approved Hard Cased pack for?" Simple not everyone races ROAR races. There are plenty of tracks that require a HC pack but they don't need to be ROAR approved.

Jason
Old 09-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JAM MaxAmps View Post
You ask "What would you want a non approved Hard Cased pack for?" Simple not everyone races ROAR races. There are plenty of tracks that require a HC pack but they don't need to be ROAR approved.

Jason
I totally agree with you that there are alot of tracks that don't follow ROAR rules.But at the same time,there are alot of tracks that do.Like I asked in my last post:Why bother with a HC if it's not to meet requirements?Why not just leave them soft case?That's why I drew the conclusion that maybe they're for bashers who can't get their batteries to stay in the vehicle while running.I really don't know what to think.If I was a one track wonder and raced at a track that didn't care about lipo safety requirements,I would just save myself some money and weight and buy soft case.Unfortunately for me,that's not the case.Does this make sense to any one else?
Old 09-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

I hear ya.
I run a converted revo, Its a Tekno kit wich puts the battery off to one side totally exposed......I Don't have a problem keeping my pack in but I do worry about getting T Boned or Debris fling around , so for me the hard pack is a no brainer. Weight (not sure what the difference) But would guess it is negligible.
In My area, New Hampshire, Maine, Mass, Ct , And the ones I know of in NY, Require you to use your head, be smart ,Sometimes a Lipo sack (when running indoors).
My local track has concluded that most Lipo related accidents come from Charging, discharging, and wiring mishaps and won't matter if they are hard or soft (they're going up no matter what).
We do follow ROAR's rules as guidlines but also view there take on Lipo's as more at keeping things on the competeive level and not so much in the saftey area of things.
Just an opinion
Old 09-13-2009, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

I hear ya.
I run a converted revo, Its a Tekno kit wich puts the battery off to one side totally exposed......I Don't have a problem keeping my pack in but I do worry about getting T Boned or Debris fling around , so for me the hard pack is a no brainer. Weight (not sure what the difference) But would guess it is negligible.
In My area, New Hampshire, Maine, Mass, Ct , And the ones I know of in NY, Require you to use your head, be smart ,Sometimes a Lipo sack (when running indoors).
My local track has concluded that most Lipo related accidents come from Charging, discharging, and wiring mishaps and won't matter if they are hard or soft (they're going up no matter what).
We do follow ROAR's rules as guidlines but also view there take on Lipo's as more at keeping things on the competeive level and not so much in the saftey area of things.
Just an opinion

Now that makes sense.I have a feeling that these lipo rules will ease up a bit after the whole scare factor wears off.I honestly don't see the hard cases and lipo sacks being a necessity if you are a competant person.But I have also seen some real idiots that make it easy to see why all the safety precautions are set.At this point I have no choice but to race with HC lipos and charge in an over priced bag.That's where all my confusion has come from with a non-approved HC lipo.If it weren't for my local track having such a tight grip on the ROAR rulebook,I would be saving myself a ton of money and buying all soft case packs.

I personally have never had or seen a lipo incident.There was one that happened this season at a nearby track.Apparently a kid had some kind of nimh charger and a shady ebay item that was supposed to convert his charger to charge lipo.Well,he was charging it in the car and the car was sitting under his pit table,next to his gallon of nitro.Battery caught fire,melted the side of his nitro can,melted the car to nothing,and almost caused a major incident!People like that are the reason for all these rules.Aside from that one moron,all the battery incidents I've witnessed were nimh charging explosions.Seen quite a few of them last season and most of the time the battery was sitting on a pit table and blew up inches from the owner's face.A couple times the ends of the cells shot across the pits and hit other people.

Anyway,thanks for shedding some light on this whole topic!
Old 09-19-2009, 02:01 PM
Tech Adept

how long can these packs sit fully charged before they begin degrading the pack?
cant tell you how many times i charge a pack, break a small part on my car, then never drive it til its fixed the next day or so
Old 09-19-2009, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GT_legends_csl View Post
how long can these packs sit fully charged before they begin degrading the pack?
cant tell you how many times i charge a pack, break a small part on my car, then never drive it til its fixed the next day or so
Please see here:

http://www.maxamps.com/lipo-care.php

-J
Old 09-21-2009, 09:00 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 251 (100%+)

Jason,

Know anyone running this pack in a Hyper 9E? Trying to confirm fitment.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Jason,

Know anyone running this pack in a Hyper 9E? Trying to confirm fitment.
the 4S HC 5250 will fit in any tray designed for a 4S pack.

Jason