Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Company/Manufacturer Forums > MaxAmps Support Forum
MaxAmps.com Green Series Life 4500 6.6V Battery Pack - New cell technology! >

MaxAmps.com Green Series Life 4500 6.6V Battery Pack - New cell technology!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MaxAmps.com Green Series Life 4500 6.6V Battery Pack - New cell technology!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks! That's all I needed to know.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default MAXAMPS life a123 charger and real rates

can you show your 15C charger picture ?

where to get maxamps life in indonesia ?

your
MaxAmps Green Series Life 2250
# 2250mah Capacity
# 6.6 Volts
30C Constant(67.5 amps)
# 60C Burst - 890 surge watts(135 amps)

is this Discharge "C" rate for pack's or per cells ?

Last edited by irgo; 07-24-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:18 AM
Tech Adept

I'm really interested in this cells as now I'm racing in ISTC modified brushless class. Normally we use 6 cells NiMh with 4.0 or 5 cells with 3.5. Since IFMAR will approve Lipo/Life in next Ifmar world. I have some questions before purchase this LIFE cells.

- Does charging procedure same as LiPO? just different voltage peak limit right? i.e Lipo is 8.4 and how about LiFE? 7.6?
- Should I go for 3.5 with LiFE or 4.5 with LiPO? from my experience Lipo may be damage with those high amp draw from 4.5 motor.

Thanks for your reply.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by irgo
can you show your 15C charger picture ?

where to get maxamps life in indonesia ?

your
MaxAmps Green Series Life 2250
# 2250mah Capacity
# 6.6 Volts
30C Constant(67.5 amps)
# 60C Burst - 890 surge watts(135 amps)

is this Discharge "C" rate for pack's or per cells ?
The 15C charge rate was done by our manufacturer I'm don't have access to a graph of that. Besides the largest charger out right now max's out at 20 amps. It'll be a few years before something bigger comes along.

As for the ratings on the site that is the ratings for the specific pack not a single cell.

Originally Posted by Kingcrab
I'm really interested in this cells as now I'm racing in ISTC modified brushless class. Normally we use 6 cells NiMh with 4.0 or 5 cells with 3.5. Since IFMAR will approve Lipo/Life in next Ifmar world. I have some questions before purchase this LIFE cells.

- Does charging procedure same as LiPO? just different voltage peak limit right? i.e Lipo is 8.4 and how about LiFE? 7.6?
- Should I go for 3.5 with LiFE or 4.5 with LiPO? from my experience Lipo may be damage with those high amp draw from 4.5 motor.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes the sequence is similar but the voltages are different. A 6.6 volt LiFe-Po peaks at 7.2 volts.

As far as what to run with each set-up as long as your geared with in the packs specs both will work.

Jason
Old 09-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default LiFe voltage

Is there any interest from pro-racers using LiFe?
Old 09-12-2009, 07:14 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

says on ur site that this is a great pack for a b4. my TP and SMC units are 'shorter' than the listed dimensions on your pack and they just fit. 26mm vs 23.5mm. i dont see it fittin a b4, at least without tweakin somethin bad.

R
Old 09-12-2009, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DraftDriver
Is there any interest from pro-racers using LiFe?
These packs are not designed to replace the performance of a Li-Po so no we are not pushing them for racing.

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
says on ur site that this is a great pack for a b4. my TP and SMC units are 'shorter' than the listed dimensions on your pack and they just fit. 26mm vs 23.5mm. i dont see it fittin a b4, at least without tweakin somethin bad.

R
We have a B4 at the shop and the pack fits it just fine. It the same size as our 6500 Li-Po which also will fit in the B4 just fine.

Jason
Old 09-12-2009, 08:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAM MaxAmps
These packs are not designed to replace the performance of a Li-Po so no we are not pushing them for racing.

Jason

Will future LiFe packs be designed for racing?
Old 09-14-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DraftDriver
Will future LiFe packs be designed for racing?
Only time will tell...........

-J
Old 10-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello

I have been running 2x 2s2p a123 packs in a brushless truggy and I must say they have been working excellent. Ive been wanting to try 5s2p but they take up too much space(weight), now seeing these green packs I have to try the 16.5v 4500. How would the performance compare to a 4s lipo? Is it true that lipos have more punch?

I read a magazine test on these batteries that said they were more like nimh in performance but I find this hard to believe as the a123s ive been using are much better than nimh.

thanks

Last edited by kato19; 10-11-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kato19
Hello

I have been running 2x 2s2p a123 packs in a brushless truggy and I must say they have been working excellent. Ive been wanting to try 5s2p but they take up too much space(weight), now seeing these green packs I have to try the 16.5v 4500. How would the performance compare to a 4s lipo? Is it true that lipos have more punch?

I read a magazine test on these batteries that said they were more like nimh in performance but I find this hard to believe as the a123s ive been using are much better than nimh.

thanks
The easiest way to look at this is by looking at the pack voltage. With a LiFe-Po you have less voltage which means less power, less speed, less "Punch". If your looking for top performance Li-Po is the only way to go. You can however get the LiFe-Po packs to run very similar or close to what a Li-Po can offer by stepping up to a higher KV motor and also by going up a pinion gear or two. But most don't want to have to get a new motor to use the packs. In the article you read what was meant was the the discharge at the end is like a NimH pack. The discharge is very similar to a Li-Po in that they hold the voltage, there is no drop like a NimH. But at the end the power fades just like a NimH because there is no need for a voltage cutoff point. These packs are in no way a replacement for Li-Po's, they are a safe upgrade from a NimH pack. They offer a great life span, very fast charging, and no risk of fire. It's a pack that dad can by his young son and not worry about him using it.

Jason
Old 10-12-2009, 07:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the reply

Im already running tekins highest kv truggy motor the 2250(because of the lower 13.2 voltage I have been using). I think at 16.5v it will work great.

I would like to stick with this type of battery as I would rather not have the risk associated with lipo. I like your reference to dad and I agree, when my son is old enough for his first real rc he wont be using lipos(unless of course they are 100% safe by then).
Old 05-20-2011, 12:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello I need some guide on using the life packs on nitro 1/8th buggy. I've used 3 life packs and puffed them all my xray 808 buggy, they all puffed and went dead on me while I'm in qualifying and in the finals. I live in a tropichal country and we regularly run on a very hot days. I'm suspicious the packs went dead because of the heat especially the battery tray on my xray buggy is very close to the engine. Is this the real culprit and if it is what can I do to tackle the problem? I like the Life packs consistent voltage and I'm interested to buy your maxamps life pack but I'm very traumatic about the durability.
Btw, which of your life pack do you suggest for my xray nitro buggy?